Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Wait You are supposed to grease them?? I am going on 2 years without doing this. :ROFLMAO:
I used Garage Door Lubricant spray and it seems to work fine.

One additional tip on battery storage, follow manufacturer guidelines.

Last edited:
One additional tip on battery storage, do not store on concrete. If you are going to place on floor, lay it on a piece of wood or similar object.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

I love my M7. The only thing that is missing is a Motocaddy cooler bag. I kept hoping that Motocaddy would offer a cooler bag but nothing so far. I decided to look for a non-Motocaddy cooler bag that would fit my M7. I found several different cooler bags at Motogolf.com. Motogolf carries several different lines of caddys (including Motocaddy) so I sent them an email asking about a cooler that would fit my M7. Their suggestion was the MGI Zip Cooler Bag (there are multiple versions of the MGI bag). The MGI Zip Cooler Bag fits my M7 perfectly!

One round in with my M7 Remote and I’m sold. I don’t know why I thought walking without pushing was being overhyped but I’m not dead tired after playing 18. I usually hit around 5 miles at this course and I still have energy to actually do things at home.

One round in with my M7 Remote and I’m sold. I don’t know why I thought walking without pushing was being overhyped but I’m not dead tired after playing 18. I usually hit around 5 miles at this course and I still have energy to actually do things at home.
Makes a huge difference man, especially when navigating hills. On hot days, I’ll hang onto it and walk but I’ll add an umbrella up above just for the steady shade. It helps quite a bit in keeping the sweltering effect down. If it’s windy though and I can see the umbrella kinda acting more like a sail, I’ll walk in the shade as much as I can and just steer it as needed.

My back oh s&$* wheel seems to be making a weird noise when it’s engaged, I’m not sure what needs to be greased or cleaned or what. I’m also not sure if anyone else is having this issue?

My M7 makes walking so much easier.

IMG_8017.jpeg

Makes a huge difference man, especially when navigating hills. On hot days, I’ll hang onto it and walk but I’ll add an umbrella up above just for the steady shade. It helps quite a bit in keeping the sweltering effect down. If it’s windy though and I can see the umbrella kinda acting more like a sail, I’ll walk in the shade as much as I can and just steer it as needed.

My back oh s&$* wheel seems to be making a weird noise when it’s engaged, I’m not sure what needs to be greased or cleaned or what. I’m also not sure if anyone else is having this issue?
I get a noise, but I just think it's a function of being a hard plastic wheel on a metal axle. Maybe add some lithium grease when you grease up the big wheels.

I get a noise, but I just think it's a function of being a hard plastic wheel on a metal axle. Maybe add some lithium grease when you grease up the big wheels.

I heard the same thing for the first time yesterday during my round. @Jank has more context on if it's the motor or just need to clean and grease the wheels. I am going to clean my thoroughly and see if that helps. Otherwise I may have to go to the Jank route and engage Motocaddy CS.

I heard a loud grind like someone stole my cart's nonexistent catalytic converter. It turned out that one of the motors needed to be replaced. Once I was actually able to get a hold of someone, it was an easy enough fix, though it took Motocaddy a few weeks to initially respond to me.

I heard the same thing for the first time yesterday during my round. @Jank has more context on if it's the motor or just need to clean and grease the wheels. I am going to clean my thoroughly and see if that helps. Otherwise I may have to go to the Jank route and engage Motocaddy CS.

I heard a loud grind like someone stole my cart's nonexistent catalytic converter. It turned out that one of the motors needed to be replaced. Once I was actually able to get a hold of someone, it was an easy enough fix, though it took Motocaddy a few weeks to initially respond to me.
I think what @Jank was dealing with is completely different than the wheelie wheel noise.

@mikeg_74 the noise I heard on yours was about the volume of the noise I heard on mine initially, but it was significantly louder the 2nd or 3rd round after I first heard it. If your cart doesn't get any louder, then hopefully it's not the motor. Though, I still used my cart a few times while waiting on the replacement and it ran fine, it was just loud as hell.

Congrats on your purchase and Welcome to the club!!!

I love my M7. The only thing that is missing is a Motocaddy cooler bag. I kept hoping that Motocaddy would offer a cooler bag but nothing so far. I decided to look for a non-Motocaddy cooler bag that would fit my M7. I found several different cooler bags at Motogolf.com. Motogolf carries several different lines of caddys (including Motocaddy) so I sent them an email asking about a cooler that would fit my M7. Their suggestion was the MGI Zip Cooler Bag (there are multiple versions of the MGI bag). The MGI Zip Cooler Bag fits my M7 perfectly!
Bagboy cooler works

My cart took a tumble Saturday and landed on the scorecard holder. The pull stop on the drawer cracked off, but not really a huge deal since I rarely use the compartment for anything.

I did run the cart for 36 holes over two days without charging and it handled it like a champ. Still not brave enough for 54 holes though since I don't want to bother with pushing it if it dies.

Is there an M5 thread or should any reviews/feedback go in this thread? I've recently got an M5 and I've been putting together thoughts and videos on it.

Anyone use the Motocaddy sand bottle? If so, where does it connect to? The website doesn't have much information on it.

My cart took a tumble Saturday and landed on the scorecard holder. The pull stop on the drawer cracked off, but not really a huge deal since I rarely use the compartment for anything.

I did run the cart for 36 holes over two days without charging and it handled it like a champ. Still not brave enough for 54 holes though since I don't want to bother with pushing it if it dies.
What did you try to run over? That’s a hell of a wipeout!

What did you try to run over? That’s a hell of a wipeout!

About a 2" step up from the cart path onto grass. I did take it at a slight angle, which I should have known better, but still didn't expect it to crash on me.

Anyone use the Motocaddy sand bottle? If so, where does it connect to? The website doesn't have much information on it.
Mine sits where the scorecard holder used to be.

Back