That Good Friday Massacre with the Canadiens was stuff of legend. Hope they get a team soon. I think of Bergeron growing up in Quebec City and how many legends went through there. Could've should've had a Cup in 1996! After the fanfare in the Peg brining the Jets back, I'm sure it would be worth it. I think the market is there personally.
Absolutely there is! I was in Quebec in 2000 and went to a Remparts game at the Colisée and I remember the crowd suddenly start chanting “Let’s Go Nordiques!”

And I called the Avs winning the Cup after the Nordiques were eliminated in 1995. We were eating supper that evening and I told my dad that if they get a goalie, they’re winning it all. Enter Patrick Roy…

I asked a friend from Phoenix if it was true that arena location was really a relevant issue. The response was the majority of fans are more casual hockey fans and only a smaller number really cared enough about hockey to trek across town in traffic. The population in Glendale is also less affluent and cannot afford and/or cares little about hockey. A Scottsdale location would attract more fans but finding an agreeable location is going to be difficult.

Exactly! After a challenging start, both the Lightning and Panthers are now perennial contenders!

I mean, it wasn’t all that long ago Tampa had Manon Rheaume in net for a preseason game to drum up interest.
I can’t speak for the Panthers but Tampa has definitely embraced hockey. I really enjoy going to games there. I schedule most of my trips down to be able to go to a Lightning game.

The arena is in such a good location, in an area where they have just done so much development.

Utah seems like a weird destination. Wish it was Portland instead. We are a hockey town

Shane Doan played his rookie season in Winnipeg and moved with the team to Aizona. He is synonymous with Coyotes hockey.

Now his son Josh got to play his first NHL games with the Coyotes this year and will move with the team to Utah.

if you want hear really good info about why they are moving listen to this week Spittin Chiclets podcast and Frank Seravalli. He does a great job breaking explains why this happening.

Back