NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pronger out for the season with a concussion. Wow.

Sad.

Anyone get a chance to watch episode 1 of 24/7?

And, yeah, I was able to catch it. Loved the series last year (and was obviously more attached to it seeing as I'm a Pens fan) and found it to be just as entertaining during this years first episode. HBO does an amazing job with this series.

Anyone get a chance to watch episode 1 of 24/7?

i Loved last year and i hate the pens and caps This year is already great. love to see the behinds the scenes stuff.

That really sucks. I just hope the same doesn't go for Sid...

Same here. Sadly, you could make this statement about quite a few top players this season.

Stars with 3 big W's in a row on the road in the northeast with a rookie goalie!! Very nice boys!

Just wanted to check in here and get my hockey talk on! Was reading about Pronger's injury and have to feel bad for the guy. I know he's one of the most hated in the league, but as a Ducks fan, he helped deliver us to the promise land.

Best of luck to everyone's team and here's to my team ceasing to play like a peewee team.

Pronger may be one of the most hated guy when is not on your team, but it's guys like that you love to have on your team. No doubt he can be called a great.

Heading to the Pens game tonight. Hopefully they can get back on track.

NHL 2011-2012 season

They played well last night I was at the game in Ottawa but Johnson had a tough game.

In Montreal to see Habs vs NJ shortly!

I'm glad Pronger won't be playing when I go to the Lightning Flyer game, him holding the puck in the defensive end for 2 minutes at a time got old real quick.

I'm glad Pronger won't be playing when I go to the Lightning Flyer game, him holding the puck in the defensive end for 2 minutes at a time got old real quick.
Well if the Lightning didn't play the trap which is the most boring style of play ever they wouldn't have that problem

Hope you guys are enjoying the game who are at them tonight, pretty jealous.

flyers got another guy who might have a concussion! this is getting real old quick!

flyers got another guy who might have a concussion! this is getting real old quick!

Sounds like the Pens lol. At least you didn't lose the best player in the league because of a dirty hit.

Sounds like the Pens lol. At least you didn't lose the best player in the league because of a dirty hit.

we did lose the best player in the league- giroux has a concussion!

Evgeni Malkin hat trick ftw. Hope you had fun tonight! It's a great win for the Pens!

we did lose the best player in the league- giroux has a concussion!

... Methinks that was a joke. I hope so for the sake of your sanity. :D

Awesome game, by the way. Geno was unreal.

Steel Tappin'

Well if the Lightning didn't play the trap which is the most boring style of play ever they wouldn't have that problem

That justification was hilarious to me "you play boring hockey, so I am going to make it more boring". It's an easy fix, score on it. If you beat it consistently (as teams are right now), it will stop.

That was the only time in sports where instead of a team trying to out scheme their opponent, they threw a hissy fit and hoped the other team would start playing the game like they wanted it played. I admit I don't watch as much hockey as most of you. But I grew up playing it and love the sport. I don't find the 1-3-1 boring at all, but I played defense and love seeing those kind of battles.

... Methinks that was a joke. I hope so for the sake of your sanity. :D

Well technically, he was correct. Giroux was the best player in the league at the time, he had the most points. Argue all you want, but from a snap shot point of view, points leader = best player in the league at that particular time.

There's plenty of opinions out there, but stats are stats at a giving time.

Well technically, he was correct. Giroux was the best player in the league at the time, he had the most points. Argue all you want, but from a snap shot point of view, points leader = best player in the league at that particular time.

Uh.... Okay then. Though I think even Giroux would admit that Crosby's a better player. But I guess you could look at it stats-wise if you want.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that the player with the most points is the best player in the league. Definitely more to it than that.

Steel Tappin'

I'm not arguing with your points or opinions, but from a stats point of view Giroux was the best in the league at the time he went out.

I'm sure Crosby would also agree that he was not at the place he wanted to be at for those 8 games that allowed him to be considered best in the league.

Crosby is the best player in the league overall, but at the time Giroux went out, from a statistical point of view, he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back