Does anyone own a 4xe? I test drove two of them and am seriously considering ordering one. But I keep hearing of some problems the 4xe is having.

Does anyone own a 4xe? I test drove two of them and am seriously considering ordering one. But I keep hearing of some problems the 4xe is having.
I've only seen 1 in the wild, but the few groups I'm in on facebook, I don't see too many posting about them. But I know the gladiators have had issues in the first 2 years the more I have read, but usually when a new vehicle comes out or is rereleased, there is usually kinks to work out in the first couple mods.

Anyone with a 2018+ JLU or JT switched out your halogen DRL/TS lights for led bulbs? Trying to find what size bulbs they are so I can switch them once it comes in.

Well, Fathom has arrived. Wife picked it up for me today while I’m in Virginia for the Navy. Now only another week and a half before I get to drive it!
E8030E88-7F5D-41E1-A121-AA412FB75193.jpegC5DF397D-2393-4DB1-9391-CEE263D767DC.jpeg

Got some mods done today!
75F8A6D9-CD27-4B12-A86B-C1B0093F172B.jpeg522B1A7D-6C46-4D3F-A845-D8FA4DD97964.jpegDA27C467-AF47-4C91-962D-8D44A949199B.jpegF3A539D8-79CB-4C90-B135-833422C90E7C.jpeg8B1D9A3D-2459-4BC6-9504-4B7471699C53.jpeg0BCCF24F-1132-475F-9C18-F6D51499EAB7.jpeg

So I added some American Flag Fender Vent decals, a Callaway decal and, rearview vent mirrors to make my Gladiator street legal with the doors off this weekend. But I'm fixing to take Fathom in for his first trip to the service dept!!! A little annoyed but I'm getting a small popping/ticking when turning from the front end when turning at slow speeds (think like through a parking lot). Did some research and called and the service guy confirmed that they have fixed this issue on other Gladiatiors. They are coming from the factory with the castle nut and upper control arm bolts not torqued to spec. Service guy said it will take like 20-30 mins to fix and all the research I did said that everyone that had this problem had the same thing done and it is fixed. I mean, glad it's an easy fix, but still annoying. Only 3000 miles on it and already back at the service dept. I guess that's part of the life of having a jeep though. But other good news, motorcycle is up for sale and hopefully have it sold within the next few days. Upon selling I will be ordering new 18x9 wheels (pictured below), new tires 295/70r18 AT3W Falken Wildpeaks, new bed cover (pictured below), running boards (pictured below) and a 2" Mopar lift for the wife's Sahara. All big mods will be done on the Gladiator after these, so just smaller cosmetic ones left after this, like bumpers, led bar light for above window, etc. Also building a door hanger in my garage for my doors since my wife has the other one and I just don't have the room for another one of the floor ones. If it works out, I may see if I can figure out another place to build another so she can hang her doors as well instead of putting them on the rolling holder.
1651682091768.png1651682159290.png
1651682195236.png

Last edited:
I need to find me a steel Rubi bumper so I can take the ends off and it be a stubby.
That was the first thing I did when I got home after receiving my JLUR. Have you hit up wranglerforum.com or JLwranglerforums.com? I'm always seeing takeoffs ending up in the trade/sell/buy sections.

That was the first thing I did when I got home after receiving my JLUR. Have you hit up wranglerforum.com or JLwranglerforums.com? I'm always seeing takeoffs ending up in the trade/sell/buy sections.
I'm on wranglerforum.com, but not the other. I haven't looked a ton for them yet as that mod is one that can wait. I don't dislike the bumper that's on my gladiator now but would prefer a stubby eventually.

I'm on wranglerforum.com, but not the other. I haven't looked a ton for them yet as that mod is one that can wait. I don't dislike the bumper that's on my gladiator now but would prefer a stubby eventually.
jeepgladiatorforum.com is a sister site to jlwranglerforums.com, being that between the JL and JT there's a lot of interchangeable parts, I troll them all to keep an eye on things.

