Man that wedge fit app of theirs is legit. It seriously put my middle wedge need as bent to 55*, and that's exactly what I play.

I also love how it shows two options and where each wedge excels or what conditions they differ in. Ping really stepped up their wedge game this year.

So I traded in about 16 old wedges today….

Please sir, can you tell me some more?
I wanted to see what all the talk in here was about, and if it’ll actually hold up.

So, here we are.

All for about 30.00 🤣

I wanted to see what all the talk in here was about, and if it’ll actually hold up.

So, here we are.

All for about 30.00 🤣
lofts?

50, 54, and 60 as that was the only H grind they had that the fit app had recommended for me.

50, 54, and 60 as that was the only H grind they had that the fit app had recommended for me.
What finish you go with?

Just saw the E grind wedges. Really really nice. Maybe when my Edisons wear out.

Full swing 54's, that dispersion doesn't suck.

Screenshot (219).png

Okay I switched out of the Bridgestones for a bit today. I definitely think the S159 has a little different pitch to it than the SM10s. More crisp, maybe less soft. Not in a bad way. A little like JPX is to MP.

Also had a really good day with these. Couple kick in birdies on approach. Really like the clean front edge on approach.

Whatever Ping has been doing lately is working in the consistency aspect. Standard deviations on everything I’ve hit with them has been crazy good
The wedges feel really nice. I hit about 4 different current/new release golf balls of different types on the course and there is a really nice thumpy feel to them.

The wedges feel really nice. I hit about 4 different current/new release golf balls of different types on the course and there is a really nice thumpy feel to them.
I have one coming 58H but ordered with my wedge shaft of choice and the wait continues lol

I have one coming 58H but ordered with my wedge shaft of choice and the wait continues lol
The H is pretty impressive thus far.

I do still think that they’re lagging when it comes to grinds. I like the fitting app, I think it does well, but I also think that they finally have a wedge with true visual appeal to go with the performance, but more grinds could have really put them into an even better spot.

I have no doubt some won’t like me saying that, but it’s the truth.

The H is pretty impressive thus far.

I do still think that they’re lagging when it comes to grinds. I like the fitting app, I think it does well, but I also think that they finally have a wedge with true visual appeal to go with the performance, but more grinds could have really put them into an even better spot.

I have no doubt some won’t like me saying that, but it’s the truth.

Lol baby steps for Ping

Listened to the Podcast Ping does on this and it’s interesting the blasting process they doe to create the friction between the grooves.

Lol baby steps for Ping
Too true, haha.

I do think these are a pretty big jump for them, I’m a little shocked I’m as impressed as I am. Finish, function, look, they got those all right, and the shape is stellar.

Listened to the Podcast Ping does on this and it’s interesting the blasting process they doe to create the friction between the grooves.

It’s pretty crazy they have a division that studies friction lol, I’ve always wanted to tour The Proving Grounds.

1000059574.jpg

I always say I'd never need a T grind, but to just grab one out of the bag and throw that shot on it is pretty fun. Probably good in the desert or Texas hardpan.

Two of these last time out on approach. Really loving that straight front.

1000059664.jpg

IMG_1504.jpeg
Made a decision for this year. Added bounce from my previous Mizuno S23’s. Really like the look of these at address and they gapped perfectly for me.

I actually prefer the Ping Grinds over the Vokey grinds.

Back