PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

What does this mean?

• Appeasing PGA players because there is a PGA/LIV deal allowing LIV players to play on PGA.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Trying to keep PGA players from going to LIV.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Nothing

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Have X and Hovvy been voices of dissension? I don’t follow tour news too closely but I hadn’t seen them say anything disparaging.
X has been pretty vocal about the fact that Jay betrayed the players' trust and respect, and it was going to take a lot to win it back. Hovland has expressed some dissatisfaction with how the LIV/PGAT debacle has been handled, and said that Jay made mistakes and hasn't owned up to them. They're not boot-licking poster children like Spieth and JT are.

The list is missing the most dominant player in the world who’s resume is already way ahead of JT

Could be just missing, otherwise it’s a club and clear as day
Is there a complete list out there or just the 4 names that the NYP dropped in their article? I have to imagine scheffler got a nice payday too.

If I didn't have a car and paid $40,000 to buy one because I needed a car, that makes sense.

If I already had that car in my garage and it was paid off and running perfectly well, and somebody wanted me to shell out $40,000 to keep it there when it wasn't going anywhere anyways even if I didn't, that makes no sense.
That is not what we are talking about here.. Not even remotely.. LIV paid for these guys that had 300k miles on them like they were going to get another 200K... The PGA is paying for these guys like they got 200K when they maybe produced 25-100K but the got to keep the car.. That is a better analogy. Both are idiotic.

That is not what we are talking about here.. Not even remotely.. LIV paid for these guys that had 300k miles on them like they were going to get another 200K... The PGA is paying for these guys like they got 200K when they maybe produced 25-100K but the got to keep the car.. That is a better analogy. Both are idiotic.
LIV had no players and wanted big names to make a splash and draw fans. The PGAT already has big name players with established, dedicated fanbases, many of who are firm that they would never go to LIV. There's a huge difference between those two scenarios.

I have less issue with the TW money than I do with someone like Spieth. For what? Working Thursday and Fridays?
This made me laugh so hard.

LIV had no players and wanted big names to make a splash and draw fans. The PGAT already has big name players with established, dedicated fanbases, many of who are firm that they would never go to LIV. There's a huge difference between those two scenarios.
Overpaying is overpaying.. it’s not that complicated..

The PGAT idiocy never ceases to amaze me. They get an influx of cash. And, at a time when viewership is on a steady decline. Viewership translates to TV revenue. Kind of doubtful the networks are going to continue dolling out monster bucks for a diminished market. So you’d think they’d use their cash to shore up the future potential loss of revenue. No!!!! Let’s give it away to a bunch of millionaires.

Some say there’s no such thing as a coincidence. Tiger gets $100M, just after he takes a seat on the Policy Board. Is that a coincidence?

What in the world…where is my bonus for staying loyal to my company?!?!?

I think this was just to keep current players happy or something like that from jumping to LIV. However like other have said this is a dumpster fire to put the best term on it. Someone is going to be upset from this and possibly make the jump easier.

The PGA tour is like 6 months away from announcing shotgun starts and 54 hole tournaments....

I know why they are doing all of this.....it's just very funny , and you have to poke fun at them for it, because they are basically doing everything they criticized LIV for doing in their heavy-handed, beat you over the head consulting firm comments of 2022 and 2023.

"A cut is essential!"
"We've added several new elevated no-cut events"

"We only eat what we kill"
"Here's 100M to a guy who's played like 7 total rounds in the last 2 years"

"We reward performance only! We're not an exhibition tour"
"So, we're introducing this thing called the PIP"

Like , can we just get shotgun starts on the PGA tour this year and skip a few steps?

I got 4%, basically the same thing.
I get 0% every year and I’ve been here since 2007. 🤷‍♂️

in regards to these guys I get compensation for being loyal but wowzers…100 million for Tiger?!?!?

I get 0% every year and I’ve been here since 2007. 🤷‍♂️

in regards to these guys I get compensation for being loyal but wowzers…100 million for Tiger?!?!?
Spending like that, they're gonna blow through all that investors' money they got pretty quickly. Then what?

It's like somebody hands one of us $1,000,000 and we go out and buy a Lamborghini and a luxury yacht with it rather than paying off our obligations and investing some of it wisely for the future.

Making millionaires, millionairer, helps.

PGA Tour just decided to make substantial payouts to PGA Tour players for their loyalty and not going to LIV. Tiger gets 100M, Rory gets 50M, Spieth 30M, JT 30M. In total, approximately $1 billion will be split — unevenly — between 193 golfers, according to The Telegraph.

Stupidity!

I would love to be in a room when they decide who gets what. It ain't based on results, that is for damn sure. And you could argue it isn't based on popularity either.
I’ll assume it’s some combination of years, majors and other wins, maybe rankings.

They will spelled make it quantifiable though i expect very suspect. Still A big CYA in all this.

If only someone from the SSG investment group could read this thread.

We were given info on different category’s, and the dollar figures for each category awhile back on this payout. This is not really a surprise.

If only someone from the SSG investment group could read this thread.

We were given info on different category’s, and the dollar figures for each category awhile back on this payout. This is not really a surprise.
SSG looking at their investment money:

200.gif

PIP 2.0 program times 10.

Phil was right all along…..

The fact that the tour is supposedly non profit and is exempted from paying corporate income tax, yet is clearly a for profit corporate entity is bewildering. They have this kind of money to give away simply to ensure their continued "competitiveness"? An investment group thinks that somehow investing in a "nonprofit" is a wise move?
They should be taxed, just like MLB, the NFL et al...

Last edited:
I would love to be in a room when they decide who gets what. It ain't based on results, that is for damn sure. And you could argue it isn't based on popularity either.
When I saw the report on Golf Channel I was under the impression it was going to be based on results, but wasn't sure. What do you think it will be based on? I also wonder who will be making the decision of who gets what.

Back