PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

What does this mean?

• Appeasing PGA players because there is a PGA/LIV deal allowing LIV players to play on PGA.

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Trying to keep PGA players from going to LIV.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Nothing

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
It's going to be interesting to see the repercussions of these handouts. Someone's going to complain about something with that much money disparity thrown out with people.

seems like a pretty great way for liv to gobble up some more players.

how so? You said Rewarding past results instead of future projections seems silly. This is exactly what LIV did regardless of the reason.
In essence yes. But were mocked for it and called has beens that don’t care about competing because they got rich.

That would explain the results of a few of these heavy check casters though

Not even a mention of Scottie in the top dogs? The PGAT's hottest player right now?
So exciting they forgot to mention him???

In essence yes. But were mocked for it and called has beens that don’t care about competing because they got rich.

That would explain the results of a few of these heavy check casters though
I agree. I think this payout is equally as dumb if not exponentially more. But you dont get to call one dumb and one smart.

And if i’m Scheffler and not mentioned and taking home less than a bunch of guys that watched my weekend play? I’m on the phone with Norman

They should all call Greg and the Saudis and thank them for getting the PGAT to open the vault and spread the wealth.
IMG_0899.jpeg

how so? You said Rewarding past results instead of future projections seems silly. This is exactly what LIV did regardless of the reason.
Because LIV was not rewarding.....they were buying.

If you can't see the difference in a start up throwing money to get the doors open and an established tour throwing money so they don't lose people then there is nothing I can do for you.

I don't mind the payouts. But I don't get why they have already allocated half of the investment they are getting from SSG. So if they don't fix things they will burn through that money fairly quick.

But, isnt that what LIV did? Pay people to come to LIV based on their popularity on PGA?
They bought talent to start up. Of course you are going to aim high so that you are relevant right away. If they bought a bunch of Korn Ferry players or mini tour guys then they would no longer be a league.

DOJ should investigate Jay Monahan for bribery charges. :ROFLMAO:

I agree. I think this payout is equally as dumb if not exponentially more. But you dont get to call one dumb and one smart.
LIV was throwing silly money at people with names to reward them for taking a chance in the new league and potentially getting black listed from other major golf organizations/events.

This is somehow rewarding some big names for not doing that while potentially alienating others while ignoring current abilities. And also seems like another attempt to spend to fight an organization with much larger wallet.

Yes one seems smart while the other not as much.

And if i’m Scheffler and not mentioned and taking home less than a bunch of guys that watched my weekend play? I’m on the phone with Norman
If someone like him is really pissed is there something in their agreement that prevents them from taking legal action against this entirely new and possibly not fully negotiated/agreed upon payout system?

Nobody said the LIV payouts were smart. They were the cost of doing business. You can't open up a new company, league, whatever without talent. In order to poach talent that would keep them alive they needed to aim high. None of the numbers are confirmed but I am sure they are close. They bought their way into getting some quality players. If the PGAT goal is long term viability and growth then giving someone who can't play consistently and couldn't possibly go to the other league the most money by far is silly.

I think this hurts way more than helps. Just adding jealousy for the guys playing well right now. This may be more of a reason to leave.

Nobody said the LIV payouts were smart. They were the cost of doing business. You can't open up a new company, league, whatever without talent. In order to poach talent that would keep them alive they needed to aim high. None of the numbers are confirmed but I am sure they are close. They bought their way into getting some quality players. If the PGAT goal is long term viability and growth then giving someone who can't play consistently and couldn't possibly go to the other league the most money by far is silly.
Wasn’t the rumor that player who can’t play received the largest offer from LIV to jump ship? Seems reasonable to pay the guy who is pretty much solely responsible for the influx of money into the game the past 2 decades ~10% of what the rumored LIV offer was.

But, isnt that what LIV did? Pay people to come to LIV based on their popularity on PGA?
No no No.. it is "totally" different... Not the same because we dont want it to be..

Wasn’t the rumor that player who can’t play received the largest offer from LIV to jump ship? Seems reasonable to pay the guy who is pretty much solely responsible for the influx of money into the game the past 2 decades ~10% of what the rumored LIV offer was.
I think the point is that Tiger isn't going anywhere no matter what. It's not like he'd jump to LIV because the PGA Tour didn't back another dump truck full of money up to the gilded gates of his mansion.

These payments are just another popularity contest. What have Jordan Spieth or Justin Thomas done lately, besides slam a trunk lid on Friday afternoon? Xander Schauffele and Viktor Hovland are higher in the OWGR and have been playing better than both Spieth and JT, but they've both been voices of dissension and are not toeing Jay's party line, so they're not big players in the PGAT money game.

I think this hurts way more than helps. Just adding jealousy for the guys playing well right now. This may be more of a reason to leave.
Is anyone playing well besides Scheffler? Haha

The guy that is never leaving the tour? He is in the twilight of his career and is worth well over a billion dollars. If he was truly vested in the success of the PGAT he would be like why isn't Scottie getting more money? He would want to keep the Scotties, Hovlands, and others instead of giving all the money to a guy that won't play that much.

If it is just about getting a bag then they could of just done a formula based on years of service and wins. Then Tiger's bag would still be higher but at least it would be equitable across the board. Just pulling numbers out of a hat seems to just benefit a certain few.

I think the point is that Tiger isn't going anywhere no matter what. It's not like he'd jump to LIV because the PGA Tour didn't back another dump truck full of money up to the gilded gates of his mansion.

These payments are just another popularity contest. What have Jordan Spieth or Justin Thomas done lately, besides slam a trunk lid on Friday afternoon? Xander Schauffele and Viktor Hovland are higher in the OWGR and have been playing better than both Spieth and JT, but they've both been voices of dissension and are not toeing Jay's party line, so they're not big players in the PGAT money game.
Have X and Hovvy been voices of dissension? I don’t follow tour news too closely but I hadn’t seen them say anything disparaging.

No no No.. it is "totally" different... Not the same because we dont want it to be..
If I didn't have a car and paid $40,000 to buy one because I needed a car, that makes sense.

If I already had that car in my garage and it was paid off and running perfectly well, and somebody wanted me to shell out $40,000 to keep it there when it wasn't going anywhere anyways even if I didn't, that makes no sense.

The guy that is never leaving the tour? He is in the twilight of his career and is worth well over a billion dollars. If he was truly vested in the success of the PGAT he would be like why isn't Scottie getting more money? He would want to keep the Scotties, Hovlands, and others instead of giving all the money to a guy that won't play that much.

If it is just about getting a bag then they could of just done a formula based on years of service and wins. Then Tiger's bag would still be higher but at least it would be equitable across the board. Just pulling numbers out of a hat seems to just benefit a certain few.
How do we know that isn’t the formula they used to set the amounts? Numbers seem to check out for years/wins for the names we heard

How do we know that isn’t the formula they used to set the amounts? Numbers seem to check out for years/wins for the names we heard
They would be smart to say hey we used a formula so people don't get so butt hurt.

But apparently I am dumb so I am done in this thread.

The list is missing the most dominant player in the world who’s resume is already way ahead of JT

Could be just missing, otherwise it’s a club and clear as day

They would be smart to say hey we used a formula so people don't get so butt hurt.

But apparently I am dumb so I am done in this thread.
Didn’t this info get leaked? Its not like the PGAT willingly put this info out there

Back