Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom goes the dynamite. Good game ASU.

Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me. Good ol' Rocky Top. Rocky Top, Tennessee!!!

1 1/2 hours until Smokey is on the prowl!

Funny, living here in Hawai'i I don't have to wait all day for a game...it comes on at 0930 in the morning here!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

No. 25 Gorillas to Make Home Debut Saturday Against Hornets

PITTSBURG, KS — The Pittsburg State University football team returns to the friendly confines of Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium to host MIAA rival in the Gorillas home opener Saturday (Sept. 10).
Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. (CDT).

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, will celebrate "Weekend of Champions" as the school pays tribute to its 1961 NAIA National Champion, 1981 NAIA National Runner-up and 1991 NCAA Division II National Champion squads. The teams, celebrating their 50th, 30th and 20th anniversaries will be recognized during halftime activities of Saturday's game.

Pitt State, which debuted at No. 25 in the first regular season AFCA Division II Top 25 poll Monday (Sept. 5), enters Saturday's action 1-0 overall and 1-0 in MIAA play following a convincing 34-7 road win against Missouri Western on Sept 1.

Emporia State brings an 0-1 record as well as an 0-1 MIAA mark into the game after dropping a hard-fought 27-17 decision to Fort Hays State in its season opener on Sept. 1.

This will be the 92nd all-time meeting between the Gorillas and the Hornets in a series that dates all the way back to the 1915 season. The Pitt State-Emporia State series is the ninth-longest rivalry in NCAA Division II football. Pitt State holds a commanding 57-32-2 advantage in the series. The Gorillas are 27-16-1 vs. the Hornets in Pittsburg and 30-16-1 vs. the Hornets at Emporia all-time.

Pitt State is 29-5 in its last 34 meetings against Emporia State and the Gorillas have won 17 of the last 18 encounters in Pittsburg, dating back to the 1975 season.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=360978

Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me. Good ol' Rocky Top. Rocky Top, Tennessee!!!

1 1/2 hours until Smokey is on the prowl!

Funny, living here in Hawai'i I don't have to wait all day for a game...it comes on at 0930 in the morning here!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I was really excited to watch the ND and Michigan game today and put a few $$$$'s on the game, and then I find out its only on ESPN which we don't get in Canada. Thats crap, normally the ND games are on NBC now I'm just going to have to follow along online which I hate doing.

Mississippi State vs Auburn is starting to look like an upset for the Aubies.

So does Ohio st look as bad as the score would indicate?

Ps working on Saturday is bs.

So does Ohio st look as bad as the score would indicate?

Ps working on Saturday is bs.

Bauserman looks terrible how Many times has he overthrown his WR...

I have no idea why Braxton isn't getting a shot, could he do worse?

Hard to judge OSU with this patchwork of players each week.

Found out yesterday hall would miss two more via NCAA ruling- lovely...

Kentucky's now put up 21 unanswered points to take control of their game. Central Michigan put up a great fight early.

T minus twenty minutes until I get to watch some Tennessee football! Been waiting all year for this.

Looks like it's going to be another long year for WVU Fans like myself

Tap Tap Tapatalk

Bauserman looks terrible how Many times has he overthrown his WR...

I have no idea why Braxton isn't getting a shot, could he do worse?

Hard to judge OSU with this patchwork of players each week.

Found out yesterday hall would miss two more via NCAA ruling- lovely...

Figured as much. Thanks for the recap.

I was really excited to watch the ND and Michigan game today and put a few $$$$'s on the game, and then I find out its only on ESPN which we don't get in Canada. Thats crap, normally the ND games are on NBC now I'm just going to have to follow along online which I hate doing.

It is on ESPN 3 as well. Can you watch online?

UNC gonna start 2-0 woah.

I'm going to put this up now before Stanford hangs 60 on my alma mater:

@SanDiegoJosh: Duke student holding sign: "Stanford was my safety school". Hilarious.

I'm going to put this up now before Stanford hangs 60 on my alma mater:

so you went to Duke not just a fan? Nice it's a good school for sure but being a UNC fan i can't stand them lmao. At least Duke is better at golf for the most part for your sake.

Its Roll Tide time.

Tapping Roll Tide Roll all summer long!

Super stoked! What a call on the onside kick.

Last edited:
Everyone, I mean everyone counted out AUBURN against Mississippi State, Tigers win it 41-34!

Everyone, I mean everyone counted out AUBURN against Mississippi State, Tigers win it 41-34!

One heck of a finish!! Wow

Tappin' from my iPad!

I would not say everyone, but I know what you mean, I saw a portion of the game and Auburn looks better on offense than I had thought y'all would. I will say I am surprised but no where near shocked, good win for Auburn.

That waas a heck of a finish to

One heck of a finish!! Wow

Tappin' from my iPad!

I would not say everyone, but I know what you mean, I saw a portion of the game and Auburn looks better on offense than I had thought y'all would. I will say I am surprised but no where near shocked, good win for Auburn.

Not everyone, but close. Watching gameday this morning you would figure AU shouldnt even field a team today. McShay quoted a "lack of talent" and that we would lose by 30. Who came up with the game winning goal line tackle? A true FRESHMAN Cornerback.

Could be the most talent I have ever seen at AU, but very, very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back