Odyssey DART Putters

I play blades. Only thin buttery toplines for me. I shoot like 68 on bad days.

However I love the feel of the insert on this thing I just can't lag with one at all. I am bad enough with a normal putter.

I dont play blades and we are all internet golfers. I just find it distracting. Sometimes simplicity works, and although this works for some people, some people think it's not the best alignment system out there.

I'm not an internet golfer.

Why didn't you answer my question? Once you align your putt do you look at the ball or the alignment aid?

I just use the line I put on the ball, with the alignment aid on the DART and putt away. I just couldnt find a common ground with my distance control or getting handsy. I still want to turn it into a belly putter to see if that helps.

I just use the line I put on the ball, with the alignment aid on the DART and putt away. I just couldnt find a common ground with my distance control or getting handsy. I still want to turn it into a belly putter to see if that helps.

Thanks Tmex. That I can understand, but that's not saying that the alignment aid doesn't work. I just want to know why it doesn't work?

Why didn't you answer my question? Once you align your putt do you look at the ball or the alignment aid?

I look at the ball when I putt. If I looked at the putter, it probably wouldnt be the distraction.

With putters like the DART I feel you have to really trust it. I didnt when I first tried it. Once you learn to trust the alignment and get the insert/speed down it just flat out works.

I look at the ball when I putt. If I looked at the putter, it probably wouldnt be the distraction.

So you're saying that the alignment aid is distracting to you when you putt? Yet you look at the ball. Does the white line distract you on the take away or something? I don't get it b/c I don't experience this at all.

So you're saying that the alignment aid is distracting to you when you putt? Yet you look at the ball. Does the white line distract you on the take away or something? I don't get it b/c I don't experience this at all.

What are you really after here? I dont like the size of the alignment aid. I generally prefer something smaller and more simple. The size and boldness of the alignment aid is distracting to me. I never said the alignment aid sucked, I said I didnt like it. I never said it didnt work, or work well for some, I said I didnt like it.

Thanks Tmex. That I can understand, but that's not saying that the alignment aid doesn't work. I just want to know why it doesn't work?

I love the visual it provides. Line from the putter to the ball.. you line your feet and shoulders up.. BAM. Instant alignment. I can see the misses because I experience them, but like you've said I just need to experiment with the belly or fix my putting stroke.

What are you really after here? I dont like the size of the alignment aid. I generally prefer something smaller and more simple. The size and boldness of the alignment aid is distracting to me. I never said the alignment aid sucked, I said I didnt like it. I never said it didnt work, or work well for some, I said I didnt like it.

I'm not after anything. Just trying to understand. You currently roll a 2 ball. Two huge white circles on top of a Mallet. I'm trying to figure out what makes one white alignment aid more distracting than another. Don't get your panties in a bunch junior.

I have rolled all types of putters before and I really liked the way these roll but I just cant get past the design. I guess I am just simple but no denying that they roll beautifully.

I see a big difference between these two putters. Plus, one is arguably the most available belly putter on the planet.

26770-2.jpg
Odyssey_White_Ice_2-Ball_Putters.jpg

I'm not after anything. Just trying to understand. You currently roll a 2 ball. Two huge white circles on top of a Mallet. I'm trying to figure out what makes one white alignment aid more distracting than another. Don't get your panties in a bunch junior.

Ok dude, I didn't say there wasn't a difference. I just want to know what's more distracting about one over the other. I'm genuinely interested and find this fascinating.

I personally feel like the big white line is too thick for my liking, and the frame of the putter also doesnt suit my eye. It goes from dark metal to black into the diamond alignment aid. It just is a little too busy for me.

All one colour with two white dots, in my eyes, is alot less busy.

Ok dude, I didn't say there wasn't a difference. I just want to know what's more distracting about one over the other. I'm genuinely interested and find this fascinating.

I personally feel like the big white line is too thick for my liking, and the frame of the putter also doesnt suit my eye. It goes from dark metal to black into the diamond alignment aid. It just is a little too busy for me.

Thanks Junior, that makes sense. It's pretty important to be comfortable over the ball and if the DART doesn't make you comfortable then there's no sense rolling it.

I agree with Thainer on this one, havent gamed either tho....

Do you mean two dots or two balls like the two-ball putter? And you have to remember there is a lot more to the DART alignment then just a white line. Direction And Realignment Tool. Part of it is getting the direction and then realigning with the correct aim and center alignment on the face.

I was rudely awoken from my slumber after my night shift by the sound of what turned out to be the Fed Ex delivery guy with my wife's new heel shafted Dart.
When I first picked it up at a store the other day I didn't like it much at all, I prefer a blade, but after rolling a couple of dozen with it on my living room floor a today it grew on me significantly.
The weight is near enough to perfect and the thick white stripe is brilliant as an extension of the line I draw on my ball.
I'm probably going to throw it in my bag for a round in the coming weeks to see how it goes on course.
Will post a report.

My bad. I was talking about the big, white, clean balls.

Do you mean two dots or two balls like the two-ball putter? And you have to remember there is a lot more to the DART alignment then just a white line. Direction And Realignment Tool. Part of it is getting the direction and then realigning with the correct aim and center alignment on the face.

I know there is alot more to the DART technology than just the thick white line. But Im just not a fan of the way it looks.

I was rudely awoken from my slumber after my night shift by the sound of what turned out to be the Fed Ex delivery guy with my wife's new heel shafted Dart.
When I first picked it up at a store the other day I didn't like it much at all, I prefer a blade, but after rolling a couple of dozen with it on my living room floor a today it grew on me significantly.
The weight is near enough to perfect and the thick white stripe is brilliant as an extension of the line I draw on my ball.
I'm probably going to throw it in my bag for a round in the coming weeks to see how it goes on course.
Will post a report.

Haha nothing like bagging your wife's putter for a few rounds. Let us know how her putter works for you.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Just ordered the 33" mallet version. Hopefully it will be here by Thursday so I can roll it before my round with smalls on Friday

Back