Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I was done for the night, but watching lame kitten lose made me have to come back.

My mood isn't near as bad now as it was.

I said I was done for the night, but watching lame kitten lose made me have to come back.

My mood isn't near as bad now as it was.

F Kiffen!!! Doesn't make me feel any better though. I'm rooting for a team of quitters!

Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

I'm watching the replay of today's game. Sammy looks explosive as usual. Furman is really using their TEs and RBs out of the backfield as receiving threats early. And Clemson needs to finish tackles a bit better. The Furman guys are getting an extra yard or two with a final push as they're going down.

Congrats to Stanford!

That Bama game was boring as hell.

Congrats to Stanford!

That Bama game was boring as hell.

Needless to say I enjoyed the Stanford win, really have no use for LK.

Needless to say I enjoyed the Stanford win, really have no use for LK.
Great job by Stanford last night, always good to see a team like USC go down.

I gave up on sending updates to the wife last night. Ole miss is like 0 - 15 in SEC games right now, no clue about ranked teams

I gave up on sending updates to the wife last night. Ole miss is like 0 - 15 in SEC games right now, no clue about ranked teams

I blame the bear. Still, visiting the Grove on a late fall day is well towards the top of my bucket list.

I blame the bear. Still, visiting the Grove on a late fall day is well towards the top of my bucket list.

Tailgating with fine china and chandeliers hanging from tents, its awesome. Oxford is a unique place.

Arkansas was #8, then dropped out of the polls after losing to La Monroe.

Auburn beat La Monroe.

We should be ranked now.

Haha.

Arkansas was #8, then dropped out of the polls after losing to La Monroe.

Auburn beat La Monroe.

We should be ranked now.

Haha.

You can have our spot. We didn't deserve it anyway.

Great job by Stanford last night, always good to see a team like USC go down.

Agreed, USC is an easy team to root against, a great game to watch when you don't have a dog in the fight!!!

Gorillas Score 52 Straight Points in 52-9 Win Over Bearcats

BOLIVAR, Mo. -- Top-ranked Pittsburg State scored 52 straight points to overcome sloppy field conditions and a slow start to roll to a 52-9 victory over Southwest Baptist Saturday (Sept. 15) at Plaster Stadium.

Tony Abenoja passed for 259 yards and two scores to lead the Pitt State offense, while Briceton Wilson added a pair of rushing touchdowns.

Pitt State (3-0, 3-0 MIAA) scored four times in just under five minutes between the late first quarter and early second quarter to turn a 7-7 game into a 31-7 advantage over SBU (0-3, 0-3 MIAA). The Gorillas used a Nate Dreiling interceptions to set up a short touchdown run and Graylon Sanders returned a fumble 17 yards for a score during the frenzy.

John Brown caught six passes for a game-highg 119 yards, including a 23-yard scoring grab. Andrew Castaneda added four catches for 53 yards, including a 39-yard score.

The Pitt State defense limited the Bearcats to 139 total yards in the contest. SBU compiled 66 yards on its first two drives of the game, but managed just 73 yards the rest of the way. Avery Adair recorded two quarterback sacks as the Gorillas registered five total sacks and 13 stops behind the line of scrimmage.

The Gorillas will return to Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium to host Lincoln University next Saturday (Sept. 22) at 7 p.m. for Family Day.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2012/9/15/FB_0915122435.aspx?path=football

Geaux Tigers baby! Alabama and LSU for the real national championship, yet again. Nov. 3rd, come see me.

Couldn't believe my Gators moved up to #14, but after looking at the polls and all the uncertainty outside of the Top 10, I guess it made sense. I don't think they are a Top 15 team, I just think everyone else is so damn up in the air.

We're up into the Top 10, though we have to go to Florida State this weekend. A win down in Tallahassee would be huge for us. I think we could run the table after that.

We're up into the Top 10, though we have to go to Florida State this weekend. A win down in Tallahassee would be huge for us. I think we could run the table after that.

What time is that game? I would like to watch it, but the STL tour van is this weekend.

The catch phrase "Clemsoning" isn't around for nothing.

I hope your head coach asks for a running clock at halftime we're beating you so badly. Then I hope the Clemson bus breaks down on the way back. No one gets hurt though, just really humiliated.

I hope your head coach asks for a running clock at halftime we're beating you so badly. Then I hope the Clemson bus breaks down on the way back. No one gets hurt though, just really humiliated.

As as lifelong Seminole fan, I support this message. Good to see the talent on defense is back to where it should be. Werner is just an animal.

What time is that game? I would like to watch it, but the STL tour van is this weekend.

8 PM I believe.

I bet you guys will score about a million points on us since our defense sucks. We'll just have to outscore you, lol.

I bet you guys will score about a million points on us since our defense sucks. We'll just have to outscore you, lol.

It should be a good game. I just hope EJ Manuel shows up and not who that guy was on Saturday. He was tap dancing like Peyton and then throwing garbage.

It should be a good game. I just hope EJ Manuel shows up and not who that guy was on Saturday. He was tap dancing like Peyton and then throwing garbage.

They showed the stat as the game was starting that he had something like a 68.4 completion percentage and it was the highest in team history. Then you watch him play and it's like really? Missing wide open receivers and throwing behind guys all day long and they still won by 50+.

How do you win and lose 4 spots? I know tOSU sucks and is overrated but jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back