Nike VR Pro Dual-Sole Wedges

How do you feel that these compare to the VR Pro wedges that came out earlier in the year?

Skimmer. :D Though I am curious for more comparison. I've heard the VR Pros are very good, and if the dual sole works, that would be a great bonus!

Had these in the bag yesterday and they worked quite well. Very similar feeling to the VR Pro line, but you can see where the versatility is there through the sole when utilizing different club positions.

Similarly but in my early testing I would say slightly more versatile. Time will tell though.
Impressive, the dual sole has me quite intrigued, especially if it can prevent the digging/blading that many struggle with this type of wedge.

Skimmer. :D Though I am curious for more comparison. I've heard the VR Pros are very good, and if the dual sole works, that would be a great bonus!
I have a set of VR Pros in my bag now, and after putting in a bit of short game work, have gotten well adjusted to them. If the Dual Sole does what it is designed to do, I can see these wedges working well for a lot of folks.

If you guys have a chance tomorrow can we get some pics of the sole. Maybe beside the previous VrPro for comparison.

SW I did not get any pics of the wedge, sorry. But I did use the 58* offering on five occasions today, all around the greens. Now this was fresh out of the wrapper so the groves were very clean and brand new. My first shot was from behind the hole with a turtles back just in front of the hole running away from me. Tight lie with some good grass underneath. I open the wedge and played a low cut spinner that hit 4' above the pin and finished 4" above the hole. This is the shots I wanted to play and the newness of the wedge and it's technology allowed me to pull it off.
I hit on a few other occasions not taking into account the newness so I left the shots shorter than I wanted but the spin these wedges impart is pretty cool.
The clubs are head weighted with DG shaft. Nice balance and a great look. The sole makes it possible to open these clubs from various lies. But like any club if you hit it a little low on the face you don't get the best results but not round killers by any means. All in all I think Nike has put out a quality product that will make quite a few golfers happy. I hope to give these another go in the coming weeks so I can get some more really time experience.

Thanks for the update. I'll forgive you this one time for no pics.

What were your thoughts on the sole and how it would react from either a bunker or tight lie? Its probably hypothetical as you didn't mention it, but I'm curious about the playability. Also, I found the s400 to add some heft to the previous model, did you notice that on this one?

--
tapatalk

The sole reacts great on the various lies I had. All of my play was really right around the greens. I just recalled a shot I hit from a sandy wet lie below the hole over a bunker. I had to choke down all the way to grip as my back swing was impeded. After a dozen practice swings i hit a quality shot that flew the flag hit and stopped 15' behind the hole. So I played tight lies, uneven and moist sandy lies today. This was all with a 58*, this would never be my normal play from some of the lies. If,you looking for versatility this will be the ticket

Very interesting and thank you for the insight. Versatility is what I like in wedges. These sound like something I need to try out soon.

--
tapatalk

Thanks for the info, Freddie. Sounds like a solid performer so far.

Thanks for the info Tad. Sounds like a great wedge.

A lot of good info here.

Going to be a tough decision come spring. So many new wedges have come/coming out.

SW I did not get any pics of the wedge, sorry. But I did use the 58* offering on five occasions today, all around the greens. Now this was fresh out of the wrapper so the groves were very clean and brand new. My first shot was from behind the hole with a turtles back just in front of the hole running away from me. Tight lie with some good grass underneath. I open the wedge and played a low cut spinner that hit 4' above the pin and finished 4" above the hole. This is the shots I wanted to play and the newness of the wedge and it's technology allowed me to pull it off.
I hit on a few other occasions not taking into account the newness so I left the shots shorter than I wanted but the spin these wedges impart is pretty cool.
The clubs are head weighted with DG shaft. Nice balance and a great look. The sole makes it possible to open these clubs from various lies. But like any club if you hit it a little low on the face you don't get the best results but not round killers by any means. All in all I think Nike has put out a quality product that will make quite a few golfers happy. I hope to give these another go in the coming weeks so I can get some more really time experience.

