Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go with this. I'm a little over all the SEC noise. They have a great conference, don't get me wrong.. But it's 2 teams making waves. The rest make splashes or drown.

That's a pretty funny statement considering its been 4 teams that have won NC's over the past 6 years.

And UGA is starting to look like a legit contender this year, although it seems like everytime that happens they puke on themselves. I don't buy into the USCe hype, every year they are supposedly going to be great, every year they are not.

Agreed. With half of FSU hurt last year they only put up 35.

I think FSU will take it but there is always the chance that FSU's offense isn't the real deal. They haven't played anyone tough and the passing numbers were less than stellar. FSU scored a bunch of points by long runs, punt returns, etc... ways that dont normally happen against good teams. Sure they racked up tons of running yards but again, the competition was weak. Hope its a good game.

I will be surprised if the Noles don't win this one, not shocked but surprised. I think Clemson will score, just not as many as FSU.

I will be surprised if the Noles don't win this one, not shocked but surprised. I think Clemson will score, just not as many as FSU.

Agreed. FSU's competition thus far has been weak, but Clemson's D won't be much better than those they've faced already I don't think.

Agreed. FSU's competition thus far has been weak, but Clemson's D won't be much better than those they've faced already I don't think.

That's the key buddy. Is FSU as good as advertised or are they benefiting from subpar competition. That's my exact worries with bama as well.

I do love the 2012 intro video though:

That's the key buddy. Is FSU as good as advertised or are they benefiting from subpar competition. That's my exact worries with bama as well.

Yeah but Bama's played some pretty good teams. At least better than FSU has played. Alabama beat down Michigan and Arkansas. Maybe they are a bit overrated, but they're still good.

I'm still a bit skeptical about FSU's D. They're good, but I'm not sure they're best in the nation or really close to that as some are saying. I think we can put up 30 on them, especially with Sammy back and into the flow of the offense. I think it'll be about how our defense plays.

It'll be a big play game. If clemson can get a few and not turn the ball over I think they throttle FSU. Hopefully they play a lot better than their last big game.

It'll be a big play game. If clemson can get a few and not turn the ball over I think they throttle FSU. Hopefully they play a lot better than their last big game.

Yeah I would hope so, lol. I would love for us to win this weekend. I think it would give us a good chance to run the table.

Yeah but Bama's played some pretty good teams. At least better than FSU has played. Alabama beat down Michigan and Arkansas. Maybe they are a bit overrated, but they're still good.

I'm still a bit skeptical about FSU's D. They're good, but I'm not sure they're best in the nation or really close to that as some are saying. I think we can put up 30 on them, especially with Sammy back and into the flow of the offense. I think it'll be about how our defense plays.
I dont think Clemson can put up 30 on FSU. They didnt even put up 30 on Auburn. Watkins is a key player, but playing on the road at FSU will be a tough test.

I dont think Clemson can put up 30 on FSU. They didnt even put up 30 on Auburn. Watkins is a key player, but playing on the road at FSU will be a tough test.

That was still their first game and without Sammy. I think with it being the second game with Sammy and fourth overall, their offense will be in full force. I think it will be all about Ellington and Hopkins. We know Sammy and Tahj will do their thing and FSU will focus on them, but if Nuk can keep them from constantly throwing several guys on Sammy and Ellington can keep them honest, we could see a bunch of scoring.

Sooners better watch out this weekend!

2 things about this video.

1. If you are going to make a high quality video, could you not find a mask you need to tape up?
2. OU has only lost 3 games at home under Bob Stoops and his visor. Not saying K-State can't win, but it will be tough.

Please, that video is weak. K State brings the Power Towel and Willie's Chant!

[video=youtube;-A-05wPlQQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Please, that video is weak. K State brings the Power Towel and Willie's Chant!

It will be a little hard to hear 100 people do "Willie's Chant".

Like it Jman......but where was the Boz?

He's been in the previous ones, just not this one for some reason, I'm sure it was schedule related.

Its like I told you in Iowa, this one scares the bejeesus out of me, I'm not a blind fan. There are glaring issues this year and K-State is going to do what they do no matter what you throw at them.

Here's the Gorillas pre-game video. May as well have a team that's #1 represented!

That was still their first game and without Sammy. I think with it being the second game with Sammy and fourth overall, their offense will be in full force. I think it will be all about Ellington and Hopkins. We know Sammy and Tahj will do their thing and FSU will focus on them, but if Nuk can keep them from constantly throwing several guys on Sammy and Ellington can keep them honest, we could see a bunch of scoring.

Clemson put up 35 last year when Boyd and Watkins were unknowns...with a young and severely depleted FSU defence. You think they are going to put up 30 against FSU @ home with a healthy defense...now that Clemson's offense is known? Anyone that underestimates FSU's defense is crazy. They had one bad year and outside of that they have proven to be elite for the last few decades. Sure they played cupcakes but they absolutely destroyed those cupcakes. Letting in 3 points in 3 games with a shutout of Wake is impressive no matter how you slice it. Even after FSU calls off the dogs and threw in the backups for almost half of each game they still didn't let the first string of the other team get any points.

They had one bad year and outside of that they have proven to be elite for the last few decades.

Okay, I am a pretty big FSU fan, and my family is pretty involved with the college sports there, but calling FSU elite for the last few decades is kind of crazy. They havent even been relevant for over a decade if the alternative is elite.

Did anyone watch the Boise State-BYU game last night? I thought Chris Peterson was going to have a heart attack the last 3 minutes of the game. They were tryingto run the clock out and he has a receiver run out of bounds and his QB calls timeout after the next play. There seemed to be several coaching/player mistakes in that game. Why did BYU go for 2?

Did anyone watch the Boise State-BYU game last night? I thought Chris Peterson was going to have a heart attack the last 3 minutes of the game. They were tryingto run the clock out and he has a receiver run out of bounds and his QB calls timeout after the next play. There seemed to be several coaching/player mistakes in that game. Why did BYU go for 2?

The general rule in coaching has always been on the road in a hostile environment you go for the win if you aren't inherently better than your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back