Shot Scope Pro L2 Laser Rangefinder

I merged the posts that I could into this thread and locked the other one to eliminate confusion and get this thread going with some feedback.

Yeah. This is my new rangefinder. Does everything I need. It’s not as big or bulky as some others. Magnet works great. It’s accurate and picks up distances quickly.

For a slope rangefinder? Hard to beat the price. Ballyhack has some SERIOUS sloping and I felt fully confident that the L2 was giving accurate distances.

This device is a great size as you can see as well as lightweight AND includes slope at the flick of that switch you see below all for $149! Insane price for this unit. Comes with a battery, a nice case and a lens cloth. The device itself has a very strong magnet that never wavered during our rounds at Ballyhack. I've never had a magnet on my rangefinder before so the only trick is to not forget it on the cart like I almost did.

I found it to pick up distances quickly with the scan feature and the vibration letting you know you got the pin. The vibration is a bit different than the Bushnell I have been using but it works very similarly meaning you scan the flag and it gets it most of the time.

IMG_3988.jpg

Had this in play again last night. Really impressed with how easy it is to use and I'm a big fan of having the magnet. For the price I'm not sure there is a better one on the market.

IMG_4070.jpg

I had not used a rangefinder before the Data Experience as I have always used GPS and figured front/middle/back of the green was good enough but receiving the L2 has changed my mind on this. The L2 is a wonderful rangefinder in that it is compact, very light and has a powerful magnet that there is no fear of it falling off the cart support. Switching slope on/off is a breeze with the side toggle (if you see the green line, slope is on). It is fast to pickup the flag with the sweeping setup, just aim the rangefinder, press the button and sweep over the flag til the unit buzzes.

Having the distance to the flag is going to allow me to better adjust my club selection vs just having F/M/B. My previous approach was for front pin placements use the middle distance, for everything else use the back distance. Now knowing the exact distance I can select a club that will land between the flag distance and the Back read out on my X5. That along with knowing the difference in distance that the slope is making I think will help my approach game a lot as sometimes I tended to not take slope into account previously.

Not to be overshadowed by the Shot Scope X5’srelease Shot Scope delivers another quality option to their portfolio of Laser Rangefinder’s. Introducing the Shot Scope Pro L2 laser range finder, giving golfers a affordable option in the marketplace with the quality and name recognition they’ve come to expect with the Shot Scope brand of products.

1679353584619.jpeg

The new sleek compact design gives confidence when in use fitting nicely in the golfers hand and features a magnet to stowaway when not in use, but no fear if Mother Nature decides to bring some precipitation in the forecast as the Pro L2 comes with a waterproof case just for those occasions in addition to the water resistant design. Not only will that give the user peace of mind but so too will the 2-year warranty.

1679353613336.jpeg

Now it’s not just about the looks with this new release offering 700 yds and a 6X zoom magnification the Pro L2 is sure to handle the demands of golfers whether for a casual round with buddies or at a competition. With features demanded by the most discerning of golfers the Pro L2 is equipped with a Slope feature that is easily turned on and off with just the slide of a button making it tournament ready in a second. With accuracy up to a yard this is sure to catch the attention of quite a few looking just for a range finder to put in the bag and never have to worry about the battery running dead with up to 5,800 measures on a single replaceable battery. The Pro L2 gives user’s confidence that their target is locked on with simple Target-lock vibration that ensures the user has hit their target.

1679353677471.jpeg

Offered in Grey or Blue at 149.99$

IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9859.jpeg
IMG_9858.jpeg
Played 18 this morning and had a chance to compare this to the Pro LX. Size wise I like the L2 and how it feels like it doesn’t swell up at the end of the hand. It definitely came in use today as it was easy to hit targets with and get adjusted yardages.

This mornings 18 was a good example of using the GPS and rangefinder in harmony. Par 5 5th is a long green that gives you typically a 2 1/2 club green depending of location. The yardages on the GPS gave me the exact front center and back of the green but with less than stellar vision and the layout of the hole didn’t allow myself to use the pin placement feature, however using the rangefinder I was able to use in combo with the bunker feature on the watch and give myself a great shot in with a 10’ putt left.

