NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially because they're winning.

Yeah, good point, haha. Always like to see them win before a little period off - they don't play again until Tuesday.

Yeah, good point, haha. Always like to see them win before a little period off - they don't play again until Tuesday.

That's nice. They've been in a bit of a funk lately, so I think it will really help them a lot.

So Boston just destroyed the 3rd place team in the East with ease.....could we see the first team to go back to back sense Detroit in the late 90's?

So Boston just destroyed the 3rd place team in the East with ease.....could we see the first team to go back to back sense Detroit in the late 90's?

The Bruins are 20-2-1 or something ridiculous like that in their last 23 games. I just hope they're not peaking too soon, and they have been lucky so far with no big injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James Neal strikes again!

The Bruins are 20-2-1 or something ridiculous like that in their last 23 games. I just hope they're not peaking too soon, and they have been lucky so far with no big injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they have too much depth to worry about that, not to mention two really good goaltenders. God I hate saying these things about Boston.

I still don't think any team is as good as Pittsburgh when healthy. Of course, I'm incredibly biased and the when healthy part is so very cloudy.

But just like that the Pens explode to take a 4-1 lead. Sick goal by Duper.

Steel Tappin'

I still don't think any team is as good as Pittsburgh when healthy. Of course, I'm incredibly biased and the when healthy part is so very cloudy.

Steel Tappin'

I didn't see the goals, but the alerts on my phone were very close together. Another biased opinion here saying that when healthy the Pens are the best. Sid, Malkin, and Staal up the middle? Yes please.

They're 1 and 2 in the East when the Pens are healthy. Though without a healthy Sid, I would drop them below a healthy Philly. Though this is just my opinion. So much depends on healthy players.

They're 1 and 2 in the East when the Pens are healthy. Though without a healthy Sid, I would drop them below a healthy Philly. Though this is just my opinion. So much depends on healthy players.

Definately true. We'll see who can be healthy come the Playoffs because that will be huge.

Steel Tappin'

It's probably true but the Pens haven't been healthy since they won the Cup. They went almost a season without having Staal, Malkin and Crosby on the ice at the same time.

Right now the Bruins are by far the best team in the league. It's not just that they win, it's how they win. They can beat you in so many ways.

It's probably true but the Pens haven't been healthy since they won the Cup. They went almost a season without having Staal, Malkin and Crosby on the ice at the same time.

Right now the Bruins are by far the best team in the league. It's not just that they win, it's how they win. They can beat you in so many ways.

Oh, you're absolutely right. Health is a huge issue and it's never a given with this team. One can only hope they start to catch some luck.

Maybe they're just getting all of the injuries out of the way early this year?

Steel Tappin'

So, Wilson gets an extension in Toronto. Anyone disagree with that?

Also I hate how much of a whiner team the Canucks are. And what's wrong with Gautheir's brain. As if anyone was/is going to do any better with the players that have been provided then Martin was.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is the first year he's running a team that has a little talent. But he's not very good at making the best of a the with no talent.

As a Leafs fan I'm undecided. The team has nice speed and some semblance of depth for the first time in his tenure. But as long as that penalty killing continues to kill them... I will remain undecided. Truthfully, I was almost hoping they wouldn't re-up his contract and give a shot to a guy like Ted Nolan.. who I'm afraid will never ever get a shot again to coach in the NHL. Darcy Regier and Hasek screwed him up.

Alex

When are these guys going to stop hitting each other from behind? Another Wild player needing to helped off the ice because a goon on the other team just doesn't get it.

When are these guys going to stop hitting each other from behind? Another Wild player needing to helped off the ice because a goon on the other team just doesn't get it.

Yeah you're talking to a Pens fan who has had their best player (who is the best in the league) sidelined from a concussion caused by an iffy hit. :D But yeah, I know what you're saying, some guys just don't get it.

Watching that Caps player get impaled by his own stick and keep playing summarizes how tough hockey players really are. Wow.

Wilson's extension is only one year. No biggie, it's not like they can't fire him in the off-season anyways.

Watching that Caps player get impaled by his own stick and keep playing summarizes how tough hockey players really are. Wow.

Yeah, hurt me a little just watching it.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

The Pens put up 52 shots in a 4-2 rout of the Canes. Playing solid hockey right now. 52 shots is ridiculous.

Not sure if any line in hockey is playing better than Kunitz/Malkin/Neal.

The Pens put up 52 shots in a 4-2 rout of the Canes. Playing solid hockey right now. 52 shots is ridiculous.

Not sure if any line in hockey is playing better than Kunitz/Malkin/Neal.

Kunitz is playing much better this year than he has in the past. I haven't been very impressed with him in past seasons for what they gave up, but this year he's been dynamite. I love it.

No question. I always liked the grit that Kunitz brought but he has elevated his game big time this year. Same could be said for a lot of guys though. Neal has truthfully shocked me - he's an absolute force. Dupuis is one of my favorites - he was perceived to be a 'throw in' as part of the Hossa trade and he's now a mainstay. He's another guy who has been leaps and bounds better this year.

I'd say the four guys who have pleasantly surprised me the most are Neal, Kunitz, Dupuis, and the new-found clean career of Matt Cooke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back