Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

how often do you grease your axels? How do you know when to do it and how do you do it? Thanks
Look up one post about how often in my quote to you :p

I’m not sure how often you’re “supposed” to do it but you’ll eventually feel the wheels not slide on as easily after a certain point. I try to avoid getting to that point and just do two months. And I just apply it directly from the can and put the wheels on and off a couple times to get it in the wheel socket too. Pretty simple

Was doing a full clean of the cart and just wanted to show a bit of what gets under the bottom cover. I’ve seen it much worse than this, but you get the idea.

IMG_3109.jpegIMG_3110.jpeg

Hot damn. I need to get in there and clean that out on mine

It’s pretty darn easy with a drill. Just about 10 screws or so. Not difficult with a screwdriver, but a 3 minute job turns into about 10 minutes.

It’s pretty darn easy with a drill. Just about 10 screws or so. Not difficult with a screwdriver, but a 3 minute job turns into about 10 minutes.
I just cleaned mine this weekend. Had every plan to take the cover off but only have one of those screwdrivers where you change tips. Couldn’t get some of the screws out so I passed. But seeing it be that dirty, I’ll have to snag a long screwdriver and get it cleaned

Was doing a full clean of the cart and just wanted to show a bit of what gets under the bottom cover. I’ve seen it much worse than this, but you get the idea.
Wow! I really gotta give mine a cleaning. It's going on 1 1/2 years.

Lot of good info in this thread, but if there are any unanswered questions please feel free to fire away. Especially if you are shopping for yourself or others for the upcoming holiday season. Not sure you can find a single golf accessory purchase more transformative than this one to your enjoyment of the game.

Lot of good info in this thread, but if there are any unanswered questions please feel free to fire away. Especially if you are shopping for yourself or others for the upcoming holiday season. Not sure you can find a single golf accessory purchase more transformative than this one to your enjoyment of the game.
Can't agree more on the Holiday Season Gift.
Took mine out on Friday with a couple of Senior Golfers that had not see it before.
They were just amazed by the ease of operation and the GPS Blew their minds.
They asked me about battery usage and I was able to show them that after a long 18 holes, the cart battery had a 58% charge left
One actually lifted up in his car to see it he could do it.

That bolded statement is exactly what I have been trying to tell anyone who asks when I play. And I did so again this past Saturday - on the good side, it was the least painful round in the last 2 months, I paid for it all Sunday AM but that's ok.

I tell them there is not an equipment purchase in your bag that will make you enjoy the game more than an electric cart so you can walk unencumbered.

I still believe that there is more wear and tear on the body from constant up and downs into and out of the cart versus just walking along. That said, I play mostly flat courses now and that also makes a difference.

I still believe that there is more wear and tear on the body from constant up and downs into and out of the cart versus just walking along. That said, I play mostly flat courses now and that also makes a difference.
Last year I fought some back flare-ups. I 100% agree that simply walking was easier than the up and down into a person cart.

Last year I fought some back flare-ups. I 100% agree that simply walking was easier than the up and down into a person cart.
That is part of it, but knees and hips too. I figure the average player gets up or down 150 times a round. I seldom have back issues now, lost weight and got in shape (strengthened core and lower back), but still the unexpected bumps, and occasional quick start that jerks the neck/back (does that happen much anymore?) and the overall up/downs. Ugh, I try to walk any round under 100 degrees - as long as it's flat.

My issue now is knee related, and walking less troublesome - again until the next day and sometimes last couple holes. But, I persevere - it;s how I was raised. I see Ortho tomorrow to discuss knee replacement.

I know cleaning has been mentioned in here before, but what’s your process?

I take the wheels and wheelie bar off and spray with a hose. Then basically wipe down everything else as best that I can with a wet rag. If I’m feeling fancy, then I’ll use the shop vac with the brush attachment to get the tougher spots. I’ll also hit the area of the front wheels with a hose as well since that area seems to accumulate the most dirt. Then grease the axles and put it back together.

Side note, but does anyone have any tips to make the phone holder not suck? I may try and shim it a little bit to make it fit a bit tighter once it’s in the holster. Mikeg and I always talk about how bad it is.

Side note, but does anyone have any tips to make the phone holder not suck? I may try and shim it a little bit to make it fit a bit tighter once it’s in the holster. Mikeg and I always talk about how bad it is.
The MGI ZIP phone holder has rubber strips on the holder that go over the lip of my iPhone and lock it in. Is the Motocaddy holder a different design? The photo looks similar.

The MGI ZIP phone holder has rubber strips on the holder that go over the lip of my iPhone and lock it in. Is the Motocaddy holder a different design? The photo looks similar.
It grips the phone on the sides of it. However, as the cart bumps along the fairway, my phone constantly moves position and also falls out of the cradle once or twice a round. Also, the phone slides along the holster quite a bit throughout the round.

