Northwest Golf Get together at Chambers Bay and The Home Course

I'm really bummed as it looks like I won't be making this get together. My brother reminded me that he is having hernia surgery about 3 weeks prior to the outing and although we are still going to try and golf, the rigors of walking Chambers Bay will probably be too much. He will probably need to cart it for sure. We meet up with the wives for dinner that day so the later Home Course round doesn't work either. I will keep watching this thread in case your plans change and you play a course in the morning that allows carts as we would most likely make it. For those that haven't played Chambers, you are going to love it. It truly is a unique experience. Have fun and can't wait to see some pictures. Catch ya at the next meet up.

I'm really bummed as it looks like I won't be making this get together. My brother reminded me that he is having hernia surgery about 3 weeks prior to the outing and although we are still going to try and golf, the rigors of walking Chambers Bay will probably be too much. He will probably need to cart it for sure. We meet up with the wives for dinner that day so the later Home Course round doesn't work either. I will keep watching this thread in case your plans change and you play a course in the morning that allows carts as we would most likely make it. For those that haven't played Chambers, you are going to love it. It truly is a unique experience. Have fun and can't wait to see some pictures. Catch ya at the next meet up.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it! Hope all goes well with your brothers surgery.

bump for the afternooners

Bump again :)

I just wanted to update this thread with a head count. Right now we have 9 golfers confirmed to play Chambers Bay and a couple less for the second round at The Home Course. Anyone else interested?

Sorry guys, I don't think I can swing this one, just due to other things going on. We have to do this again, and I will be in for sure.

Sorry to hear that CB. You will be missed!

I'm getting really excited about this!

Hi all...New to thread, not to board....I forgot all my info so it was easier to just re-register...I am interested in playing, and have played both courses a few times...
Just some questions and insight....Are you playing both on the same day? Chambers is a bear that will be close to if not over 5 hours on a weekend, so I would keep that in mind when scheduling the afternoon round at The Home Course...Daylight shouldn't be a problem, even with the later groups....

BTW, Mother's Day is the 8th, so pick up an extra dozen or so for the missus on the way home....

Looking forward to playing one or both of the tracks...Work depending...:-(

keith

Thanks for the feedback oblong! We should be good time wise and we would love to have you out there with us!

Just thought I would give another update! As of right now we have about 12 players confirmed! This is fantastic, I can't wait to meet all these THPer and to find out who else will be joining us!

I will respond to your email really soon. I am still up in the air with the 7th. I will let you know in the next few days. I will probably be able to find a few friends. I am from University Place where chambers is located.

If it's solid for the 7th, I will be back in the PNW from Cali by then and would love to play both courses.
COUNT ME IN !!!!

Excellent swamper! Excited to meet you!

Sounds great. I'd definitely be interested in something like this.

Just let me know if you want to go and you are in! It is going to be a great time!

I am really bummed. I have my sisters graduation that day. You guys have fun. Chambers is a great course. Till next time.

I just realized that we are less than 4 weeks away! I am getting really excited! If you are interested in going and haven't confirmed please let me know!

Bummer, I wish I had come across THP sooner in my golfing adventures. I'm fairly new to the game so I am not sure I even belong on a course like Chambers Bay, but it would be fun to find out! I already have plans that day so can't do it this time. I may work at getting out of it though! :)

Hey teeth, is there anyway we could possibly book through golf now to hook up the site.

Teeth, I should have a full foursome for the outing. I will be able to confirm in a couple of days, but if you want to lightly pencil me in for 4, I think it would be safe.

Hey teeth, is there anyway we could possibly book through golf now to hook up the site.

I would love to except the deals we are getting were worked out between myself and the courses. We are getting incredible deals because of that.

Teeth, I should have a full foursome for the outing. I will be able to confirm in a couple of days, but if you want to lightly pencil me in for 4, I think it would be safe.

AWESOME!!!

Sounds good Teeth. You getting excited about this thing? I know I am. So what are both rounds going to cost?

Sounds good Teeth. You getting excited about this thing? I know I am. So what are both rounds going to cost?

Nevermind, I just reread and saw the price. Also, if anyone wants to play at the third course that Teeth mentioned I highly suggest it! Gold Mountain Olympic course is an amazing track. They're holding this years U.S. Junior Amateur, they also held the 2006 U.S. Pub Links Championship. I guarantee you will not be dissapointed with this place, it really is a thing of beauty!! So if anyone wants to play before our outing let me know. I'm off work till May. The only week I can't play is this week. My wife is having a baby tomorrow, but this time next week she'll be begging me to get out of the house!

Nevermind, I just reread and saw the price. Also, if anyone wants to play at the third course that Teeth mentioned I highly suggest it! Gold Mountain Olympic course is an amazing track. They're holding this years U.S. Junior Amateur, they also held the 2006 U.S. Pub Links Championship. I guarantee you will not be dissapointed with this place, it really is a thing of beauty!! So if anyone wants to play before our outing let me know. I'm off work till May. The only week I can't play is this week. My wife is having a baby tomorrow, but this time next week she'll be begging me to get out of the house!

Congrats!!! Do you guys have any kids yet? That is very exciting. I am trying to get off work early enough to play the Olympic course the day before we play Chambers Bay and The Home Course, but I don't know if it will happen. I will let you know my plans either way. Congrats again on the bundle of joy!

Back