Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

I’ve been doing a lot of indoor putting over the last month, because golf outdoors has not been in the cards. I am excited to reunite myself with my 7T with on course action and continue the no 3-putts! I still cannot get over how well the milled face feels.

Haven’t played in a few weeks, but took the Jailbird Mini ch and milled 6T out yesterday for 9 holes, alternating with them. I really really like the feel/feedback of the CT Tour putter shaft over the stroke lab. I definitely need some more head weight though.

Just pre-ordered one of the Ai-One #7 Broomsticks. Always been intrigued by the broomstick idea but it's so hard to find them second hand. With a discount code, figure it's worth an experiment!

Alright, so a change of shafts probably not in the cards until the putter starts acting up. Scramble this weekend and I drained five birdie putts and on my solo holes, saved a couple huge pars. Not changing a thing about this putter right now.

Long distance putts, which are my nemesis, have even been going well. Still some three putts, but I'm actually giving myself chances on the second ones instead of being woefully short. I've even gone passed the hole a couple times on long ones. That would have NEVER happened last year

The 3TS was decent this morning, especially on the longer lag putts, looking forward to the afternoon round.

Who wants one? 😬

The Jailbird is packed up and off to have a new UST Mamiya All-In shaft installed and a new grip. Absolutely excited to see what that does to the stability of the putter. Seems like a dangerous combo.

Can’t get Shotscope app to work so can’t see my stats, which is too bad because I had great round with the Ai One #1. No three putts today and it wasn’t for my lack of trying or opportunity. Had a handful of birdie putts from 50 feet plus it seemed and managed to get in for par on all of them. Had a few where I left myself 10 to 7 feet for par and made all of those putts.

I had two putts from 4 or 5 feet that moved left to right that have been giving me issues, but rolled those in with no issues. Putting the All In shaft in has totally changed the feel of this putter for me and gotten me feeling confident like I was with my Versa #1.

Just pre-ordered one of the Ai-One #7 Broomsticks. Always been intrigued by the broomstick idea but it's so hard to find them second hand. With a discount code, figure it's worth an experiment!
This sounds fun!

IMG_6681.jpegFor review, this is curing in the JB Mini CH…

A little late on this one, but the AI one insert 7S has been so far this season , LITERALLY game changing.
In a tournament last week and n the rain I shot a 97 (fully handicapped so my net score was much better) and struggled throughout.
But I ended the day with 31 putts. In a day when nothing was working this did.
All of the advertisements talk about the lag putting improvements. That was certainly the case. The 12-25 foot range became easy. I only sank one, but there weren’t ANY that didn’t get within an easy make on the next one.
The missed three footer I’m chalking up to operator error…

I know very little about the Diamana putter shaft other than seeing it as an option somewhere
Full review will be on the way soon!

My Milled T Two came up big with a birdie and par saves at my tour event yesterday. It was 100% inside 6ft. Had a few putts of 10-15 ft roll in yesterday. It definitely performed clutch. A couple putts would have won the event. You have to figure with the putter getting hotter it’s a matter of time before everything comes together.

I was missing everything right with the 3TS, then Dan and James both gave me some putting tips on Wednesday at Briggs.

I have been practicing and looking forward to getting it back on the course. I think this putter is going to work for me in time.

I may have fell in love with the 3t yesterday. I hit 5 in a row from 12 feet or so yesterday messing around with it. First time I ventured out of the Cleveland section in a while. I had hit a few really good ones with the 10.5 soft milled and then when I was leaving the putter section it caught my eye and I started rolling it. If the price tag hadn't been $449 and was more like $249 or even $299 I might have pulled the trigger.

I was missing everything right with the 3TS, then Dan and James both gave me some putting tips on Wednesday at Briggs.

I have been practicing and looking forward to getting it back on the course. I think this putter is going to work for me in time.
How did do for you on the longer putts?

My last time out with the 7T was taken with a grain of salt because the greens we were playing in were so fast and pin placements not even fair. However while I had a few 3putts this putter shined and saw me roll in a 40’ putt after it hit the lip…yes they had that hole cut on a ridge and when it lipped out it was gone. The comeback putt was dead center and I walked that baby in after I hit it. Another put I had a come backer for par after I blew it by for 10’. It was a right to left putt and hit the putt dead center and it rolled right in. This tech in the Ai-one is going to set me up for success this year on the greens!!!

One of the "bonuses" of living in a smaller city, I still haven't come across a 3TS to tempt me into puchasing one yet.

One of the Jailbirds ended up in the bag of a guy at the performance center, I swear I am not touching a Jailbird until it comes in a slant neck lol.

29, 31 and 35 putts (and 2 birdies) with the Seven S this weekend, on courses I've never played before. It might have been the only thing decent about my game the whole weekend.

I may have lost my swing this weekend, but I didn't lose the putter. That's about the only thing that continues to go right. Speed control and lines are DIALED...I know our greens aren't up to full speed yet and I may be blowing putts by at Ballyhack in a couple weeks, but right now, I'm rolling the damn rock

Back