Nike Method Core Drone Putter

I'm getting the 34" version for christmas from the wife. Hopefully it will arrive prior and can game it.

I see what the hype is now. Although it is not hype - it is the real deal. Rolled this today in the 35" model and was just about draining everything (and no, it's not the practice green at PGA SS or GolfSmith because I was not getting the same results with other putters). The sound is unlike any other but more than that is that this thing is just so smooth to roll. Seems to want to stay square and on a nice consistent stroke path.

All they had was the 35" model so I will be ordering the 43" and it could be the beginning of something very special.

I see what the hype is now. Although it is not hype - it is the real deal. Rolled this today in the 35" model and was just about draining everything (and no, it's not the practice green at PGA SS or GolfSmith because I was not getting the same results with other putters). The sound is unlike any other but more than that is that this thing is just so smooth to roll. Seems to want to stay square and on a nice consistent stroke path.

All they had was the 35" model so I will be ordering the 43" and it could be the beginning of something very special.
Does Mrs. Cookie know about this???? Congrats on the new flat stick. Haven't rolled it too many times, but I did like what I saw, just too dang big for my eyes! Cool man!

Does Mrs. Cookie know about this???? Congrats on the new flat stick. Haven't rolled it too many times, but I did like what I saw, just too dang big for my eyes! Cool man!

Ha - yes, she does and she fully supports my happiness and desire to make more putts! :D

Thats awesome Cookie, hurry up and get it so you can post up some pictures. :D

Pics will be posted when it arrives. Very hard to find in stock and Nike already has them on back order for a month but alas I did find one at a respectable price.

That's awesome Freddie....and scary because you are already playing so well. I have a feeling this may put you in that scratch area if it performs as you expect.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Just saw a video in this link posted on Facebook. Describes the design of the putter very well and makes me more excited to get mine that shipped today!!

http://www.golf.com/equipment/nike-method-core-drone-putter

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cooky I am thinking about joining in on the fun and grabbing a 43" belly as well, this putter has my intrest and I really like the look of it, the more I see and hear about it the more I think to my self I should have one to practice all winter with haha.

Cooky I am thinking about joining in on the fun and grabbing a 43" belly as well, this putter has my intrest and I really like the look of it, the more I see and hear about it the more I think to my self I should have one to practice all winter with haha.

Good stuff! Mine is scheduled for a Monday delivery so I will definitely be sharing some thoughts over the next few weeks.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie, glad you got to cash in on this putter. I'm interested to see how the longer putter is for you. You've been rolling the ball pretty well in the HODs. I'm hoping to see you knock down those 12-14' putts so all One-T can say is "Oh, yeah..Cookie would probably birdie this hole". Ha Ha!

Wow Cookie going for it congrats. I've need to stop by GG and feel this one for sure. I'm sure JB will give us a break down of how his rounds turned out soon.

The coolest thing happened yesterday. I went to my local indoor range to film my promo for the MC and just as I finish up the last take in walks the entire OSU mens golf team. This is not unusual as the often come and practice here when the weather is bad (which it often is). The cool part was the two visitors that came with them. They were two reps from Nike and they were loaded with gear. They had come to fit the players for the new 20XI balls and to get them new equipment. They pull out a big staff bag full of putters, about 15 different drivers with assorted configurations, 3 woods, hybrids, irons and wedges. Well the first thing that pops out to me is the large belly Drone putter. One of the reps says to me "feels free to mess around with anything you would like." SO I did! I spend about 20 minutes with the belly Drone and another 20 with the standard version and another 20 with the other putters in the lineup. I got to hit a few drivers and they even let me hit some other clubs that will be coming out next year. I asked the guy if anything was under embargo so that way I would know what I could take pictures of and what I couldn't. It was pretty cool! Anyways, I really LOVE the insert on the Method putters. This thing putts such a nice forward roll on the ball! One of the reps was laying on the ground with a high speed video camera and filming the ball as it comes off the players current putters vs the roll with the Method insert and I have to tell you it was IMPRESSIVE! You can absolutely see a difference. I have talked a lot about how much I like the insert in my Ghost Spider, but I have to say that the roll that is put on the ball with the Nike putter may just be even better! Now as far as the Drone is concerned, I really like this putter. I actually preferred the traditional putter more, as it just feels so natural to set up and the weighting does feel so good. I was SUPER consistent with this putter which really upsets me, because I really don't want to want a new putter right now :D But it really made me wish I had it in the bag! I offered to do some long term testing for the reps, but they weren't convinced :D I also really liked some of the other putters they had, one of them was more of a traditional center shafted mid mallet and one of them was this crazy looking putter called the Method Concept. Check out the pictures.

