L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Does your putter work for you? That was one question I constantly came across on various social media platforms this summer, which apparently, is a common outcome when one spends an exorbitant amount of time looking up different putting tips. As for the original question, it is something that L.A.B. Golf focuses on as they demonstrate that their lie angle balanced putters work in your favor, whereas other putters on the market do not.

Continue reading...

I’m pretty fascinated by this. The price is a thing, though I suppose it’s not that different than a driver and you’ll use it longer and more often.

I see something like this that is so different and can’t help but think it needs to be in stores for people to try. The fitting aspect is obviously going to add some complexity there, but it’s such a leap of faith to make the jump.

Really interesting read and something that kind of jumps out at you. I kind of like the industrial and less refined look personally, but think the fitting aspect adds both confusion and positivity to the entire dynamic of a purchase like this.

Great write-up @ddec! The more times I see this the more it grows on me. Did you track any putting stats with it during your review?

Great write up @ddec! After my studying this year lie angle balance, a forward CG and weight balance are key to making a consistent putting stroke out of somebody who is inconsistent at controlling the putter head at impact.

I have the MEZZ.1 prototype & have loved it! It's been a long time since I've holed as many putts as I have with this thing. It's a "point & shoot" type of putter. Pick the line & speed, then just let the putter do the work ... stays stable the entire time. Putts are burning edges, if not going in. It just comes down to my green reading & ability to pick the right line & speed. I have the utmost confidence that I'm going to make everything I stand over, even if I run it past 3 feet, I know I'm going to make that come backer. I used to struggle on the greens before, very inconsistent. Not anymore with the MEZZ. I haven't had a 3 putt in the last 4 rounds. That's saying something in my mind.

Nice job, Dean. I understand and appreciate the concept but don’t think I could ever “love” looking down at that putter head.

Great write up @ddec ! I’m very curious about LAB Golf putters. How long was the adjustment period? Minutes? Or Days? The fitting video is interesting. Do you believe it was accurate or do you wish you would have done an in person fitting? Is this putter still in the bag?

• Staff
Ok guys crazy morning here…but I feel like I’m up for questions…

I’m pretty fascinated by this. The price is a thing, though I suppose it’s not that different than a driver and you’ll use it longer and more often.

I see something like this that is so different and can’t help but think it needs to be in stores for people to try. The fitting aspect is obviously going to add some complexity there, but it’s such a leap of faith to make the jump.

I think it’s very much a leap of faith product. Probably made for lost souls on the greens like me. The only thing I would worry about in stores is that if you are playing with something that’s just so off on the fit, and it doesn’t seem to work, are you ever going to look that direction again for a putter?

I think it’s very much a leap of faith product. Probably made for lost souls on the greens like me. The only thing I would worry about in stores is that if you are playing with something that’s just so off on the fit, and it doesn’t seem to work, are you ever going to look that direction again for a putter?

Yea. That’s definitely the biggest roadblock. Perfect product for a place like CC maybe?

Nice job, Dean. I understand and appreciate the concept but don’t think I could ever “love” looking down at that putter head.

Haha like I said in the article…there’s a lot going on.

Yea. That’s definitely the biggest roadblock. Perfect product for a place like CC maybe?

I would think a fitting studio like that would be a strong partnership.

Great write up @ddec ! I’m very curious about LAB Golf putters. How long was the adjustment period? Minutes? Or Days? The fitting video is interesting. Do you believe it was accurate or do you wish you would have done an in person fitting? Is this putter still in the bag?

i rolled some putts on my Truline Big Murph in the basement when it came and then straight to the course with it. My struggles were getting it on my target line. Early in the round everything was right, then left. The last 7-8 holes of that round I was in a groove.

added some practice in my basement between that round and then next round out was pretty strong.

Going to stick with this for awhile?

I think I am honestly. More so out of curiosity to see if this feeling hangs on for some time.

Always know what to expect from @ddec Perfection, or close to it. I gotta say I love my putter. But this review makes me wonder if maybe I could do even better. Didn't think that was possible. Hmmm A custom appointment may be in my future.

forgot to mention the fitting part.
In person putter fittings in my past have recommended 68 degrees. This virtual one they recommended 68.5. I would say that is pretty accurate.

The day I got my Mezz was the day all other putters died in my eyes! I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Putting without fighting torque feels amazing. There’s zero struggle, zero redirecting my putter.

I am interested in the Mezz Max. Really wish I could find one to roll.

I am a DF 2.1 owner. The shape and size actually does not bother me. It’s the MOST stable putter I’ve ever held and virtually swings itself. I mean, get it going but the weighting and shape does the rest. Most expensive piece of golf equipment I’ve ever bought. DF2.1 with BST shaft and even the American flag head over.
That said I accidentally just stepped on the shaft in the back of my truck. Snapped right where the graphite and metal meet. $250 fix or LAB said they would help me out on another one.

So now I’m trying to decide to go right back with another df2.1 or Mezz max. The Mezz obviously looks better and less, “whoa!” But I just can’t imagine it is easier to swing than the DF2.1?

Have you Mezzers tried the DF2.1?

I am interested in the Mezz Max. Really wish I could find one to roll.

I am a DF 2.1 owner. The shape and size actually does not bother me. It’s the MOST stable putter I’ve ever held and virtually swings itself. I mean, get it going but the weighting and shape does the rest. Most expensive piece of golf equipment I’ve ever bought. DF2.1 with BST shaft and even the American flag head over.
That said I accidentally just stepped on the shaft in the back of my truck. Snapped right where the graphite and metal meet. $250 fix or LAB said they would help me out on another one.

So now I’m trying to decide to go right back with another df2.1 or Mezz max. The Mezz obviously looks better and less, “whoa!” But I just can’t imagine it is easier to swing than the DF2.1?

Have you Mezzers tried the DF2.1?

I haven’t swung a DD2.1. But I am with you in the stability factor that LAB produces.

Really do wish it was easier to try these. Or a demo program like irons.

Really do wish it was easier to try these. Or a demo program like irons.

a demo program would be interesting. Because like @Hawk mentioned, without a demo it’s a big leap of faith.

I do think if there was one change I would make to my setup it would be to have this alignment vs the thick black line I have.
47432422-5B3D-4CDB-AA24-47518BBEBD48.jpeg

If I don’t get to see or hold or hit the Mezz Max, my Leap of Faith will be in another 2.1. I’m headed to Atlanta the first week of December and will likely wait to see if PGA superstore has any Mezz Max in stock. I know they’ll have 2.1.

Back