L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

Seems as though "Mr Pushup," Camilo Villegas likes the switch to the MEZZ (y)

Not what I really needed but did order another mezz max this morning. Platinum broomstick, really curious to see how this will work

I'm considering a Mezz Max. For you guys who own these... does an upgraded shaft make much of a difference or is the stock shaft good enough? The price is already getting up there so just wondering.

Also, what about the grip? I like both of the Press II 1.5 degree grips. Sort of torn between the smooth and textured. Both look great, but really like the black and white combo of the smooth grip. However, zooming in on the pic, I'm thinking that the textured grip might feel better in my hands. Thoughts?

I'm considering a Mezz Max. For you guys who own these... does an upgraded shaft make much of a difference or is the stock shaft good enough? The price is already getting up there so just wondering.

Also, what about the grip? I like both of the Press II 1.5 degree grips. Sort of torn between the smooth and textured. Both look great, but really like the black and white combo of the smooth grip. However, zooming in on the pic, I'm thinking that the textured grip might feel better in my hands. Thoughts?
For me the tpt was night and day from stock...but I'm sure the less expensive upgrade is so totally worth it..

I personally like the texture and didn't want to worry about getting the white on the grip dirty

I got @BB Fan Girl a mezzo max. The textured grip I like better for sure. I went with th esmoothand next one will be the textured. We both went with the Accra shaft and have zero complaints. I was able to try them all before purchase and liked the Accra and felt the price was worth it.

I went with the standard steel shaft to start with and decided to send it back and go with the Accra. The head feels softer with the Accra and is a bit quieter if that makes sense? For me the upgrade was worth it. I went with the smooth 1.5 and like it but may lean toward the textured if ever replace it

I have really been enjoying the mezz max standard putter and look forward to testing the broomstick mezz max which is supposed to be delivered today.

I recently received my Mezz Max Counterbalanced. I also was gaming the Jailbird 380 prior and really like how the counterbalance worked with my stroke. Really felt it improved my distance control and helped get putts online better. My Mezz is 38.5 standard weight and has the same grip as the Jailbird (Super Stoke Znergy 17"). I really like the Mezz version of the counterbalance better than the JB. They really got all the counter balanced principal right with this one.

This should be fun, I have never tried a broomstick before

Attachments

• IMG_8177.jpeg
    IMG_8177.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8178.jpeg
    IMG_8178.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8176.jpeg
    IMG_8176.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 20
Mine arrives Weds. I got the black head with black Accra shaft and the pistol grip. Got the remote fitting so I should be dialed in. It's winter season golf here so the greens are usually not in great shape at most courses but I hope to get it out at least once before snow actually stays on the ground.

Mine arrives Weds. I got the black head with black Accra shaft and the pistol grip. Got the remote fitting so I should be dialed in. It's winter season golf here so the greens are usually not in great shape at most courses but I hope to get it out at least once before snow actually stays on the ground.
We must’ve ordered on the same day! Mine will be here Wednesday as well. Same specs as you except for the grip. Looking forward to this.

We must’ve ordered on the same day! Mine will be here Wednesday as well. Same specs as you except for the grip. Looking forward to this.
FedEx tracking actually says Sunday now but I won't be able to use it until probably Weds anyway. I'll be carpet rolling I guess.

I was watching the Loggerhead Golf YouTube channel, they said the number one putter they sold this year was a LAB MEZZ putter. 😳

I love the mezz max and really look forward to the showdown between it and the mezz max broomstick 🧹

I was able to get this out. I had a few adjustment holes then i was super comfortable with it. Lag and short putts seemed really solid. I drained a 35+ foot Putt. While I won't attribute it all to the Mezz Max, it was a nice feeling.

The more I play around with the broomstick the more comfortable I am getting. Starting the ball online was never an issue but I think the extra weight was throwing off my distance control

The more I play around with the broomstick the more comfortable I am getting. Starting the ball online was never an issue but I think the extra weight was throwing off my distance control
Really would like to give a broomstick a try one of these days. I couldn’t get my head wrapped around armlock but this seems like something I could get more comfortable with.

Reactions: MH
Really would like to give a broomstick a try one of these days. I couldn’t get my head wrapped around armlock but this seems like something I could get more comfortable with.
The more I play with the broomstick the more I like it, I may just look to sell my standard mezz max and take away the urge to switch all the time. The extra weight of the head makes the broomstick max feel more solid

I'm getting my putting set-up finished again. I did a bit of practice and comparison the other day and the Mezz max is still head and shoulders better than my previous models. While I can still make putts with the others the consistency of the LAB is tough to beat.

I was watching the Loggerhead Golf YouTube channel, they said the number one putter they sold this year was a LAB MEZZ putter. 😳
Club champion also said the same!!

As for my thoughts...

THIS THING IS AMAZING! I played a money match first time out with it and I made everything inside 6ft which literally never happens for me. I missed a few 8-10 footers simply because I just didn't give it enough juice with the fuzzy winter greens. I missed making a 60 footer from off the green by 2 inches.

The thing just swings itself. I don't even put my thumbs on the grip really, just cradle it almost and rock it back like a pendulum. The one adjustment I feel like I need to make is i might need to have a slightly longer backswing relative to my old lighter blade putters

A couple more sim rounds with the mezz max broomstick and I am thinking it’s going to be a real weapon on the course. Just so easy to start on the intended line. I understand the real test will be on a real green but at this point I am very optimistic

They had these on the floor at GG when I was there the other day. I know they need to get them in stores, but it is odd to see such a fitting-dependent putter on the rack like that.

Anyway, I think I liked it quite a bit. The only thing is it felt like either the face was open at address or I wanted to set it open. Could just be getting used to the odd placement of the shaft.

They had these on the floor at GG when I was there the other day. I know they need to get them in stores, but it is odd to see such a fitting-dependent putter on the rack like that.

Anyway, I think I liked it quite a bit. The only thing is it felt like either the face was open at address or I wanted to set it open. Could just be getting used to the odd placement of the shaft.
the right miss was the thing that kind of took me a little to adjust too. It is interesting that they are floor models when getting one fit, even just by sending in a video, plays a big role. The one Dicks near me has a bunch of them which is cool to see.

I noticed they came out with a new Pistol press grip, which interests me a bit.

the right miss was the thing that kind of took me a little to adjust too. It is interesting that they are floor models when getting one fit, even just by sending in a video, plays a big role. The one Dicks near me has a bunch of them which is cool to see.

I noticed they came out with a new Pistol press grip, which interests me a bit.
Was it a setup thing for you? I just felt like it was wide open when I set it down. Felt great, smooth through the stroke, and the roll was solid.

Was it a setup thing for you? I just felt like it was wide open when I set it down. Felt great, smooth through the stroke, and the roll was solid.
I felt like it messed with my eyes a bit with how the shaft goes down into the head, and I just couldn't tell when that leading edge was squared up.

IF I were to ever do a custom one again, I'd go with this alignment system on it. Just to give me something else to look at. When I placed my order, I went with the thick black line.

1706716937394.png

Back