Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver

I hit the machspeed about 3 or 4 yards farther. Keep in mind that was with the stiff shaft. The MS was straighter overall. However, I still felt more confortable with my Nike driver but that may have been b/c of the familarity with it. I too, am interested to see how it compares when hitting a regular shaft. The Machspeed felt a bit heavier also...not sure if the stiff shaft played any role in that. I hope to get to out to hit it tomorrow morning and will report back.

The 75 bucks is nice. Price tag on the Machspeed was 299.

For what it's worth, I've owned a titleist 975j, big Bertha, SQ2 Sumo Squared 5900, and 09 burner in that order.

I liked the 5900 but started ballooning balls and switched to the 09 Burner which I love. However, good reviews, JB saying he liked the Machspeed over the VR, NikeGolf liking it, and me being drawn to new equipment makes me want it!!!

Plus like I said, $75 toward a new hybrid or whatever you like is a nice deal.

Make it to our FL outing and you can try it yourself...hehe. We will have it there.

Make it to our FL outing and you can try it yourself...hehe. We will have it there.

Haha, I wish I could JB. I imagine it's gonna be a blast. I'll go if you pay for it!

Tried the Machspeed with a regular flex today and was hitting about 8 yards more than with my 2009 Square Head Dymo Str8t Fit. My SS was probably 3 miles faster with the MS than with current driver today. The MS driver certainly keeps the ball in the fairway and the added distance was nice. The sound still did not resonate positively with me, but once again I was a hitting bay and that may have affected my hearing. I still prefer the sound of my current driver.

Is it worth buying the Machspeed for the additional distance? For me, I would have to say not at this time. I plan on sticking with my current driver for the remainder of the year and will revisit next year. My driver is last years model, but still fairly current and I still need to master the big stick a bit more before changing up. Hopefully, I will become more consistent with it this year.

The Machspeed is very good stick and will be a great seller for Nike.

Tried the Machspeed with a regular flex today and was hitting about 8 yards more than with my 2009 Square Head Dymo Str8t Fit. My SS was probably 3 miles faster with the MS than with current driver today. The MS driver certainly keeps the ball in the fairway and the added distance was nice. The sound still did not resonate positively with me, but once again I was a hitting bay and that may have affected my hearing. I still prefer the sound of my current driver.

Is it worth buying the Machspeed for the additional distance? For me, I would have to say not at this time. I plan on sticking with my current driver for the remainder of the year and will revisit next year. My driver is last years model, but still fairly current and I still need to master the big stick a bit more before changing up. Hopefully, I will become more consistent with it this year.

The Machspeed is very good stick and will be a great seller for Nike.

Thanks for your feedback Keith!

Haha, I wish I could JB. I imagine it's gonna be a blast. I'll go if you pay for it!

You could always driver....hehe

Back on topic, it is a solid driver. It would not go into my bag full time I dont think, but it is definitely a very solid driver. More testing is coming this week, so we will see.

they just got the MS in at my local range.

was going to try it along with the burner superfast but they had a callaway demo day there and the bays were pretty busy so i didnt stay long.

plus i dont think i want to tempt myself with any more new equipment..:(

i'm currently hitting the cleveland hibore xls monster and was wondering how the machspeed compares to this club distance wise and as far as the overall forgiveness/being easy to hit.

i'm currently hitting the cleveland hibore xls monster and was wondering how the machspeed compares to this club distance wise and as far as the overall forgiveness/being easy to hit.

I found the Monster one of the most forgiving drivers of 2009. As did our testers. And if you can tolerate the sound, it is a real winner. You can read our review of it here.

The Hackers Paradise Cleveland Monster Review

The MachSpeed is a solid driver and is definitely a few yards longer off the tee distance wise than that of the Monster for me. But I do not think it was as forgiving.

I found the Monster one of the most forgiving drivers of 2009. As did our testers. And if you can tolerate the sound, it is a real winner. You can read our review of it here.

