Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want to go up against him either DawgDaddy!

Haha I saw that during the game and was waiting for him to snap his fingers in a z formation or his hat to fall off.

Just wondering how have the Tom Wort and the Oaklahoma Sooners started the college season??

As an Englishman I'll be interested to see how Tom develops over the coming season.

I wouldn't want to go up against him either DawgDaddy!

Haha I saw that during the game and was waiting for him to snap his fingers in a z formation or his hat to fall off.
The trooper and the big guy to the right of the screen were really enjoying it. :laughing:

I bet you guys will score about a million points on us since our defense sucks. We'll just have to outscore you, lol.

This should be interesting. Clemson has a great offense and terrible defense. FSU has a great defense and decent offense. If we go back to last year one could argue that Clemson brought it home but then on the flip side you could argue that Boyd and Watkins were relatively unknown and nearly half of FSU's starting lineup was injured and didn't play and Clemson still only won by 1 score over FSU's freshman QB.

This year Boyd and Watkins are more experienced but now they are known and have targets on their backs while FSU seems to be healthy, hungry, and fully loaded on both sides of the ball. If it comes down to Clemson's O scoring more against FSU's D than FSU against Clemson's D....I think FSU wins this one.

This should be interesting. Clemson has a great offense and terrible defense. FSU has a great defense and decent offense. If we go back to last year one could argue that Clemson brought it home but then on the flip side you could argue that Boyd and Watkins were relatively unknown and nearly half of FSU's starting lineup was injured and didn't play and Clemson still only won by 1 score over FSU's freshman QB.

This year Boyd and Watkins are more experienced but now they are known and have targets on their backs while FSU seems to be healthy, hungry, and fully loaded on both sides of the ball. If it comes down to Clemson's O scoring more against FSU's D than FSU against Clemson's D....I think FSU wins this one.

I would tend to agree with you. I'm a bit worried about this weekend. But even though Tahj and Sammy now are going to be more focused on like you said, that should open it up for our other weapons (Ellington, Hopkins).

I'm going to go out and say that we'll have to score 51 points (6 TDs, 3FGs) to win this weekend. And I'm not sure we'll be able to put up that many points even with our high-powered offense.

I would tend to agree with you. I'm a bit worried about this weekend. But even though Tahj and Sammy now are going to be more focused on like you said, that should open it up for our other weapons (Ellington, Hopkins).

I'm going to go out and say that we'll have to score 51 points (6 TDs, 3FGs) to win this weekend. And I'm not sure we'll be able to put up that many points even with our high-powered offense.
I dont see the Defense of FSU giving up 51 pts. Hell, Clemson didnt put up 51 pts on Auburn, and our Defense is weak.

I dont see the Defense of FSU giving up 51 pts. Hell, Clemson didnt put up 51 pts on Auburn, and our Defense is weak.

I know, that's why I'm worried about this weekend. If our offense goes absolutely HAM, I think it's possible because of the talent we have, but it's a very small chance. Either way I'm glad this game is this week and not at the end of the season. Get our first loss out of the way early, if it happens. If not, I think we have a decent shot at running the table.

I'm calling it now. Alabama vs LSU in the BCS title game.

I think you may be right, bro.

I dont want to be. But the loser of that game will still be top 5ish, and will more than likely run the table after that loss.

That is not a bad prediction to call

I'm calling it now. Alabama vs LSU in the BCS title game.

Happened last year. I don't see it happening again for a second year in a row, right after the two teams play each other for the SEC Championship.. For the second year in a row.

Happened last year. I don't see it happening again for a second year in a row, right after the two teams play each other for the SEC Championship.. For the second year in a row.
Alabama and LSU are both in the SEC West, and can not play each other in the SEC Championship. LSU beat Georgia last year in the SEC Champ. Game.

Alabama and LSU are both in the SEC West, and can not play each other in the SEC Championship. LSU beat Georgia last year in the SEC Champ. Game.

That could very well be the matchup again this year.

That could very well be the matchup again this year.
I think it will be. Unless Florida decided to show up and beat UGa (which they have been known to do).

Oop, brain fart. I don't know why I thought LSU was in the East. Probably because that game was much more like how the championship should be opposed to watching them play Georgia.

It'll be Alabama and TBD. Just glad it won't be USC. Hopefully not Oregon either.

I think it will be. Unless Florida decided to show up and beat UGa (which they have been known to do).

I wouldn't doubt a tough game against FL or Auburn. The game against SC in a few weeks should be a good one

Oop, brain fart. I don't know why I thought LSU was in the East. Probably because that game was much more like how the championship should be opposed to watching them play Georgia.

It'll be Alabama and TBD. Just glad it won't be USC. Hopefully not Oregon either.
I dont usually bet...anymore. But I did lay down some cash for FSU to win it all this year. Small bet before the season started, could pay big!

I dont usually bet...anymore. But I did lay down some cash for FSU to win it all this year. Small bet before the season started, could pay big!

Only games that worry me are Clemson, Miami, and FL. Not because I'm worried we can't beat them, but because we always find a way to do something absolutely stupid and blow it against them on numerous occasions.

Yep, Steve Superior certainly turned that series around. Most folks don't know that it was pretty lopsided before that. UGA still leads the series but not by much anymore, 7 games I think. I believe UGA is probably the best the east has to offer and the game against SCU in a few weeks should be a battle. UF looks to be getting it back together and could be a factor in the east this year also. As I said a couple of weeks ago, I sincerely believe it is Bama and then the rest of the SEC, LSU is good enough to give them a scare but I believe it is Bama and then the rest.

We could possibly give them a scare but that would be it, just look back to the first half against LSU in the SECCG last year, we are not quite deep enough to battle the big boys for the entire 60 minutes but we can certainly get on an impressive roll both offensively and defensively at times.

Oregon is gonna win the NC.
I just dont see it. Give an SEC defense over a month to prepare for that Offense, and it doesnt end well for the Ducks. See the 2010 Championship game or Oregon/LSU from last season.

I just dont see it. Give an SEC defense over a month to prepare for that Offense, and it doesnt end well for the Ducks. See the 2010 Championship game or Oregon/LSU from last season.

That guy they have under center now is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back