Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver

Finally got to see the Machspeed 10.5 regular going to try and play a few holes with it after work today. The toe is up in the air and it is really small compare to the sumo2 real compact and looks like the face is smaller to. It sure is different looking but thats ok long as it performs. Guess factory setting is neutral upright got to get my book out and see. Let you know later how I hit it.

Well?

I've anxiously been waiting for a first-hand review of this. I swung a few at the store, but found others that fit me better. For some odd reason, I want to like this driver.

Also curious to know if the other neutral setting does anything for the toe-up issue.

I still haven't had a chance to demo this be busy at work and weatehr is nice driving me crazy. By just changing settings at the house, with opening the face seems to help lowering the toe. I'm sorry don't have much information right now but I will shortly.

I received my MachSpeed yesterday and got a chance to take it to the range today. First a bit about me and my (lack of) swing: I am about an 18hc who stuggles on the green and off the tee. I have always been a very low launching driver and therefore played with high loft drivers. My drives tend to slice and as a result I only tend to drive the ball ~210 or so. In contrast, I hit my 3 hybrid (21*) pretty straight about 195-200 off the tee. To further complicate matters, I have been working on a stack and tilt swing which has really helped my iron play but hurt my play off the tee as I am not hitting up on the ball now. SO, all that to say I orded a MachSpeed cut down to 44.25" with the HL loft. I closed the head 2* which added 2* of loft as well. I essentially have a 3wood loft with driver shaft and 460cc head. Now, on to my experience.

After about 40 swings with this club, I am very happy. The extra loft allows me to get the ball up in the air and get the carry I had been missing. Closing the face seemed to help out my slice (now straight to 10yd fade). The head really does not seem to be a 460cc head. I have no problems with square drivers but this club really fits my eye well. This is my first adjustable driver and I like the prospect of being able to open the face as I get better. The sound was distinct, but again, I was not bothered by it. While I know it was just one day on the range, and replicating the results on the course is different, I'm glad I spent the money on this driver. If nothing else, I have a little confidence standing over the ball.

I hope none of you cringe at taking a great club and making it a hacker's version (HL & 44.25" shaft) but it works for me. I really like the shape of the head the the ability to adjust the club as I (hopefully) improve. I can post some pictures if you like. I can do a side-by-side with an R7425 or Cobra Speed LD. Sorry this is not a super comprehensive review, like I said, I'm a hacker. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Sorry this is not a super comprehensive review, like I said, I'm a hacker. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Great info and so glad it is working for you. You will fit in great here, we are not a place that bases information on skill level. Glad you found something that worked.

Hey guys, new to this site but seems like a great community. Just wanted to give a few of my experiences with the machspeed. I purchased one off of ebay about a week ago because I found a great deal and was curious about how a new, square driver would compare to my '07 burner. I wish I had tested it first, but the closest place that I could do that is about 2 hours from where I live. Unfortunately, the results haven't been too thrilling. When I hit it square at the range today, it flew about 275 - 280, but went extremely too high (I will avoid using the word "balloon" as I'm not sure exactly how high it needs to fly to deserve that nasty little honor). When I missed, it was usually a fade to slice. I'm not sure if that has to do with my swing or with the club, but either way I don't seem to experience that with my burner. I was tested about a year ago and registered a swing speed of about 115 (tested at Dick's Sporting Goods, so not sure exactly how accurate or inaccurate that measurement is), but I have been just fine for the most part using the stock stiff shaft that came with my burner. I am going to try hitting it a few more times but if I can't get the height down I may sell and stick with what I have been using for a couple years. I just didn't find it near as forgiving or find the adjustability and distance added (about 10 yards on a good shot) to be worth taking my burner out of my bag when I know I can hit a solid 270-275 yard draw with it.

After a little more work, I have discovered that I can hit this driver, but it requires a few changes to my swing.

- With my TM Burner, I setup back from the ball a little more than some. This puts more bend in my knees, makes me sit my butt down a little more, and helps guarantee that my swing is on a more level plane and not so upright.

- Because the machspeed has a more upright lie angle, I have to setup closer to the ball in order to hit it well. I'm not too consistent with that swing yet, but the combination of a closer setup and moving the ball back in my stance a little bit helped me to hit it pretty straight this afternoon.

My question is, does a closer setup and moving the ball back in my stance cause a loss in distance? I noticed the ball wasn't traveling much if any farther than my TM burner when comparing side by side so I am trying to judge if it's worth it to keep the driver or better to use what I have.

Last edited:
someone had recently asked for some info on this driver so here ya go

Back