It grips the phone on the sides of it. However, as the cart bumps along the fairway, my phone constantly moves position and also falls out of the cradle once or twice a round. Also, the phone slides along the holster quite a bit throughout the round.
I gave up trying to get it to work having the same experience

Took advantage of the mid 60 degree temperatures we had this weekend and got out for 7 holes. Played 1-5, and 10-11 at my club, so about the same walk as a full 9.

After playing a round and charging the battery for an hour afterwards, and storing the battery indoors for winter (this procedure is in their battery care instructions), I charged up the battery about a week ago and had it ready to go. After I had wrapped up my play, the battery meter was still showing full. This is a great sign for the longevity of the lithium battery.

We had a lot of wind, and some big gusts. Just like a sailboat, cross winds were affecting the steering. No surprise there. The course was very wet, and I didn't really have any issues with traction. The wheels were kicking up some water, and the motor didn't seem to be affected by a little bit of moisture.

The remote battery held its charge over the winter. I haven't charged it yet, but I will be doing so before I get out again.

Such a solid, solid product, the M7 is.
So I'm looking into Winterizing my M7 GPS Electric Caddy and searched under "Winter" (No Skimming for me!!) and came upon this post.
Based on the instructions, it looks like MotoCaddy is asking to have the battery recharged every 2 months whether you use it or not.
I couldn't find anywhere where it was noted to store the battery inside (Could have "Skimmed" over that though);

Recommendations for hibernation of Lithium Batteries during winter months
If for any reason your Lithium battery is not going to be used for lengthy periods, e.g. 3-months over the winter, the battery should be stored fully charged. Before the battery is used again, recharge it (top it up) prior to use. The battery must not be left for longer than 2-months without charging as this could invalidate your warranty. We recognise that extended absences are not always planned in advance, however when it is likely that you will not be using your battery for a period of time it is good practice to follow these steps to extend the life of your Lithium battery. Always recharge as soon as possible after finishing your round, regardless of the number of holes played - ideally within 12 hours. Leaving batteries uncharged for extended periods may reduce capacity and could pose a significant safety risk which could result in fire when the battery is charged. Batteries should always be fully charged prior to storing for long periods. Please ensure that the charger is ALWAYS disconnected from the battery after charging.

Was wondering what those who have the M7 Electric Caddy did to their battery for the winter?

So I'm looking into Winterizing my M7 GPS Electric Caddy and searched under "Winter" (No Skimming for me!!) and came upon this post.
Based on the instructions, it looks like MotoCaddy is asking to have the battery recharged every 2 months whether you use it or not.
I couldn't find anywhere where it was noted to store the battery inside (Could have "Skimmed" over that though);

If for any reason your Lithium battery is not going to be used for lengthy periods, e.g. 3-months over the winter, the battery should be stored fully charged. Before the battery is used again, recharge it (top it up) prior to use. The battery must not be left for longer than 2-months without charging as this could invalidate your warranty. We recognise that extended absences are not always planned in advance, however when it is likely that you will not be using your battery for a period of time it is good practice to follow these steps to extend the life of your Lithium battery. Always recharge as soon as possible after finishing your round, regardless of the number of holes played - ideally within 12 hours. Leaving batteries uncharged for extended periods may reduce capacity and could pose a significant safety risk which could result in fire when the battery is charged. Batteries should always be fully charged prior to storing for long periods. Please ensure that the charger is ALWAYS disconnected from the battery after charging.

Was wondering what those who have the M7 Electric Caddy did to their battery for the winter?
Set an alarm to charge it in two months in case I didn't skip out to play.

Maybe they updated their instructions. This was from the printed (and findable on the web) M7 instructions in 2021:

1697813313683.png

If for any reason your Lithium battery is not going to be used for lengthy periods, e.g. 3 months over the winter, it is advised tostore the battery half charged. To do this simply use the battery for a round of golf as usual and charge it for 1.5 hours at the endof the round. Before the battery is used again, recharge it (top it up) prior to use.We recognise that extended absences are not always planned in advance, however when it is likely that you will not be using yourbattery for a period of time it is good practice to follow these steps to extend the life of your Lithium battery. Please ensure that thecharger is ALWAYS disconnected from the battery after charging.

how often do you grease your axels? How do you know when to do it and how do you do it? Thanks
Wait You are supposed to grease them?? I am going on 2 years without doing this. :ROFLMAO:

Wait You are supposed to grease them?? I am going on 2 years without doing this. :ROFLMAO:
Just some white lithium based grease on the axles. Helps keep the wheels from getting stuck on them.

With the battery talk, I'll add that I am well past my 24 month battery warranty, but the charge it holds is still great. About 60 full rounds (combination of 9s and full 18s) over the course of ownership.

I played 18 last week walking, and didn't charge the battery afterwards. I walked another 18 this week, and still had plenty of charge left after I was done. One thing I noticed late in the round was the battery meter would go down to 1 bar when going up some of our steeper hills, but would pop back to 2 when flattening out. Not a big surprise as the power needed to get up the hills is greater.

Back