Not to be overshadowed by the Shot Scope X5’srelease Shot Scope delivers another quality option to their portfolio of Laser Rangefinder’s. Introducing the Shot Scope Pro L2 laser range finder, giving golfers a affordable option in the marketplace with the quality and name recognition they’ve come to expect with the Shot Scope brand of products.

1679353584619.jpeg

The new sleek compact design gives confidence when in use fitting nicely in the golfers hand and features a magnet to stowaway when not in use, but no fear if Mother Nature decides to bring some precipitation in the forecast as the Pro L2 comes with a waterproof case just for those occasions in addition to the water resistant design. Not only will that give the user peace of mind but so too will the 2-year warranty.

1679353613336.jpeg

Now it’s not just about the looks with this new release offering 700 yds and a 6X zoom magnification the Pro L2 is sure to handle the demands of golfers whether for a casual round with buddies or at a competition. With features demanded by the most discerning of golfers the Pro L2 is equipped with a Slope feature that is easily turned on and off with just the slide of a button making it tournament ready in a second. With accuracy up to a yard this is sure to catch the attention of quite a few looking just for a range finder to put in the bag and never have to worry about the battery running dead with up to 5,800 measures on a single replaceable battery. The Pro L2 gives user’s confidence that their target is locked on with simple Target-lock vibration that ensures the user has hit their target.

1679353677471.jpeg

Offered in Grey or Blue at 149.99$
Is this a review or a sales ad? 🤣

Is this a review or a sales ad? 🤣
Originally posted this when I started a thread, then this one got started and no point in two.

I’m pretty impressed with this thing. Cost wise it beats everything in its class.

I’m pretty impressed with this thing. Cost wise it beats everything in its class.
I think that’s the biggest takeaway competition is at least 100$ to 150$ more and this has slope at their lowest tiers price.

Agreed. Give me numbers quick and accurately. All I ask. I’ve never been too keen on dropping big $$ for a rangefinder. Personally, I’d rather allocate those dollars to other areas in golf.

The L2 does that. Quick. Accurate. Slope. Affordable. It’s a quality product. All I can ask.

I continue to be impressed with this little unit. I absolutely love having the magnet and it just being right there on the cart. Its fast and accurate as well. Today paired with the X5 was a lifesaver because the GPS on the cart was way off thanks to the greenskeeper neglecting to mark the new pins in the system.

The funny story from today...I was looking through it thinking man this looks blurry did I mess something up when I dropped it the other day? It still worked ok but the scope just wasn't clear....then I realized you could adjust the dial on the eyepiece...boy did I feel dumb haha.

Picked up the L2 a few weeks ago on sale for $100. My first rangefinder ever, as I have always used GolfShot on my phone for GPS yardages.

Loving it so far after 3 rounds using it. It's fast and accurate, all that you want in a rangefinder. Even my shaky hands can handle getting a good read.

I continue to be impressed with this little unit. I absolutely love having the magnet and it just being right there on the cart. Its fast and accurate as well. Today paired with the X5 was a lifesaver because the GPS on the cart was way off thanks to the greenskeeper neglecting to mark the new pins in the system.

The funny story from today...I was looking through it thinking man this looks blurry did I mess something up when I dropped it the other day? It still worked ok but the scope just wasn't clear....then I realized you could adjust the dial on the eyepiece...boy did I feel dumb haha.

I actually didn’t realize that it was an adjustable eyepiece but that certainly makes sense, haha. New discoveries!!

IMG_0977.jpeg
IMG_0976.jpeg
Got the pro L2 in action in league tonight with the X5. Getting some pin distances with slope using that as my minimum number. Love the compact size, magnet and sweeping pin lock. Let’s Go!

Got out with the L2 in league play last night and think this will really help my game. Before having the L2 i was taking the approach of using GPS distances my V3 (now X5) were giving me and using the Middle of the Green distance for what my course said were front pins, and Back of the green distance for everything else and selecting what I thought was the appropriate club. Now with the L2, i'm taking the slope adjusted distance to the flag along with the Back of the green distance from my X5 and selecting a club that will end up between those 2 numbers. Now this is only the first round at home doing this so obviously not proof, but the approach numbers look good from last night:
1685619592810.png
As do the GIR #'s (well maybe not good but improved for me):
1685619634563.png

Also I wanted to note that my cartner was using a Bushnell rangefinder all night, so we would compare distances here and there. At first our numbers were getting different readings, but then we figured out I was giving the slope adjusted number, and he wasn't. Once we figured that out, we were getting comparable numbers.

