Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

Not gonna lie. Played the front 9 with the Jailbird Mini and did not putt well at all. We had a hard rain the day before so the greens were slow but I was struggling with distance control and starting it online. Really not liking the shaft in it or the grip. Will be changing both soon to something I'm more comfortable with.

Switched back to the Triple Wide on the back and started putting much better. I'm not giving up on it yet. I love the shape and look of it. Just feel like I need some more time and adjustments. It is much hotter off the face than the 5K insert, but not in a bad way. Putts a great roll on the ball and feels great off the insert.

Look forward to spending more time with it.

1000013282.jpg

This course was so weird with bunkers that were shallow I putted out of 5 bunkers and got it to 5-6 ft. Putted from the fairway as I felt it was faster than the greens lol. If any club came up big in moments today it was the T Two milled. Couldn’t get birdie chances to drop however it came up big in the late surge from last in my worst tour start to top 5

Since putting the CT Tour shaft in the JB Mini, I’ve banked some really solid putting rounds. Lag putting has been spot on, and with the JB + TruTrack I feel like anything inside 15 feet has a chance.

I really enjoyed how the white face peeks out at address, coupled with the topline alignment on the 7 CH, to create a white t to look down on.

Not gonna lie. Played the front 9 with the Jailbird Mini and did not putt well at all. We had a hard rain the day before so the greens were slow but I was struggling with distance control and starting it online. Really not liking the shaft in it or the grip. Will be changing both soon to something I'm more comfortable with.

Switched back to the Triple Wide on the back and started putting much better. I'm not giving up on it yet. I love the shape and look of it. Just feel like I need some more time and adjustments. It is much hotter off the face than the 5K insert, but not in a bad way. Putts a great roll on the ball and feels great off the insert.

Look forward to spending more time with it.

View attachment 9257042
It’s not the easiest thing to put a new putter into play and see instant success.

Back to back 30 putt rounds...I'm in love. There was one putt today that I said "If I hit my line it's in". That was a 20 footer. Hit my line, and it was in the heart the entire way. Confidence is sky high right now

IMG_2141.jpeg
Here is a side by side of the 3TS and an Atlanta for those curious, the 3TS has a larger footprint.

I just hit the jailbird. Wow! Unfortunately it was in the wrong hand. Being a
Lefty I’m debating to start putting right hand. 😂

Bradley’s card is a roller coaster.

It’s a little thinner.
For me, that thinness is slight off putting. But in such a mallet guy, i feel more comfortable with a little junk in the trunk.

But for a blade guy that could use a mallet it’s a great gateway look.

For me, that thinness is slight off putting. But in such a mallet guy, i feel more comfortable with a little junk in the trunk.

But for a blade guy that could use a mallet it’s a great gateway look.
I’m coming from a blade, so I like it.

6T and Jailbird mini shafts have both been replaced. CT Tour shafts installed and curing for my morning round to test.

Did some putting practice yesterday at our course. I am really liking the feel and consistency of the Ai One #1. I worked mostly on tempo and rolled longer putts. I continue to be impressed with the dispersion when I miss the center of the face. I had a few that rolled out to where I would anticipate a center struck putt would end up, not an off center one.

The Ai One looks so good in the sun. Doesn't shine too bright or reflect the light.

I’ve noticed there’s not much Rossi talk in here. I parked my Scotty Squareback for the AI Rossi a little less than a month ago. In fact I’m letting my buddy borrow my Squareback as I have it setup heavier than his Golo whatever model he has and he likes the Lamkin Sinkfit grip I have on it.

I’ve fully committed to the Rossi slant neck I have. I’m still waiting on the 20 gram weights as I’m starting to think they’ll never come in so I’m just dealing with what I have. The Lamkin Sinkfit grip is on the heavy side so I took out the counterbalance weight from the shaft. I putt pretty well with it but it just doesn’t feel perfect yet. I’m resisting putting on lead tape as it’s so ugly (who knew I was so vain? lol).

I‘m mostly switching for two reasons. Even though my Squareback is a mid-mallet (and I have a Tri-Hot Doublewide too but it also has weight issue for me) I see most good players use mallets so I’m committing to one. I‘m also intoxicated for the lack of a better term with the White Hot insert, it feels so good and gives me instant feedback if I made good contact with my putt. I have noticed the AI is a little hotter than my Tri-Hot but that probably helps a lot of amateurs as not getting to the hole can be a problem from time to time even though I always try to make sure I have enough pace to go past the pin if I miss.

I read a lot about people replacing the shaft especially for the UST All-In variant. I’m not sure if it would help the feeling of balance or not but I’m happy enough with the shaft as I simply don’t know any better. I do know I love the feel, I love the shape of the head for it’s simplicity and I love my Lamkin grip so it’s just a matter of getting it to feel perfect but it still rolls plenty well enough right now as I chase that feeling.

