Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about Crawford signed the richest contract for an outfielder in history.

how about Crawford signed the richest contract for an outfielder in history.

I like Crawford, he is very talented. Like Ramierez on the Marlins. He can go for 25HRs and 60SB each year and hit .300+ Great pick up for the RedSox put him 3rd with Ellisby lading off Pedroia second, Gonzalez 4th, Big Papi .... scary lineup.

I like Crawford, he is very talented. Like Ramierez on the Marlins. He can go for 25HRs and 60SB each year and hit .300+ Great pick up for the RedSox put him 3rd with Ellisby lading off Pedroia second, Gonzalez 4th, Big Papi .... scary lineup.

very LH lineup. Crawford, Ellsbury, Gonzo, Ortiz, Drew.

I think Pettite is hanging them up. not sure though

he says it every year, I'll believe it when I see it. He's had a very good career if he decides to hang them up.

I dont think the Rangers need lee to get to the playoffs, but I think they need him to win in the playoffs, if that makes sense.

I used to like the Yankees when I was younger, played on a team called the Yankees for 2 years and have always liked Jeter but now that I understand what they do, I just honestly dont care for them. I will be kind of mad if say he signs with the Phillies but I will be pissed if he signs with the Yankees. I will probably lose a little respect for him but it will just make me hate the Yankees more.

Not sure if the Rangers can go to 7yrs. I think they can give him 5yr 97mill MAYBE a 6yr 117mill. Dont think they can afford to pay him 22+mill a year.

Bridges;432819[B said:
]I dont think the Rangers need lee to get to the playoffs, but I think they need him to win in the playoffs, if that makes sense.
[/B]
I used to like the Yankees when I was younger, played on a team called the Yankees for 2 years and have always liked Jeter but now that I understand what they do, I just honestly dont care for them. I will be kind of mad if say he signs with the Phillies but I will be pissed if he signs with the Yankees. I will probably lose a little respect for him but it will just make me hate the Yankees more.

Not sure if the Rangers can go to 7yrs. I think they can give him 5yr 97mill MAYBE a 6yr 117mill. Dont think they can afford to pay him 22+mill a year.

I know exactly what you mean. Hitting can get you to the playoffs but rarely does it win in the playoffs.

For people who say they would lose respect for him if he signs for the most money, wouldn't you be inclined to do the same thing? It's not like he was in Texas for 5 years and then jumped ship, he was there for 3 months. Also, if you ran a team that could spend more money than others, wouldn't you be inclined to spend that extra money? The Yankees are playing by the rules, they spend their money and then dole out a bunch of money in luxury taxes to other teams.

I know exactly what you mean. Hitting can get you to the playoffs but rarely does it win in the playoffs.

For people who say they would lose respect for him if he signs for the most money, wouldn't you be inclined to do the same thing? It's not like he was in Texas for 5 years and then jumped ship, he was there for 3 months. Also, if you ran a team that could spend more money than others, wouldn't you be inclined to spend that extra money? The Yankees are playing by the rules, they spend their money and then dole out a bunch of money in luxury taxes to other teams.

I just said a little respect, but mostly for going to the Yankees lol. Its not like I will hate him for taking more money, I understand its buisness, just more of him going to the Yankees for 140+ mill.

Look at it as a non Yankee fan. It sucks watching one team pay 130-160 mill every year for a player. It happens every season and it gets old and people are just tired of it. Sure I would like the Rangers to be able to do it each season, but making it to the world series and not paying 15+ mill a year to 6-7 players makes it a lot better for fans to enjoy.

Rangers had 1 player getting over 10 million last year. That was young at 13mill. And a total of 55mill. Yankees had 10 over 10 mill and 4 over 20mill, with a total of 206mill for all. Thats just ridiculous for one team to have 150 more million dollars to spend on salaries than another team.

I just said a little respect, but mostly for going to the Yankees lol. Its not like I will hate him for taking more money, I understand its buisness, just more of him going to the Yankees for 140+ mill.

