Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

At first I thought I needed to change the swing weight as well due to it feeling to light. After hitting some long shots and barely feeling the ball, I am glad I didn't switch. It is just so smooth.

Agreed. And smooth is good!

Jrod do you think maybe that little notch is throwing you off?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I really dont know bro but my swing is a complete disaster atm. I'm going Wednesday for
my fifth lesson ever. That's how bad I am swinging.

Well as Jman predicted I am officially joining the i20 cult!!
Went down to Houston after the weekend and popped in Woodlands golf and saw the i20s for 200 bucks less than up here in Mtown. Couldn't resist, did a full fitting since they had a range right behind the store ( wow ) and got fit.

3-pw
Yellow dot
CFS S hard stepped
1/2 over

I'm stoked and can't wait till I get them!
Thanks to the testers in this thread, my search has been almost 2 years worth of demoing irons till I found the i20s and I was alway wary b/c of the lack of info on each set. Well not the case with the i20s lol.
Should have them in time for my 2 golf trips in August so should be fun.

I tap, therefore I am

Congrats on the sticks WestTex. I am sure you will enjoy them.

TapAhoy!

For some reason UPS is now a day behind and it looks like it will be Wednesday afternoon before they arrive. I'm way too impatient!

For some reason UPS is now a day behind and it looks like it will be Wednesday afternoon before they arrive. I'm way too impatient!

Expect every single person here who's been through the process knows exactly how you feel. Hang in there, you will be rewarded!!!

Expect every single person here who's been through the process knows exactly how you feel. Hang in there, you will be rewarded!!!

No doubt. I don't know a sole that didn't wait longer than expected for these sticks.

So this Wednesday I will be back at my fitter hitting the i20's unless he cancels. Time for new sticks and these bad boys I am looking at hard again.

So this Wednesday I will be back at my fitter hitting the i20's unless he cancels. Time for new sticks and these bad boys I am looking at hard again.

Fantastic! You've hit them before?

These irons as super long and so super easy to hit...especially the long irons. Coming from Mizuno blades, I loved the short irons but hated the long irons with a passion. Frankly, they scared me. Now with my i20's, I dig the short irons as much or more (so forgiving and consistent) and the long irons aren't even in the same atmosphere as my old blades...I absolutely love them. I'm almost 2 months (I think?!) deep with them, and they still never cease to amaze me.

I've stated in this thread previously that my 4 iron has become my go to tee club when the hole is shorter than 400 yards (and requires accuracy off the tee). I have been stuck in ponder mode for a long while on if I want an i20 3 iron or a 3 hybo of some kind, but the more I hit the 4 iron off the tee, the more I think I should just forget about the hybrid and get the 3 iron. The 4 is very long off the tee for me, and I can only imagine the 3 would be an absolute par 4 killer..or par 5 killer for getting on it two.

Yesterday I teed the 4 iron up on a 242 yard par 4 (yes, par 4...stupid hole, stupid course). I hit the 4 iron just wanting to see how close it would get to pin high (I knew it had a chance to make it there, if I caught it, as I've gotten 240+ out of it in the past off the tee), and it got there. By no means did I put an overly hard swing on it, just a normal full swing...and the result was fantastic.

NOTE: I played the hole as a par 3 because a 242 yard par 4 is stupid to me.

otqb15.jpg

NOTE #2: I missed the putt.

I really love these sticks. I'm excited for the guys every time I pop in here and see another guy joining the i20 club...they really are the best irons I have ever hit.

Good lord dude, that's bomber stuff. Such an effortless and smooth swing you got there buddy!

I'm with you, these irons are special.

Man, 240 with a 4i. As Hunter Mahan says, "that's filthy long." I hit mine 200 choked up the other day and was stunned. Nice swing you've got. You'll love the 3i too, especially off the tee.

Well as Jman predicted I am officially joining the i20 cult!!
Went down to Houston after the weekend and popped in Woodlands golf and saw the i20s for 200 bucks less than up here in Mtown. Couldn't resist, did a full fitting since they had a range right behind the store ( wow ) and got fit.

3-pw
Yellow dot
CFS S hard stepped
1/2 over

I'm stoked and can't wait till I get them!
Thanks to the testers in this thread, my search has been almost 2 years worth of demoing irons till I found the i20s and I was alway wary b/c of the lack of info on each set. Well not the case with the i20s lol.
Should have them in time for my 2 golf trips in August so should be fun.

