PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

What does this mean?

• Appeasing PGA players because there is a PGA/LIV deal allowing LIV players to play on PGA.

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Trying to keep PGA players from going to LIV.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Nothing

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

CrashTestDummy

Reaction score
Handicap
4-ish
PGA Tour just decided to make substantial payouts to PGA Tour players for their loyalty and not going to LIV. Tiger gets 100M, Rory gets 50M, Spieth 30M, JT 30M. In total, approximately $1 billion will be split — unevenly — between 193 golfers, according to The Telegraph.

Wonder what kind of stipulation that check comes with...

Wonder what kind of stipulation that check comes with...
I would love to be in a room when they decide who gets what. It ain't based on results, that is for damn sure. And you could argue it isn't based on popularity either.

I would love to be in a room when they decide who gets what. It ain't based on results, that is for damn sure. And you could argue it isn't based on popularity either.
I think there are going to be some feelings hurt...

I wonder if this does more harm than good since there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind who gets what?

The tour has screwed this up every step along the way so nobody should be surprised this seems to also be a cluster F.

It's going to be interesting to see the repercussions of these handouts. Someone's going to complain about something with that much money disparity thrown out with people.

I wonder if this does more harm than good since there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind who gets what?

The tour has screwed this up every step along the way so nobody should be surprised this seems to also be a cluster F.
I think it is going to cause issues.

According to the article, it stated that it is based on career-long achievements.

"How much a player gets is determined by career-long achievements, which is why Woods is getting paid so handsomely." Telegraph.

Once the hurt feelings subside, is this the first step in bringing the two tours back together? Knowing that there had to be some sort of "penalty" for those that went to LIV, could this be the first step in getting the "merge"?

What a joke. Another PIP and popularity contest. Lets face it, tiger couldn't have played even if he did jump to liv

It's kinda crazy that Tiger gets 10% of the money and hasn't really played. I get it, him going to LIV would have been monumental.....but it's kinda weird.

I mean LIV is for the washed up has beens right? Getting money because of their name and not because they are still good anymore

PGA tour would never do that.

Today: Hold my beer!

This is just one more turd in a giant s**tstorm. Jay and his minions have screwed the dog on this every step of the way, their utter incompetence doesn't even amaze me anymore. I think it's definitely going to cause some hard feelings and even more dissension.

Feels to me like this is a scramble mode move and they are trying to keep some of the bigger names to keep from jumping ship. It really has turned into a dumpster fire over there. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the discussions

I think it 100% is going to do more harm. Maybe if it were done in some objective manner it would have been slightly better, but definitely think its going to do more harm.

Must have let Zach Johnson decide the payouts...

Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

Not even a mention of Scottie in the top dogs? The PGAT's hottest player right now?

It's kinda crazy that Tiger gets 10% of the money and hasn't really played. I get it, him going to LIV would have been monumental.....but it's kinda weird.

I mean LIV is for the washed up has beens right? Getting money because of their name and not because they are still good anymore

PGA tour would never do that.

Today: Hold my beer!
Still need him, still moves the needle. Still is the needle.

I feel this is just going to cause some more problems and definitely some feelings hurt. The PGA is just great at solutions :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What a joke. Another PIP and popularity contest. Lets face it, tiger couldn't have played even if he did jump to liv
I have less issue with the TW money than I do with someone like Spieth. For what? Working Thursday and Fridays?

It's going to be interesting to see the repercussions of these handouts. Someone's going to complain about something with that much money disparity thrown out with people.
They won’t really have a leg to stand on. A lot of guys that would complain probably didn’t even get approached by LIV or had no interest in it. It was money they didn’t have a day ago and it was money they didn’t need to be paid

This is stupid.. it makes me kinda hate all of them..

They won’t really have a leg to stand on. A lot of guys that would complain probably didn’t even get approached by LIV or had no interest in it. It was money they didn’t have a day ago and it was money they didn’t need to be paid
Doesn't stop people from complaining however. I don't disagree with you, but it's the cynic in me that people are going to complain, whether in the right or not.

I have less issue with the TW money than I do with someone like Spieth. For what? Working Thursday and Fridays?
The article also noted that they split 75 million between 36 retired players. This is completely ridiculous I’m not seeing how this does anything but feed into the growing bad feelings with the middle tier players increasing the gap between the haves on tour and the have nots.

Back