Look at it as a non Yankee fan. It sucks watching one team pay 130-160 mill every year for a player. It happens every season and it gets old and people are just tired of it. Sure I would like the Rangers to be able to do it each season, but making it to the world series and not paying 15+ mill a year to 6-7 players makes it a lot better for fans to enjoy.

Rangers had 1 player getting over 10 million last year. That was young at 13mill. And a total of 55mill. Yankees had 10 over 10 mill and 4 over 20mill, with a total of 206mill for all. Thats just ridiculous for one team to have 150 more million dollars to spend on salaries than another team.

completely understand it from the non yankee point of view.

See its not that I dont respect him or any of them for getting the most money they can, I do the same exact thing just like anyone else when I change jobs. But its different with these guys. Were talking millions not a thousand or two. But you always here "Its not about the money" and I say BS. Its always about the money and it always has been. And when its about the money that means its about the Yankees first everyone else second. I dont like baseball contracts, ownership and how they let the small teams waste away with no money. Football players have non guaranteed contracts and a real short career. I dont blame them one bit for going all out for the huge second contract. After that its all but over for them except the few that have longer careers. I just think the whole system in baseball blows. And it seems to always point back to the Yankees.

I would love for an athlete to stand up at a press conference and say "they offered me the most money." I can't wait for that day

I would love for an athlete to stand up at a press conference and say "they offered me the most money." I can't wait for that day

Yeah that would actually be refreshing. " Look guys lets be honest, I hate New York and the people, I hate the traffic, I hate the cold but they offered me the most money so here I am." Dont think that will ever be said. Not in public at least.

Yeah that would actually be refreshing. " Look guys lets be honest, I hate New York and the people, I hate the traffic, I hate the cold but they offered me the most money so here I am." Dont think that will ever be said. Not in public at least.

It would be great. I actually wanted Carlos Beltran to say that at his Mets press conference. The only reason I wanted it with him was because Scott Boras went to the Yankees before they agreed with the Mets and offered the Yankees 1 less year and less avg salary and the Yanks said no.

It's not a perfect system, not by any means. I think the NHL has it right.

The NHL is a mess. If teams used the revenue sharing for actual free agents it would balance out a little more. The one thing I would like to see taken from the NHL and other sports is the Restricted Free Agent. It would still allow the big markets to drive up the price but it would at least give the smaller teams something to think about.

I dont hate the Yankees because they spend money, I hate them because I dont like New Yorkers. :act-up:

(^That was a joke)

Idunno adding a top 1B and a + defender with game changing speed can make a lot of difference. Their pitching is better than what they were last year. Red sox look formidable on paper

Gogo tapa

Idunno adding a top 1B and a + defender with game changing speed can make a lot of difference. Their pitching is better than what they were last year. Red sox look formidable on paper

Gogo tapa

sure do. No I wonder if they would consider shifting Crawford over to RF and have him patrol that huge piece of real estate they have in Fenway.

As a non-Yankee/Red Sox fan, and one of a team in the AL East - Orioles, it definitely gets old. The O's are generally out of it before the season even starts. But hey, I really like the moves the O's have made with Mark Reynolds and JJ Hardy. Have to hope to be like the Rays and have a couple good runs. We should be much better and hopefully take some W's away from both the Yanks and Sox, ha.

As a non-Yankee/Red Sox fan, and one of a team in the AL East - Orioles, it definitely gets old. The O's are generally out of it before the season even starts. But hey, I really like the moves the O's have made with Mark Reynolds and JJ Hardy. Have to hope to be like the Rays and have a couple good runs. We should be much better and hopefully take some W's away from both the Yanks and Sox, ha.

The Orioles have made some good moves in the last few years. It's really too bad what has happened to that franchise, Peter Angelos really stripped them down and made some bad choices with them in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Rangers make "substantial" offer to Lee in both years and money.

I will be honest signing him to a 7 year deal scares me. I wish they could get him for 5, I'd be ok if they gave him 5 @24-25mil a year. 7 years has me worried since he is already 33(might be 32 can't remember exactly which it was) I'm both nervous and excited, kinda of like your first time farting. Excited it will happen but nervous it might turn out bad. haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back