NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osgood, in my opinion, was nowhere near an elite goaltender. You could put 80% of the NHL behind that team and win with them in net with relative ease I bet.

Also, nice that WSH made it a series. I don't know why, but I loathe Tim Thomas. He's frustratingly Hasek'y and his D bails him out like crazy.

Agree avg at best.

Oh, god, no. MAF is a much better goalie than Tim Tebow is a QB.

Yes I think so too, but it's the same debate in essence. I'm sure it's happened with other players too.

I would say that Osgood was better than 'average at best'. I don't think he's an all timer or anything but he was definitely better than average.

To me, wins is a legit category. MAF can win a 1-0 game, and can win a 5-4 game. He doesnt fail often, and I think he plays to his role and wins games. He doesnt let up too many softies and he doesnt let up softies to lose games(usually);.

What a piece of trash Carkner is. 7 shots to Dan Boyles face, completely uncalled for. Shanny won't let that one stand.

To me, wins is a legit category. MAF can win a 1-0 game, and can win a 5-4 game. He doesnt fail often, and I think he plays to his role and wins games. He doesnt let up too many softies and he doesnt let up softies to lose games(usually);.

Even I'll admit that he was good for a softie far too often early in his career but that has improved immensely over the last few seasons.

What a freaking game in St. Louis tonight. The Blues played fast, they played tough, they played mean. HOLY COW! If you didn't watch this game, you missed one hell of an intense, old time hockey game. I told Kelly with about 2 minutes left in the game, there is going to be a huge scrap once the final buzzer sounds and sure enough, there were about 6 guys mixing it up. We sent a message going into San Jose. Series tied at 1.

What a piece of trash Carkner is. 7 shots to Dan Boyles face, completely uncalled for. Shanny won't let that one stand.

That was so dirty.. I can't believe they gave Dubinsky a misconduct for coming in and defending his teammate. Terrible reffing.

That was so dirty.. I can't believe they gave Dubinsky a misconduct for coming in and defending his teammate. Terrible reffing.

still was 3rd man in... thats what im assuming the refs are thinking although i would have done the same thing after seeing that! what a dirty game all around from the highlights that i saw. this series could get ugly fast!

The goaltending in this Pens - Flyers series cracks me up.

pens are in BIG trouble if Briere gets HOT! hes a playoff God.... wish he played this good all season.

Just die, Pittsburgh. Clearly no desire to be here.

Well I'm glad that the Pens still can't play any defense.

At least Letang laid the beatdown on Timmonen. The Pens needed that.

Well at least this is getting interesting now.

Bunch of babies the Pens are. If we can't beat them, let's try to beat them up! Crosby is a classless b!tch! Hope someone ends his career today!

You stay classy Syd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Bunch of babies the Pens are. If we can't beat them, let's try to beat them up! Crosby is a classless b!tch! Hope someone ends his career today!

He asked Giroux to go, Giroux skated away then jumps him after Crosby is already tangled with Timonin. I'm not sticking up for either sides here as I don't give a crap about either team, but just think if you're going to fight someone, stand face to face and drop the gloves.

Wow... Funny you say that considering how many times I've seen the Flyers start fights when they were down. It's a way for a team to get back into it and get some motivation. All teams do it from what I've seen.

Wow... Funny you say that considering how many times I've seen the Flyers start fights when they were down. It's a way for a team to get back into it and get some motivation. All teams do it from what I've seen.

Not the St. Louis Blues. We do it after we just dominated a team for 60 minutes. The best part of last nights game was 1.) Oshie laying Marleau's jock strap on the ice and feeding Backes for the 2nd goal, and 2.) Roman Polak going completely postal on some guy, a few minutes after the final buzzer had rang. I loved Hitch's post game comments. "Don't open the Roman Polak door. Don't go there".

Oh god was that a disgusting play from Asham. I'm all for a good fight and standing up for your team but that was horrible.

The Pens horrid defense continues...

4 to score free breakfast bagel tomorrow from mcdonalds!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back