I'm just getting over either a nasty cold or a mild flu. I've decided, while I'm not 100%, I'm still well enough to play golf tomorrow.:D

Just bundle up! And have fun--drink lots of water.

We're Number Two!

We're Number Two!

And you can take that however you want to! KC lost again today and with the Cincy tie, the Chiefs moved into 2nd place for the number one draft pick! Way to go boys! First place could never happen though; Detroit really looks like they could lose them all.

Detroit might beat the Bucs next week. I predict my team will go down for Detroit's 1st victory.

Detroit might beat the Bucs next week. I predict my team will go down for Detroit's 1st victory.

I think that's a good call, JB.

I've been keeping quiet about my Giants this year, but ...

"How about those G-Men???"

Soon as you finally got rid of selfish Tiki, you guys have done just fine.

Yeah, there's something to that, apparently (although it didn't really come out until his last year).

Plus, the maturation of Eli can't be overstated. Watching him today, he was as cool in the pocket as I've ever seen him.

"How about those G-Men???"
G-Unit is rollin'. Earth, Wind and Fire have been unstopable against the best defenses in the league.
Tiki wasn't a problem at all, he was the star player in NY until Eli came of age last year. It just got ugly after Tiki decided to retire, and it doesn't lessen my opinion of his performance on the field. I watched him for many years, and it was a treat.
Plus, the maturation of Eli can't be overstated. Watching him today, he was as cool in the pocket as I've ever seen him.
Yes, he handles pressure much better, and has finally learned how to throw the ball away instead of throwing it downfield. He still has his INT's but not nearly the amount he did his first few years.

EX -NY .............Tenn 10,0: NICKNAMES.?

EX -NY .............Tenn 10,0: NICKNAMES.?

Ex NY Here . I think BROADWAY JOE ( Namath) was still playing when my Jets were last in 1st Place. Giants also #1 . Jimmy Hoffa will wake up for this Super Bowl . Frank GIFFORD still kicking.?
. Pro Tenn at 10,0 are making up for the College Tenn Vols, However the 17year coach Fulmer got fired . Heard it cost school $6 million just to make the guy walk . Student tuition need bailout from Gov't :confused2:
. Somewhere we should recall all Pro NICKNAMES all guess the player.
Monday night Star . " The REFRIGERATOR" .?????
THE BUS.??

Ex NY Here . I think BROADWAY JOE ( Namath) was still playing when my Jets were last in 1st Place. Giants also #1 . Jimmy Hoffa will wake up for this Super Bowl . Frank GIFFORD still kicking.?
. Pro Tenn at 10,0 are making up for the College Tenn Vols, However the 17year coach Fulmer got fired . Heard it cost school $6 million just to make the guy walk . Student tuition need bailout from Gov't :confused2
. Somewhere we should recall all Pro NICKNAMES all guess the player.
Monday night Star . " The REFRIGERATOR" .?????
THE BUS.??

I know The Bus is (fmr) Pittsburgh Steeler Jerome Bettis...not sure who The Refrigerator is or if I've ever heard that one...

William Perry from the 85 bears superbowl team.

The Fridge is in here, man what a good song, I believe it won a couple Grammys.
[YOUTUBE]fJNC3dgreaU[/YOUTUBE]

Julie without watching if my memory serves me correctly, he was 92. But you cant miss him, he is the size of a frdige

Know which number he is?

72, close JB, but I wont tell you where it is. You have to watch all 7 minutes of it.:act-up:

The Fridge was pretty much a joke, except for one or two seasons. The worst thing that the the Bears did in the Super Bowl was to give him a touchdown while Walter Payton went without. Best rusher of all time, played in only one Super Bowl and the team scored 5 touchdowns and he didn't get one of them.

Best RB of all time is very arguable.

That is awesome, thanks, have seen it before but not in a long time. Holy cow, I think one of his thighs is bigger than my waist! (And I just won me a little bet that Walter Payton played for MN. Hehe.)

true jb. i think it depends what categories you look at. walter peyton was the most elusive in my opinion. he just seemed to put a move on everybody. btw, TITANS ARE 10-0

Most elusive to me was Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders. But history says we need to look at Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, and others.

Best RB of all time is very arguable.
Yes, it should have read, "arguably the best rusher of all-time."

Jim Brown, Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders make a strong case. Emmitt Smith maybe.

i think the best college running back of all time was barry sanders. he broke 25 ncaa records in 1988. that season: he ran 344 times for 2,625 yards with 39 touchdowns, he won the heisman that year, his rushing average per game was almost 240 yards, he ran for over 300 yards in 1/3 of the games that season and only ran for less than 200 yards in 4 games, and he averaged 3.6 touchdowns a game.

he did well in the nfl too and is one of the all-time greats, but statistically his 1988 season at Oklahoma Sate was far better than any of his seasons in the nfl. and i know that the offensive systems are run differently in college vs. nfl and stuff so obviously i'm not sure how possible it would have been for him to have that kind of season in the nfl. that's why im saying best ncaa running back

As a youngster he couldnt beat out Thurman Thomas for his starting job. There have been a lot of great college rbs. Tomlinson, Ricky Williams, OJ, etc....

Back