Nike Method Core Drone Putter

How was the "c0ncept" one teeth? cuz I really think I might buy it for its name.
I'm a little interested in the Nike Concept too. Played around with the Drone, but haven't seen a Concept yet (other than pictures).

Well, headed out today with my son and my dad for a quick 9. Went straight from the car to the first tee - no practice on the putting green.

Was it magic? No. Still ended up with about the same number of putts as I typically have.

Started out with the putter in the belly button and using my typical right hand low grip. Played this way for about 7 holes. The results were:

- Everything was dead online
- Putts within 15 feet were consistently 3-8 inches short of getting to the hole
- Putts over 35 feet got to about 4 feet on average while still online

On the 8th green, I decided to go left hand low and:

- Immediately drained a nice little 11 footer
- Went to 9 and left a 40 footer 3 feet short but then made that for par

Alignment is an absolute breeze and very easy to maintain throughout the stroke.
Distance control is definitely a bit more challenging and I need to make a concerted effort to run the putts within 15 feet about 2 feet past the hole.
Tomorrow we are playing 18 and I plan on not anchoring the putter for the longer putts. I think that I can get a better feel for the pace and still have the alignment success.
Left hand low feels very awkward for me but I am learning to trust the results even though it feels like I will pull the putt left.

Very much a work in progress but day 1 results are promising. More to come.

So cookie I know you bought a belly putter prior to the Drone belly. Are you used to this style of putting or are you growing into it?

So cookie I know you bought a belly putter prior to the Drone belly. Are you used to this style of putting or are you growing into it?

Growing? Heck no, this is infancy stage. Almost bought the Heavy but then opted for this one. Besides rolling a belly for 20-30 putts in a store today was my first experience with one.

WWASD???

Your speed troubles sound very similar to mine. In fact, almost spot-on. Interesting to hear about you going cross-hand, I never thought of that. On thing that I did find that helped a bit (especially on long putts) was to move my whole grip down so I was bent over a bit more. It stopped me from "breaking" my front wrist on the follow through if that makes sense. Really helped with speed on long putts. Thanks for the update Cookie!

Man that putter is purdy. Just wish I could roll it at Golfsmith...no LH available in store. Perhaps it's a good thing....just got the Ghost Spider a couple months ago and love it....but wow, that putter felt great in hand, even if it was RH. Sigh.

Nice info Cookie, having rolled the Drone belly putter in Golfsmith a few times now, I see why you like it.

Quick question, on the longer putts, do you think you should "un-anchor" it, in hopes that it would provide better feel for the distance?

Nice info Cookie, having rolled the Drone belly putter in Golfsmith a few times now, I see why you like it.

Quick question, on the longer putts, do you think you should "un-anchor" it, in hopes that it would provide better feel for the distance?

Regarding the "un-anchor", yes I am. I actually mentioned that about 3 or 4 lines from the end of my babbling above. A guy at my club rolls the belly and I was talking to him a few weeks ago and he mentioned that he does not anchor on the longer putts. I am trying that tomorrow on the 20 feet or so longer and have a feeling it will improve that distance control.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Regarding the "un-anchor", yes I am. I actually mentioned that about 3 or 4 lines from the end of my babbling above. A guy at my club rolls the belly and I was talking to him a few weeks ago and he mentioned that he does not anchor on the longer putts. I am trying that tomorrow on the 20 feet or so longer and have a feeling it will improve that distance control.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Wow, completely missed that part of your thread. Sorry about that.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm interested to hear how it goes. How long is your putter? What's the weight? Are you going to grip it up higher than normal so you don't have to anchor?

I'm just very curious because I tried that, and I found that I had to grip it up higher than normal, and because of that and the greater weight, the weighting was thrown off and I wasn't having much success. I look forward to hearing how you do!

I'm interested to hear how it goes. How long is your putter? What's the weight? Are you going to grip it up higher than normal so you don't have to anchor?

I'm just very curious because I tried that, and I found that I had to grip it up higher than normal, and because of that and the greater weight, the weighting was thrown off and I wasn't having much success. I look forward to hearing how you do!

I will definitely let you know. I am still very much playing with where to grip it. It is 43 inches but not sure of weight offhand.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I will definitely let you know. I am still very much playing with where to grip it. It is 43 inches but not sure of weight offhand.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks!

Mid round update after 9:

I am in LOVE!

No 3 putts
Made everything within 10 feet
Drained birdies of 18 & 21 feet

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I am in LOVE!