I tap, therefore I am

Attaboy WT! I knew you would! I cannot wait to hear your thoughts over time.

I'm still in full on love mode with my i20's, they absolutely have changed my game.

Hart, that is crazy stuff right there dude! I think you need this 3i sitting next to me in my extras bag though buddy...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks boys, as insane as it sounds to me myself to say this...I give a lot of the credit to the i20's. I know previously with my MP37's with X100's I never hit a 4 iron 240 yard and was left generally unimpressed/unshocked by it. This is not to say I wasn't long before and just magically became long once bagging these; I've been long since I was 14 a year after I picked up the game, I am just longer with the i20's in hand.

Jman - I'd love to pick that 3 iron up off your hands, I just can't do it quite yet for a couple reasons. 1) I need to try some of the new age hybrids out, the most recent one I've hit is the one in my bag, which is an old Rescue Mid (haha, I'm serious), and 2) I think I'd have to go C Taper. For my own future reference, would you ever be willing to sell just the head? What color dot is it (out of curiosity, I can have it bent if need be)?

well I did it :) ordered them today , 4-9 -- tour-s wedges 47.50.54.58 -- 4-9 -1/2 over reg. cfs yellow dot , the wedges 1/2 over green dot cfs reg. should get them early next week can hardly wait for the call to pick them up

well I did it :) ordered them today , 4-9 -- tour-s wedges 47.50.54.58 -- 4-9 -1/2 over reg. cfs yellow dot , the wedges 1/2 over green dot cfs reg. should get them early next week can hardly wait for the call to pick them up

That is awesome, sir. Congrats! I am sure you will love them, I really don't see how anyone couldn't.

Also, welcome to THP.

Is it a sign of sickness that I'm ready to order the U, S, and L wedges and my 3-PW haven't arrived yet? After reading this thread I'm convinced I'll need them...

Tapped (probably poorly) on my Transformer Prime

Pull the trigger. I ordered the wedges and they are equally as awesome as the other clubs.

TapAhoy!

Pull the trigger. I ordered the wedges and they are equally as awesome as the other clubs.

TapAhoy!

What shafts are you playing in yours? I was fit for DG X100s in my irons. I don't know enough about the DG Spinners to know if they might be an option for me in the wedges...

Thanks boys, as insane as it sounds to me myself to say this...I give a lot of the credit to the i20's. I know previously with my MP37's with X100's I never hit a 4 iron 240 yard and was left generally unimpressed/unshocked by it. This is not to say I wasn't long before and just magically became long once bagging these; I've been long since I was 14 a year after I picked up the game, I am just longer with the i20's in hand.

Jman - I'd love to pick that 3 iron up off your hands, I just can't do it quite yet for a couple reasons. 1) I need to try some of the new age hybrids out, the most recent one I've hit is the one in my bag, which is an old Rescue Mid (haha, I'm serious), and 2) I think I'd have to go C Taper. For my own future reference, would you ever be willing to sell just the head? What color dot is it (out of curiosity, I can have it bent if need be)?

Good Lord InHart, I was bragging to my friends how I hit the green on a Par 3 200 yards with my I20 3 hybrid 20*. With this hybrid in your hands, you should hit it further than I hit my driver. If you hadn't tried the I20 hybrids yet, you should before you make a decision.

I am studing your swing and feel like I should be able to master it in only 3 years...:banana:

I have the CFS shafts in mine. Didn't think about the DGs in these and have not had any issues. I may put in a GW just to see.

I have the spinners in my Mizuno JPX wedges and absolutely love them. I wanted a forgiving wedge with a bit more spin.

TapAhoy!

Last edited:
Fantastic! You've hit them before?

About 6 moths ago when I was fit. I liked them but I did not like the head weight which is weird because I swung the standard black dot this weekend and it felt very good. I hope to see good results from the vector while hitting outside and if I like, I will order them Wednesday evening.

Mine are on truck for delivery. According to UPS they'll actually be here on time. Tough to get work done today but it will help pass the time.

Just got word that mine aren't shipping until Thursday (a week and a day after order) and will likely be delivered next week Wednesday.

That's forever from now!!! How am I going to make it through!?! Life is terrible.... :mad:

(As long as waiting for my clubs is the worst part of my life, I think I'm going to be okay.)

Back