Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

I am putting an ALL -IN into my DB DW, cant wait to see the difference in feel that it makes!

Glad to see the improvement!
Big difference for me and felt like it unlocked the advantage of the tech in the head.

Big difference for me and felt like it unlocked the advantage of the tech in the head.
That is great! Cant wait to hear it continue and be able to add some more feedback soon... the weather is seeming to be turning finally!

First round with the All In shaft in the Ai One #1 and it was my best putting performance of the year. I could tell I wasn’t hitting every putt in the center of the face, but it didn’t feel like the twisting of the face was minimized. I made a few that I don’t know if I deserved to make. While it‘s not exactly the same feeling, rolling the Ai One with the All In felt more similar to the Versa.

Distance control was very good and I had no issues getting the putt started on line. Plenty of feedback to know where on the face I hit it and felt confident on the shorter putts, which is key to playing my home course because there is the fear of rolling it way past on short ones. I made a 15 footer to save par on 2. It wasn’t a big breaker but it was a great start to the round to see I could get it started on line. Made a short but speedy birdie putt on 4 and 5 and made a 7 footer to save par on 9. I didn’t hit as many greens on the back, but was not far off the green so ended up putting from the fringe. Getting those putts close is not easy for me, but I managed to roll them close enough to tap it in or close enough to make the 2 or 3 footer. The round ended with making a left to right putt from 15 feet that was downhill, down grain and downwind, which had a potential 3 jack written all over it. Never mind that it was to save bogey—it was a great putt to end on.
So, if you had to describe what the main difference between the All-In and the stock shaft is, what would it be? I get that describing feel is tough, but indulge me.

I really want to put an AllIn with a 6T
First experience with the All In. Very impressed. I liked the Stroke Lab in the Versa. Just didn’t jive with the one in the Ai models.
That is great! Cant wait to hear it continue and be able to add some more feedback soon... the weather is seeming to be turning finally!
Hoping you can get out soon.
So, if you had to describe what the main difference between the All-In and the stock shaft is, what would it be? I get that describing feel is tough, but indulge me.
I’m only making this exception for you. I’ve got a better sense of where the head is and less of a gear effect or twisting of the face at impact.

The fittings I’ve done have and from lessons I’ve had, my biggest issue maintaining a consistent tempo on my stroke. I have a tendency to take it back slowly and then speed up too much going forward. Then I realize what I’m doing and the tempo gets all over the place.

When the tempo is on and it’s where it needs to be, the SL 90 worked fine. When it’s off, I struggled. The All In seems to help keep my hands quiet.

Shipping notification received for the Jailbird Mini.

Much excite

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com
So tell me why again you are moving on from the Triple Wide? You hit Danny’s right? What about it was doing it for you?

I’d love to hear this too. I think an All In is in my future this year

I’d love to hear this too. I think an All In is in my future this year
I want to look into one, but fear the slant neck is going to make it a pain.

I want to look into one, but fear the slant neck is going to make it a pain.
I believe with the retro-fit, you would be fine.

So tell me why again you are moving on from the Triple Wide? You hit Danny’s right? What about it was doing it for you?
I wouldn't say I'm moving on. I think I tried Danny's on the practice green.

Top Reasons for it:

1. I'm an idiot
2. I like new and shiny
3. I rolled it at the coolest golf shop in Evansville Indiana and it felt so good
4. I have this inkling suspicion it'll pair really freaking well with the All In Shaft.
5. I'm an idiot

Much to my surprise, I’m about to be jumping on the Jailbird Mini train too, this shape is just so much different than what I would usually gravitate towards. Tracking says it should be delivered today, and I’m legitimately more excited to get out on the course with it than I ever have been with any other putter before.

Has your new putter arrived? Have you gotten it out onto a green? First in hand impressions?

