NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pens put up 52 shots in a 4-2 rout of the Canes. Playing solid hockey right now. 52 shots is ridiculous.

Not sure if any line in hockey is playing better than Kunitz/Malkin/Neal.

Steel tappin' from my iPad
52 is just crazy, that's a lot puck flying at the net.

Any of you folks been following the 24/7 series? I loved it last year and think it's great again this season (even though I dislike the teams involved).

Steel Tappin'

Any of you folks been following the 24/7 series? I loved it last year and think it's great again this season (even though I dislike the teams involved).

Steel Tappin'

i have, its been really great for me this year being a flyers fan and i think Lavi is a great coach and always wondered how he was in the locker room and during practices. i felt the same way you did last year didn't really like the teams but i didn't miss an episode. i told my buddy who plays hockey with me years ago i wished they had a channel where they had everyone mic'ed up and you could watch the game and hear all the trash talk and what the coaches were saying and stuff... i guess with all the cursing and stuff that might never really be possible for every game. i know they sometimes have 1 guy mic'ed up during some games but im sure they edit what they want to show in between periods.

i have, its been really great for me this year being a flyers fan and i think Lavi is a great coach and always wondered how he was in the locker room and during practices. i felt the same way you did last year didn't really like the teams but i didn't miss an episode. i told my buddy who plays hockey with me years ago i wished they had a channel where they had everyone mic'ed up and you could watch the game and hear all the trash talk and what the coaches were saying and stuff... i guess with all the cursing and stuff that might never really be possible for every game. i know they sometimes have 1 guy mic'ed up during some games but im sure they edit what they want to show in between periods.

I've even found some of the Flyers players to be great on camera. I mean, how can you not be amused by Bryzgalov? He's an absolute nut. I still cannot stand Hartnell though and this show is doing nothing to change that.

I've even found some of the Flyers players to be great on camera. I mean, how can you not be amused by Bryzgalov? He's an absolute nut. I still cannot stand Hartnell though and this show is doing nothing to change that.

yeah well every team has that player. and hartnell is finally starting to almost earn his over priced contract this year.

Pens/Flyers tomorrow. Can't wait!

Steel Tappin'

Steel Tappin'

I don't think that's on tv here which sucks. I'll have to check NHL Network. It should be an amazing game.

Agreed. As always, a big game.

Another great 24/7 episode tonight as well.

Steel Tappin'

Steel Tappin'

Hey fellow Pens fan! I'm sure Jagr will feel the love tonight. I remember from his time as a Penguin that he's not a big fan of physical play. The Pens need to thump him at every chance to take him off his game, which I know the home crowd would like as well.

We'll make the playoffs. Likely as a 5-8 seed. Next year though with a lot of the youth developed. LOOK OUT!

Flyers a 5-8 seed? Jagr is killing it for his age and has become, dare I say, a good signing! As long as Giroux can stay healthy now with the loss of Pronger. Adding Talbot was a good thing too. Flyers are a force this year!!

Flyers a 5-8 seed? Jagr is killing it for his age and has become, dare I say, a good signing! As long as Giroux can stay healthy now with the loss of Pronger. Adding Talbot was a good thing too. Flyers are a force this year!!

They are playing well, which surprises me a bit as I thought that they gave up too much of their team in the off season, and I didn't think Jagr had so much left. Will 68 have anything in the tank for the second half? Agree as it stands now they are looking like a top four seed.

Steel Tappin'

I've been watching it OnDemand and I'm still one episode behind.

Still upsets me to see Talbot in a Flyers jersey- I miss his A&L Motors commercials.

I've been watching it OnDemand and I'm still one episode behind.

Still upsets me to see Talbot in a Flyers jersey- I miss his A&L Motors commercials.

Talbot is a hard guy to hate but it really just isn't right seeing him in that awful orange.

I miss Max. I wish he was still here.

Talbot is a hard guy to hate but it really just isn't right seeing him in that awful orange.

I really can't understand why he would do that. He was well liked in Pittsburgh, he won a cup there. With 28 other teams out there he could have avoided going to the Flyers, same goes for Jagr, it's not like he was hurting for money.

The Pens are playing terrible hovkey today. They need Crosby back badly lol.

I love the winter classic, what a throwback to playing in the cold on frozen ponds! I would love to see more than one a year.

I love the winter classic, what a throwback to playing in the cold on frozen ponds! I would love to see more than one a year.

Same. It's so much fun to watch, even if your team isn't in it. They should do several.

The Winter Classic is now at 3:00.

What made them change it? Weather?

Trying to start the game after the sun is low enough to where it's not going to hit the ice or be in the eyes of the players, and also it may be too warm early in the day.

Trying to start the game after the sun is low enough to where it's not going to hit the ice or be in the eyes of the players, and also it may be too warm early in the day.

Ah, thanks. I figured it had something to do with that. I think they had to delay it last year too because of the sun.

Ah, thanks. I figured it had something to do with that. I think they had to delay it last year too because of the sun.

It was almost 60 last year in Pittsburgh for the Winter Classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back