Never Compromise Reserve Putter Review

After seeing them in hand, I honestly think they missed the pricing mark and should have stayed around 399. They're nice, they're well milled, but at 450, IMO as a putter addict/connoisseur/ho, you have to NAIL the little things, and I'm not sure these do that with the cavity badge and some of the paint lines I saw at the show.

But, that is entirely one persons opinion.
I can't respect that for sure. I was thinking part of that price has to include the time/materials involved in the fitting process maybe?

Anyway, assuming there's some give and take between the two when it comes to aesthetics, I have to think the ability to take home the NC with a fitting (at around the same price) carries some value, especially with the weight, shaft, and grip options being available same day. Thoughts?
This is where I stand. With the simple fit process, there is something to this and based on what I have heard coming out of the show, early buy in has been a success.

I did, and clearly 2-3 in hand is a small sample size, but at 450, you have to NAIL it imo.
that's a bit of a bummer.

Yeah 450, there is an expectation.

This is where I stand. With the simple fit process, there is something to this and based on what I have heard coming out of the show, early buy in has been a success.
I'm probably more sensitive the length/lie issue than some people because I tend to get so many putters that don't fit me well for either as part of the review process.

that's a bit of a bummer.

Yeah 450, there is an expectation.
Its an interesting thought too on the other side. It seems to happen frequently with small boutique makers and its called bespoke but with a big company there is an expectation.

Its an interesting thought too on the other side. It seems to happen frequently with small boutique makers and its called bespoke but with a big company there is an expectation.
there is some truth there. We like uniqueness and some imperfections when it's more of a made for type of deal.

I can't respect that for sure. I was thinking part of that price has to include the time/materials involved in the fitting process maybe?
The fitting side is interesting, it was unique to look at in person, simple, but potentially effective. IF you can get places to actually apply it.

For me the whole thing just sits in no man's land. It wants to be nostalgic with things like the rubberized cavity badge and two tone option, but it doesnt. It want's to be super high end, but it doesn't.

I for one wish they would have gone ALL IN on the throwback nostalgia factor and hit it a 399, I think that could have absolutely crushed.

But the boutique companies typically nail the little things as they're dealing in smaller quantities, so for the bigger brands, the expectation has to be there imo.

The fitting side is interesting, it was unique to look at in person, simple, but potentially effective. IF you can get places to actually apply it.

For me the whole thing just sits in no man's land. It wants to be nostalgic with things like the rubberized cavity badge and two tone option, but it doesnt. It want's to be super high end, but it doesn't.

I for one wish they would have gone ALL IN on the throwback nostalgia factor and hit it a 399, I think that could have absolutely crushed.
My dad hit me up the other night and was asking about the NC putters because of the Black/Grey pattern.

I do have this desire to either take the 4S and retrofit it or maybe try it from scratch. The mid-mallet is something I could get along with. I have a bunch of assumptions about what I need in a putter, but it's all been crafted in my own head.

My dad hit me up the other night and was asking about the NC putters because of the Black/Grey pattern.
I thought the two tone looked best in hand honestly, it wa pretty fun to look down at again.

I do have this desire to either take the 4S and retrofit it or maybe try it from scratch. The mid-mallet is something I could get along with. I have a bunch of assumptions about what I need in a putter, but it's all been crafted in my own head.
They should have included an 11/Elevado shape. 😍

They should have included an 11/Elevado shape. 😍
Ha! Just me, but I like that 4 shape better. I like how it's a little softer in the transitions.

Do wish it was the two-tone in some ways though. Normally not me thing, but I'd let it slide for nostalgia.

Ha! Just me, but I like that 4 shape better. I like how it's a little softer in the transitions.

Do wish it was the two-tone in some ways though. Normally not me thing, but I'd let it slide for nostalgia.
@ddec and I agree, the 11/Elevado out 7’s the 7. 🤣

I'm with you there. I was a big fan of the FE Elevado I played last year. Rolled some real "7's" the other day and it's not as much there for me.

I'm with you there. I was a big fan of the FE Elevado I played last year. Rolled some real "7's" the other day and it's not as much there for me.
Where do you think they go from here with this line?

Where do you think they go from here with this line?
Maybe tighten up some of the finer details. I think they could expand the head/shaft options to cover some more stroke types/preferences too.

Selfishly, I'd love to see a store fitting available with a custom order option for engraving and paint fill (like the Gambler Series). That would make me go crazy.

their first 2135 Elevado was the best fang shape on the market the day it came out.

I've gone through neither, but reading your descriptions of the Edel fitting possibilities, I feel like if I were to get the NC fitting I would be left wanting more.

I've gone through neither, but reading your descriptions of the Edel fitting possibilities, I feel like if I were to get the NC fitting I would be left wanting more.
I think what they’ve created is efficient and effective. It will help golfers, and in the end, that’s a win.

I did, and clearly 2-3 in hand is a small sample size, but at 450, you have to NAIL it imo.
Totally agree at this price point.

I don't know what qualifies as boutique, but being part of Srixon this price puts them in direct competition with the high end putter vendors like SC and even Odyssey's Ai Milled line. I've certainly had a production putter delivered with imperfections (addressed quickly by the OEM) but never at that price point. It's nitpicky to be sure in the larger scheme, but I'd be sending it back if it had paint or finish issues at $450. I do hope it's just early prod issues though, I know NC has a good following and more options for everyone is always a good thing.

Totally agree at this price point.

I don't know what qualifies as boutique, but being part of Srixon this price puts them in direct competition with the high end putter vendors like SC and even Odyssey's Ai Milled line. I've certainly had a production putter delivered with imperfections (addressed quickly by the OEM) but never at that price point. It's nitpicky to be sure in the larger scheme, but I'd be sending it back if it had paint or finish issues at $450. I do hope it's just early prod issues though, I know NC has a good following and more options for everyone is always a good thing.
Just as a note, the putter I picked up had no paint imperfections.

Video on the length fitting process. Maybe not the most video-friendly hosts, but it gets more interesting the longer it goes. I really want to go through this and may just show up with mine in hand to see if the length needs adjusted..

Video on the length fitting process. Maybe not the most video-friendly hosts, but it gets more interesting the longer it goes. I really want to go through this and may just show up with mine in hand to see if the length needs adjusted..

that would be a process worth going through

To me the biggest problem with the price is the absolute dive this is going to take if you want to sell it again. If you buy a Cameron for 450, you know you’ll get a decent amount of that back, but with these?

Wouldn’t surprise me to see this trade on auction sites around the 200 dollar mark a year or two from now.
At 350 these would’ve been an interesting proposition. Charging Cameron prices is not it, I am afraid.

Back