View attachment 9257124
Here is a side by side of the 3TS and an Atlanta for those curious, the 3TS has a larger footprint.
I appreciate this side-by-side! I'm really leaning on the 3TS/Atlanta for my first ever mallet putter.

I just hit the jailbird. Wow! Unfortunately it was in the wrong hand. Being a
Lefty I’m debating to start putting right hand. 😂
Join the club! It’s fun!

I’ve noticed there’s not much Rossi talk in here. I parked my Scotty Squareback for the AI Rossi a little less than a month ago. In fact I’m letting my buddy borrow my Squareback as I have it setup heavier than his Golo whatever model he has and he likes the Lamkin Sinkfit grip I have on it.

I’ve fully committed to the Rossi slant neck I have. I’m still waiting on the 20 gram weights as I’m starting to think they’ll never come in so I’m just dealing with what I have. The Lamkin Sinkfit grip is on the heavy side so I took out the counterbalance weight from the shaft. I putt pretty well with it but it just doesn’t feel perfect yet. I’m resisting putting on lead tape as it’s so ugly (who knew I was so vain? lol).

I‘m mostly switching for two reasons. Even though my Squareback is a mid-mallet (and I have a Tri-Hot Doublewide too but it also has weight issue for me) I see most good players use mallets so I’m committing to one. I‘m also intoxicated for the lack of a better term with the White Hot insert, it feels so good and gives me instant feedback if I made good contact with my putt. I have noticed the AI is a little hotter than my Tri-Hot but that probably helps a lot of amateurs as not getting to the hole can be a problem from time to time even though I always try to make sure I have enough pace to go past the pin if I miss.

I read a lot about people replacing the shaft especially for the UST All-In variant. I’m not sure if it would help the feeling of balance or not but I’m happy enough with the shaft as I simply don’t know any better. I do know I love the feel, I love the shape of the head for it’s simplicity and I love my Lamkin grip so it’s just a matter of getting it to feel perfect but it still rolls plenty well enough right now as I chase that feeling.
I only switched the shaft because I couldn't get used to it and wanted something that gave me a more familiar feel to what I had in my Versa.

I rolled the Rossie a fair bit when I was testing the models and really liked it. Thought it was stable and put a really good roll on it. If I could get my brain to work with a mallet right now, the Rossie S would likely be the way I would go.

I only switched the shaft because I couldn't get used to it and wanted something that gave me a more familiar feel to what I had in my Versa.

I rolled the Rossie a fair bit when I was testing the models and really liked it. Thought it was stable and put a really good roll on it. If I could get my brain to work with a mallet right now, the Rossie S would likely be the way I would go.
I won a chunk of change in the hole in one pool at my club and it’s taking all of my power to resist getting an AI Doublewide or even the Anser blade as they please my eye the most when putting but I can’t keep doing this. I have so many putters at this point I’ve been giving some away to friends and a Scotty to my son lol. I’m committed to this Rossi damn it! Lol

I won a chunk of change in the hole in one pool at my club and it’s taking all of my power to resist getting an AI Doublewide or even the Anser blade as they please my eye the most when putting but I can’t keep doing this. I have so many putters at this point I’ve been giving some away to friends and a Scotty to my son lol. I’m committed to this Rossi damn it! Lol
If I start messing around with putters, then my stroke goes, and it takes a while to get it back. The Rossie has the same toe hang as the Ai One #1 and that degree toe hang suits my stroke the best. Stay committed to the Rossie if you are rolling it well.

The Rossie was my favorite going into my fitting at ECPC, I really figured that was where I was going to end up. Turned out that I putted much better with the #7 Slant Neck and it fit my eye better than the Rossie, so that was what I ended up going home with. No regrets, but I still like the Rossie shape too.

I’ll have the 3TS in the bag tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Somewhat disappointed to say that I had to jump off the Jailbird Mini train. I loved the sound and feel, and I quite liked the way it looked down by the ball too. Pace control was really good for the most part, but I was really struggling to hit my start lines. I was consistently missing right, which is a problem I never really have, so after a few rounds of that my confidence and comfort with the Jailbird just totally bottomed out.

I’m not jumping off the AI One train though, I have a Doublewide CH on its way to me which I’m really excited about. That’s a shape I love that I’ve used before and putted really well with, add in the tech in these and I really expect this putter to end up being in the bag long term.

I like changing the shaft for 2 reasons… gives the putter a better look to my eye personally.. either the KBs GPS that has a ton of different colors… or the all in which is all black… and also it gives the putter a different feel I. Which both the shafts names have completely different feels but both which I like more than the stock steel shaft

Back