Tadashi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Question-what is the degree of bounce on the 58 you used?

Tadashi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Question-what is the degree of bounce on the 58 you used?

14* was the number but that will fluctuate depending on the position of the blade at address. To be honest I just had to ask because I really never looked. As I said in my write up I played it from tight, uneven and wet soggy sandy lies yesterday with some great results. Don't let the voice steer you away....

14* was the number but that will fluctuate depending on the position of the blade at address. To be honest I just had to ask because I really never looked. As I said in my write up I played it from tight, uneven and wet soggy sandy lies yesterday with some great results. Don't let the voice steer you away....

Thanks for the follow up, Tadashi. Definitely want to hit these. Nike does pretty well w/lefty offerings...hope this is one of them.

Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts Tad, man alive these wedges are nice looking...well maybe it's the pics but I love the look!

Nike VR Pro DS

Nike VR Pro DS

Awesome shots of this wedge and some good feedback on the performance. Saw one the other day at a local golf store and really like the platinum finish look, which might have less glare than the satin model. I have been using Nike Vr Pro wedges for about 6 months, 54 and 60, really like them, and am debating on a 60 degree DS model to see if it might be more versatile than the 60.10. The courses I mostly play on tend to be soft turf most of the time, with sand ranging from hard packed to fairly soft, it would probably be a good test of the clubs versatility. It would be interesting to know how this sole compares to the Scorgolf (Eidolon) V sole, which seems to be a really good design.

Awesome shots of this wedge and some good feedback on the performance. Saw one the other day at a local golf store and really like the platinum finish look, which might have less glare than the satin model. I have been using Nike Vr Pro wedges for about 6 months, 54 and 60, really like them, and am debating on a 60 degree DS model to see if it might be more versatile than the 60.10. The courses I mostly play on tend to be soft turf most of the time, with sand ranging from hard packed to fairly soft, it would probably be a good test of the clubs versatility. It would be interesting to know how this sole compares to the Scorgolf (Eidolon) V sole, which seems to be a really good design.

Yeah I think I'm with you in the range of conditions we face in the PNW. Half the year you have super-soft fairways & hard packed sand while in the summer you can get just the opposite.

BTW, that is some serious lurking you have done lewisgl. Join Date: Jan 2010 and this is your 1st post. Welcome to the party!!

Hey Damaikis.....I believe you play lefty......if that's the case , WE are S.O.L......dual sole VR pros are righty only.......I went back and got a v rev that has same grind.....I'll report back my findings...

Hey Damaikis.....I believe you play lefty......if that's the case , WE are S.O.L......dual sole VR pros are righty only.......I went back and got a v rev that has same grind.....I'll report back my findings...

Cool, and that's too bad because I would have loved to give these a look at the least.

Yeah I think I'm with you in the range of conditions we face in the PNW. Half the year you have super-soft fairways & hard packed sand while in the summer you can get just the opposite.

BTW, that is some serious lurking you have done lewisgl. Join Date: Jan 2010 and this is your 1st post. Welcome to the party!!

Thank you. It took me awhile to get back to the site and get that first post in there. Hopefully more to follow. Hopefully will see more feedback on the this Nike VR Pro DS wedge. It seems to be fairly easy to hit but I need to practice with it some more to get a better idea.

You have some very nice golf courses in the Portland area.

I recently had a Spinner put in my 56* and I am now loving this wedge. I liked it at first, but I didn't get much feel on chips and pitches through the S400 shaft.

The Dual Sole works as advertised, and you can perform any type of shot with it. It's going to be put through its paces this summer off of every lie and I know it will perform.

Best of all it looks great at address, and in the bag.

I know I am reviving an old thread, but curious if anyone is gaming the VR Pro Dual-Sole?

I know I am reviving an old thread, but curious if anyone is gaming the VR Pro Dual-Sole?

I am, and I like it. I changed out the S400 shaft but she has treated me well. I have no problem opening it up and getting out of the sand, and I make great contact off the tight lies we have right now.

Is it just me or do they have more grooves than most other wedges

Back