Never Compromise Reserve Putter Review

Glad they brought back the black and silver look when bringing back the name.
I like the looks of the black and silver. Not a fan of the badge in the back cavity though. Other than that, this is a fantastic looking putter.

Great review!

1000004677.png

So I wonder how these compare to the Cleveland Frontline releases because that putter is amazing.

The original NC voodoo is one of my favorite putters ever. Very cool to see the name make a comeback

Great review!

View attachment 9237803

So I wonder how these compare to the Cleveland Frontline releases because that putter is amazing.
There are some key differences for sure. Coincidentally, I had the Frontline Elite in the exact same shape/hosel and played it most of last year.

From a finish and feel perspective, the NC really shines. It's much tighter all around and just looks like a premium putter. Big difference with the insert vs the milled face too. Much more traditional/familiar feel on the NC Reserve. The Frontline's focus is more the tech story.

I had to fire up my Google machine this morning and look up Never Compromise putters because honestly I had forgotten about them. More options are always great. I’m curious what sales will be like in a very competitive and extremely loyal high-end milled putter market? I’m a little surprised these are marketed as a stand along brand and not under the Srixon label.

View attachment 9237796

I would love to know what someone that goes through the fitting process thinks of it.
Curious about this as well because the release was being promoted on the Srixon Instagram page but not on Cleveland’s.

I loved the Gambler series. I still remember being at the PGA show when they introduced it, the booth was amazing, and I met Graeme McDowell, and it was the one and only time I got star struck. Let's just say, JB wasn't too thrilled lol.
That's because McDowell is downright dreamy. Can't be avoided.

$450... hmm... thinking that's a tough price range to compete in. I'd guess they should prob live in the $379 to $399 range.

They look nice but gotta wonder the take rate in this market at that price. The Cleveland land is so nice and the other big brands have more name behind them.

This brand may have been massive in the day but it seems like GM bringing back Pontiac.

My rep brought these by a few weeks ago so I got to roll a few, really solid feel and cool to see the familiar two tone look again.

Only time will tell if price point has a detrimental effect on this comeback release. I am however a fan of anything that causes golfers to be fit for putter. Great write up. I do love the 2 tone

$450... hmm... thinking that's a tough price range to compete in. I'd guess they should prob live in the $379 to $399 range.
Agreed. It's a hefty price tag.
Cool to see they are back, don't see it lasting long.

Pretty good looking putters

Cool to see the comeback and they're nice looking putters. It'll be interesting to see how competitive they can be in that niche and price range.

That in-store fitting tool reminds me a lot of what Plop used for their putters. It definitely doesn't compare with a full dynamic fitting, but at least you can get length & lie right.

Really really glad to see SRI bring back Never Compromise. Sentimental, sure, but they made some awesome putters. Love the shapes they are offering, and the finish offerings are fantastic.

Fitting method is quite interesting as well.

Love that stock shaft choice and that two color option, classic NC!

What is the stock head weight of this line and, or what is the range of head weights available?

There are some key differences for sure. Coincidentally, I had the Frontline Elite in the exact same shape/hosel and played it most of last year.

From a finish and feel perspective, the NC really shines. It's much tighter all around and just looks like a premium putter. Big difference with the insert vs the milled face too. Much more traditional/familiar feel on the NC Reserve. The Frontline's focus is more the tech story.
ok so this is milled across the face as opposed to Frontline Elite with milled insert?

I was quite surprised by the price as the current Cleveland putters as in a much different pricepoint. I look forward to seeing these in store.

ok so this is milled across the face as opposed to Frontline Elite with milled insert?
The Never Compromise line is 100% CNC milled. Frontline Elite is a cast head with a tungsten insert that has a milling pattern.

What is the stock head weight of this line and, or what is the range of head weights available?
I can't say with 100% certainty, but it seems like 330g based on a snippet in the manual.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but it seems like 330g based on a snippet in the manual.
330 gram head weight is great. In recent years most companies stock putters heads are about 350 grams, which I find much too heavy unless one is playing an extremely short 32" or 33" shaft length.
If Never Compromise is offering 330 grams I expect that if, when players try that weight they will like it.

330 gram head weight is great. In recent years most companies stock putters heads are about 350 grams, which I find much too heavy unless one is playing an extremely short 32" or 33" shaft length.
If Never Compromise is offering 330 grams I expect that if, when players try that weight they will like it.
I assume that is before weights. Probably minimum 5g each

Back