Used the L2 again today for my round and I really think having the slope adjusted number to the flag is helping my approach shots. For the season per Shotscope I’m hitting 42% of my approaches short. Today only 24% were short. And the last 5 rounds most with the L2 only 30% short. Really happy with this.

I have a Shot Scope Pro L2 on the way to replace my Bushnell Tour V3 (non-slope), which is 10 years old and getting a little long in the tooth. It'll be interesting to compare the two, as Bushnell makes high quality devices and I'll have a good performance baseline to work from. The two biggest upgrades I can see right off the bat on the Pro L2 are the slope function and the integrated magnet, as my Bushnell doesn't have either of those features. The Shot Scope also has 6x magnification compared to 5x on the Bushnell.

I've been using both a GPS watch (2 different Garmins and an Apple Watch) and rangefinder on the course for years, both have their advantages and I wouldn't want to be without either of them. The rangefinder comes in handy for shooting things the watch doesn't show me (doglegs, layups, hazards, how far away the group ahead of us is, etc.), and the watch is useful on blind shots where there's nothing for me to shoot with the laser. The rangefinder also comes in handy on the driving range or short game practice area, where a GPS watch is useless. I'll also use the GPS to double-check the rangefinder reading - you don't always lock onto the intended target, and a quick glance at my watch should give me numbers that reasonably agree with each other. No big deal if GPS says 143 to the middle and I'm getting a 147 laser to the pin, but if I'm getting 143 from the GPS and 189 from the laser, it's probably locking onto something like foliage behind the green and I need to re-shoot it.

Looking forward to putting the Pro L2 into play next week when I get it, I'll probably take it and the Bushnell both out for the first round to see how they compare to one another in terms of speed, accuracy and ease of target acquisition. One of my buddies has a current/new model Bushnell with slope, so I'll also compare the Pro L2's numbers with what he gets on his.

Last edited:
I have a Shot Scope Pro L2 on the way to replace my Bushnell Tour V3 (non-slope), which is 10 years old and getting a little long in the tooth. It'll be interesting to compare the two, as Bushnell makes high quality devices and I'll have a good performance baseline to work from. The two biggest upgrades I can see right off the bat on the Pro L2 are the slope function and the integrated magnet, as my Bushnell doesn't have either of those features. The Shot Scope also has 6x magnification compared to 5x on the Bushnell.

I've been using both a GPS watch (2 different Garmins and an Apple Watch) and rangefinder on the course for years, both have their advantages and I wouldn't want to be without either of them. The rangefinder comes in handy for shooting things the watch doesn't show me (doglegs, layups, hazards, how far away the group ahead of us is, etc.), and the watch is useful on blind shots where there's nothing for me to shoot with the laser. The rangefinder also comes in handy on the driving range or short game practice area, where a GPS watch is useless. I'll also use the GPS to double-check the rangefinder reading - you don't always lock onto the intended target, and a quick glance at my watch should give me numbers that reasonably agree with each other. No big deal if GPS says 143 to the middle and I'm getting a 147 laser to the pin, but if I'm getting 143 from the GPS and 189 from the laser, it's probably locking onto something like foliage behind the green and I need to re-shoot it.

Looking forward to putting the Pro L2 into play next week when I get it, I'll probably take it and the Bushnell both out for the first round to see how they compare to one another in terms of speed, accuracy and ease of target acquisition. One of my buddies has a current/new model Bushnell with slope, so I'll also compare the Pro L2's numbers with what he gets on his.

Best way to use the laser, is hold the fire button down in scan mode, it will then hit the pin really easily and quickly.

I don't think this laser is getting enough credit for how good it is. I am really enjoying having this unit, its fast and accurate and the scan feature works similarly to other units I've used. Having the magnet allows me to keep the unit right on the cart and I often shoot the flag just to compare to the distance showing on my X5 to tell me if the pin is F/M/B before even getting out. The magnet is very strong and I've had no issues with it trying to fall off the cart even driving over some rough terrain or lousy cart paths haha.

The only thing I have a very small issue with is the eyepiece seems to go out of focus pretty easily. My previous unit didn't have the adjustment so maybe its just a me not being used to it thing.

Back