The Hackers Paradise Cleveland Monster Review

The MachSpeed is a solid driver and is definitely a few yards longer off the tee distance wise than that of the Monster for me. But I do not think it was as forgiving.

thanks for the info jb

I played the Machspeed vs the Superfast today, overall the SF was longer and more forgiving. The Machspeed wanted to balloon and favored the left side. The SF had a more piercing ballflight and favored a power fade. The results between the 2 clubs couldn't have been more diverse, granted the shafts are different and I understand the implications of the difference.

Uh oh... Machspeed associated with the word balloon is bad news for me

I played the Machspeed vs the Superfast today, overall the SF was longer and more forgiving. The Machspeed wanted to balloon and favored the left side. The SF had a more piercing ballflight and favored a power fade. The results between the 2 clubs couldn't have been more diverse, granted the shafts are different and I understand the implications of the difference.

Uh oh... Machspeed associated with the word balloon is bad news for me

Not a single tester of ours had any real issues with that. Apparently it does happen to some though.

Question for NoLine. Could the ballooning be attributed to a swing flaw and the lighter club helped you get to the ball at impact more square?

The superfast and supertri are said to be high launch high spin drivers. So what is the Machspeed considered?

High launch and high spin.

High launch and high spin.

Goodness gracious, is every new driver coming out high launch high spin?

My 09 Burner might be the last of it's kind, haha.

Is a different shaft enought to counter that high launch high spin make up?

Goodness gracious, is every new driver coming out high launch high spin?

My 09 Burner might be the last of it's kind, haha.

Is a different shaft enought to counter that high launch high spin make up?

Absolutely. There are quite a few low spin drivers as well. Check out the Bridgestone J38 review we just did.

But dont get caught up too much into it. Find a head and a shaft that take you to optimal and you will be happy for quite some time.

Absolutely. There are quite a few low spin drivers as well. Check out the Bridgestone J38 review we just did.

But dont get caught up too much into it. Find a head and a shaft that take you to optimal and you will be happy for quite some time.

Are you saying don't get too caught up in the phrase "high launch high spin?" as in, even though the say that, the right shaft could bring down the flight of say a supertri, superfast, or machspeed?

I'll be honest, I'm partial to TM and Nike.

I would pick the club that feels good at impact, you like the look and sound, and like the price. Then find the perfect shaft for you. You can find the optimal spin and launch with most heads and the right shaft.

Not a single tester of ours had any real issues with that. Apparently it does happen to some though.

Question for NoLine. Could the ballooning be attributed to a swing flaw and the lighter club helped you get to the ball at impact more square?

Possibly, my swing is homespun but works for me. My only comment would be that squaring the club hasn't been something I struggle with, though your thought that it's happening sooner with this head could be the reason. I'm going to try it out some more, change the settings, and hopefully strip off the winter garb to see how it really performs.

Possibly, my swing is homespun but works for me. My only comment would be that squaring the club hasn't been something I struggle with, though your thought that it's happening sooner with this head could be the reason. I'm going to try it out some more, change the settings, and hopefully strip off the winter garb to see how it really performs.

I look forward to your feedback quite a bit.

What are you all's opinion on the Machspeed shaft didn't realize it was 55 grams. How does it feel?

What are you all's opinion on the Machspeed shaft didn't realize it was 55 grams. How does it feel?

The shaft was decently light but it wasn't too bad. If you like the 5900 you will see a huge difference in my opinion. The Machspeed is hot, but I'm not even sure if I can hit it because I had a terrible day the day I tried it. Actually, I couldn't have hit much of any driver that day :banghead:

Finally got to see the Machspeed 10.5 regular going to try and play a few holes with it after work today. The toe is up in the air and it is really small compare to the sumo2 real compact and looks like the face is smaller to. It sure is different looking but thats ok long as it performs. Guess factory setting is neutral upright got to get my book out and see. Let you know later how I hit it.

Back