The Jailbird Mini CH continues to be a revelation for my previously mediocre putting. Nothing has changed other than the putter, but I am experiencing success on the greens and it is allowing my confidence to grow. Shot Scope had me at 1.72 strokes gained for my round yesterday against a 0 handicap benchmark. Given that I am basically a 5 index, I am thrilled.
I’ve been looking at the Jailbird Mini as well. Where do you feel this putter allowing you to see strokes gained? Are you leaving your first putt closer to the hole or making more putts?

I wouldn't say I'm moving on. I think I tried Danny's on the practice green.

Top Reasons for it:

1. I'm an idiot
2. I like new and shiny
3. I rolled it at the coolest golf shop in Evansville Indiana and it felt so good
4. I have this inkling suspicion it'll pair really freaking well with the All In Shaft.
5. I'm an idiot
Sounds like solid reasons 😂

28 putts today with the Ai-ONE 7S. No 3-putts and eight 1-putts. It sure felt nice to sink that 3 foot knee-knocker for birdie on a par 3.

All this talk about the All-In shaft is tempting just because, but I'm rolling this putter so well right now that I'm afraid to try to fix what isn't broken.

I’ve been looking at the Jailbird Mini as well. Where do you feel this putter allowing you to see strokes gained? Are you leaving your first putt closer to the hole or making more putts?
I am also working with the Jailbird Cruiser. I think that there are three areas where I am seeing improvement:

1. Distance control on lag putts;
2. Making more 4 to 7 foot putts; and
3. Confidence that I am putting the ball on my intended line.

All of this is adding up to a couple of less putts per round.

I am also working with the Jailbird Cruiser. I think that there are three areas where I am seeing improvement:

1. Distance control on lag putts;
2. Making more 4 to 7 foot putts; and
3. Confidence that I am putting the ball on my intended line.

All of this is adding up to a couple of less putts per round.
That is awesome to hear and an affirmation that I’m not the only one in this boat. For me I first started noticing more 5-10’ putts dropping. That was followed up by seeing lag putts finish past the hole, which ultimately drove confidence with the 7T DB. I’ve always been afraid of the Jailbird shape but it’s growing on me.

That is awesome to hear and an affirmation that I’m not the only one in this boat. For me I first started noticing more 5-10’ putts dropping. That was followed up by seeing lag putts finish past the hole, which ultimately drove confidence with the 7T DB. I’ve always been afraid of the Jailbird shape but it’s growing on me.
I think that once we feel like a putter is working really well, we also gain confidence, so it all kind of feeds on itself and we simply make better strokes.

28 putts today with the Ai-ONE 7S. No 3-putts and eight 1-putts. It sure felt nice to sink that 3 foot knee-knocker for birdie on a par 3.

All this talk about the All-In shaft is tempting just because, but I'm rolling this putter so well right now that I'm afraid to try to fix what isn't broken.
Heck yes.

I wouldn't mess with it since it's working so well.

I think that once we feel like a putter is working really well, we also gain confidence, so it all kind of feeds on itself and we simply make better strokes.
It has been a transformation for me for sure. I can’t wait to see where this flies and looking forward to following along with your journey.

Has your new putter arrived? Have you gotten it out onto a green? First in hand impressions?

I got it Monday evening, so I’ve been able to get a couple of 9 hole rounds in with it in addition to probably a few hundred putts on my mat. First impression was that it looks even better in hand than it does in pictures! I know it’s early but I really think that down by the ball this is the most aesthetically pleasing putter I’ve ever had. Sound/feel is really close to perfect to me too. The biggest thing that stands out so far though is just how incredibly stable it feels through the entire stroke and at impact. I had really high hopes coming in because of all the praise this line has been getting, but so far it’s managed to blow my expectations out of the water 💪🏻

I really want to put an AllIn with a 6T
This sounds like a fun combo!! Is the 6T your favorite you have rolled? or just fits your eye the best??

All I can continue to say is I really believe this is a revolutionary jump in putters, the inserts, both of them, are that damn good, and the retention of the face is insane.

Back