No 3 putts

Tappin' from the iPhone!
Impressive Cookie, adjusting nicely to the belly! Good work.

I am in LOVE!

No 3 putts

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Way to go bud! I hope it keeps up!

Good work Cookie. Can't wait to hear more about this putter. Hopefully I get to see it in person this week while I'm home for thanksgiving.

Nice to hear cookie, the putter is the shiznitz. Can't wait to put it in my bag

It better sound good because that thing is hideous.

Being able to anchor has to be nice. Very tempting.

Tapatalk

Thanks guys!!

Mrbrian - yes, it has a great sound at impact.

Let's see how we summarize today. Let's get started:

16 putts each 9
No 3 putts
Lag putting was phenomenal - ZERO issues
Birdies of 18 & 21 feet ran in on the front
Another 3 putts in the 9-13 feet range dropped for par

I did finally have a few hiccups on 16 & 17. Played a 5 footer straight and hit it perfectly I thought and it broke right at the end: misread. 7 footer uphill on 17 for bogey and I leave it 1 revolution short (can be seen in upcoming video HOTD postings).

Thoughts:

Phenomenally easy to get aligned and holds the line VERY well. This new groove they are using on the face is the epitome of forward roll. There is no bounce then forward roll. Immediate forward roll upon impact which is a great feeling.

I had about 15 minutes on the green before the round started and got comfortable very quickly. Decided to go with using the putter anchored at all times using my standard grip (right hand low). I basically just said that I would use it like a normal putter but just happen to have it anchored. Very excited about the way things went today.

In addition to the above, I burned the edge on 2 other birdie putts - cant wait to get back out there Friday for another 18. Good things happening in my game right now.

If anyone has any questions or wants photos/video, please dont hesitate to ask - more than happy to help!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie is this an average day putting for you or an improvement? Do you have an understanding on what needs fixing, if anything? What are your expectations now with your putting with the belly?

Thanks guys!!

Mrbrian - yes, it has a great sound at impact.

Let's see how we summarize today. Let's get started:

16 putts each 9
No 3 putts
Lag putting was phenomenal - ZERO issues
Birdies of 18 & 21 feet ran in on the front
Another 3 putts in the 9-13 feet range dropped for par

I did finally have a few hiccups on 16 & 17. Played a 5 footer straight and hit it perfectly I thought and it broke right at the end: misread. 7 footer uphill on 17 for bogey and I leave it 1 revolution short (can be seen in upcoming video HOTD postings).

Thoughts:

Phenomenally easy to get aligned and holds the line VERY well. This new groove they are using on the face is the epitome of forward roll. There is no bounce then forward roll. Immediate forward roll upon impact which is a great feeling.

I had about 15 minutes on the green before the round started and got comfortable very quickly. Decided to go with using the putter anchored at all times using my standard grip (right hand low). I basically just said that I would use it like a normal putter but just happen to have it anchored. Very excited about the way things went today.

In addition to the above, I burned the edge on 2 other birdie putts - cant wait to get back out there Friday for another 18. Good things happening in my game right now.

If anyone has any questions or wants photos/video, please dont hesitate to ask - more than happy to help!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Frank - 32 putts is average for me but dropping putts regardless of what score they are for from more than 15 feet is not.

PPR stat can be misleading if someone is missing a ton of greens and chipping to 5 feet and one putting all day so I don't put a ton of weight on that stat. Here are my goals:

ZERO 3 putts
Make everything within 15 feet (while not realistic I need to make more than I do now)

My issue that I was experiencing prior to this was just not making the putts within 15 feet that I expected to. I am hoping that the belly putter provides more repetitive stabilization of the stroke in that range. I had a bad tendency to let the putter head drift through the stroke and I think the combo of a belly putter and heavier head will help to mitigate that issue. So far, so good. I am adapting quickly i think and I like it....alot!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Solid putting Cookie, thanks for sharing. What do you think of the headcover? Looking at the pic it looks kind of ugly. I haven't seen it in person though, so hard to tell. Thoughts?

Solid putting Cookie, thanks for sharing. What do you think of the headcover? Looking at the pic it looks kind of ugly. I haven't seen it in person though, so hard to tell. Thoughts?

Guess it really does not bother me personally. I leave it off during the round since I have a putter well and it does not get touched by other clubs while walking.

One thing I don't like about it is Velcro. That's just not a good idea as it naturally wears with time but not using it on every hole probably helps.

Worst part: I CAN'T use my THP headcover - that SUCKS!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Back