453bc897-424e-be25.jpg

453bc897-4262-0413.jpg

453bc897-4271-2ae9.jpg

I would also like to comment quickly that the stuff Nike is going to be coming out with next year is fantastic and for the first time ever I can see myself gaming Nike clubs! Oh yeah and one more thing. Does anyone know who makes the grip that is on the Method Drone (it is the New Method Core grip) cause that is the best feeling grip I have used. Not too firm and not to squishy, and it is just the right size.

Cool story doc (or Lord Byron)!

I will admit I have wanted to try the belly but it was HARD not to buy the 35" model the other day. I was rolling that thing so well and it was just so easy to hold online through the putting stroke. It really did it more itself than anything I did. The sound at impact is unlike any other putter that I have ever heard. To say that I am excited about this putter is an understatement.

Very cool experience Dr. Teeth. Sounds like an awesome time.

This putter is ver intriguing to me and I may have to pick one up and give it a try.

Cool story doc (or Lord Byron)!

I will admit I have wanted to try the belly but it was HARD not to buy the 35" model the other day. I was rolling that thing so well and it was just so easy to hold online through the putting stroke. It really did it more itself than anything I did. The sound at impact is unlike any other putter that I have ever heard. To say that I am excited about this putter is an understatement.

It really does hold the line so well. I don't feel like I had to think about my release at all. It just does it how it is supposed to be done. I am more than impressed with this putter.

Very cool experience Dr. Teeth. Sounds like an awesome time. Did you like the belly version or the standard version better?

I ended up preferring the standard version better. It just seemed to be super consistent. With that said, I am not accustomed to the belly putter so I know my technique is off, but at 43" with my normal set up it felt like an inch too short. But I don't hunch over much when I putt.

Preface: Mods, if this needs to be moved to the "What Golf Stuff Did You Today" thread that is fine.

Well, a little long package arrived from UPS about 30 minutes ago. Opened it up to find what you ask?

Spoiler

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

It is going into play tomorrow and I have plans (weather pending) to play everyday through Sunday with the exception of Thanksgiving Day!! Breaking this bad boy in will be fun.

Nice pics cookie! That putter looks gorgeous. I look forward to hearing how you like it!

That's a peach Cookie! Can't wait to hear your results after tomorrow round

Nice pics cookie!

Congrats cookie!! It's a sweet flat stick, and in honor of your new purchase I'm gonna eat some beef jerky now.

Doc, thank you for sharing pics with us, in your second picture what is the weird looking putter?

And is there any chance we see a cs version of the drone?

--
tapatalk

Enjoy, waiting for feedback.

Nice! Love the look of it. I rolled the belly Drone at Golfsmith this evening for a good while, really liking the feel of it. If I ever grab a belly to experiment with, this may be the one.

Good luck with the new putter cookie

Great pics Cookie. Good luck and have fun getting used to that bad boy. I can't wait to hear how the first round goes!

Congrats cookie!! It's a sweet flat stick, and in honor of your new purchase I'm gonna eat some beef jerky now.

Doc, thank you for sharing pics with us, in your second picture what is the weird looking putter?

And is there any chance we see a cs version of the drone?

--
tapatalk

That is the Method Concept putter and it is the most different putter I have ever used.

Cookie, I am excited to see your new putter. I am a big fan of this putter! Keep us updated on your thoughts.

That is the Method Concept putter and it is the most different putter I have ever used.

Cookie, I am excited to see your new putter. I am a big fan of this putter! Keep us updated on your thoughts.

How was the "c0ncept" one teeth? cuz I really think I might buy it for its name.

Back