Pulling an audible on wheels and tires. Going a tad smaller and a different setup. Amazon is just awesome! Saving a descent amount of money too by going this route. Only downside is I will have to take everything to a tire shop and have my tpms sensors pulled from my old wheels and tires and have everything put together. I have looked at wheels and tires until I'm blue in the face and think I have come to a decision.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers 287/70r17 and Rock Trix 17x9 +12 offest. I have had issues with machined wheels in the past with them corroding after a year or so, so going away from it. I watched a video of a black gladiator with this setup, no lift and I think it looks fantastic! plus my mpg will thank me.
Jeep Gladiator Gets SWEET New Wheels & Tires! // Budget Build PT. 3 - YouTube

1651772407220.png

Love the Nitro RGs, great choice, I ran them for a long time. Recently I shifted to a bit more aggressive tread on my rubi and went with Mickey T MTZ P3s as I tend to find myself off-road more often than not. They've held up surprisingly well on the road though considering it's also my daily driver.

Pulling an audible on wheels and tires. Going a tad smaller and a different setup. Amazon is just awesome! Saving a descent amount of money too by going this route. Only downside is I will have to take everything to a tire shop and have my tpms sensors pulled from my old wheels and tires and have everything put together. I have looked at wheels and tires until I'm blue in the face and think I have come to a decision.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers 287/70r17 and Rock Trix 17x9 +12 offest. I have had issues with machined wheels in the past with them corroding after a year or so, so going away from it. I watched a video of a black gladiator with this setup, no lift and I think it looks fantastic! plus my mpg will thank me.
Jeep Gladiator Gets SWEET New Wheels & Tires! // Budget Build PT. 3 - YouTube

View attachment 9085922
Those are nice looking wheels.
You will have to recalibrate the speedometer I assume?

Love the Nitro RGs, great choice, I ran them for a long time. Recently I shifted to a bit more aggressive tread on my rubi and went with Mickey T MTZ P3s as I tend to find myself off-road more often than not. They've held up surprisingly well on the road though considering it's also my daily driver.
I had the RGs on my titan some time ago and they held up great and got A LOT of miles out of them surprisingly. I just need my dang bike to sell so I can order all my mods lol

Those are nice looking wheels.
You will have to recalibrate the speedometer I assume?
yes eventually. I used a calculator and it's about a 3 mph difference at 80 mph, so nothing drastic.

yes eventually. I used a calculator and it's about a 3 mph difference at 80 mph, so nothing drastic.
Just download Speed Box to your phone. Super accurate..

I had the RGs on my titan some time ago and they held up great and got A LOT of miles out of them surprisingly. I just need my dang bike to sell so I can order all my mods lol
Those look pretty good. I may have to check them out when I get new tires next year. I have the BFG K02 AT's that mine came with. I'm at about 64K miles but should be able to get to 75K as they still have decent tread left.

Those look pretty good. I may have to check them out when I get new tires next year. I have the BFG K02 AT's that mine came with. I'm at about 64K miles but should be able to get to 75K as they still have decent tread left.
I wanna say I got like 70k out of my RGs and that was on a Nissan Titan, so with the Gladiator being a lot lighter, I would think I should get pretty close to the same or a little more. I know some don't like road noise, but I loved the hum that these put out. they aren't quiet by any means, but I've heard some loud ones haha.

I wanna say I got like 70k out of my RGs and that was on a Nissan Titan, so with the Gladiator being a lot lighter, I would think I should get pretty close to the same or a little more. I know some don't like road noise, but I loved the hum that these put out. they aren't quiet by any means, but I've heard some loud ones haha.
Yeah mine aren't too bad on road noise either but you can hear them some. Was just looking at prices and it won't be fun haha. Looking at about $1800-$1900 for just the normal stock size.

Yeah mine aren't too bad on road noise either but you can hear them some. Was just looking at prices and it won't be fun haha. Looking at about $1800-$1900 for just the normal stock size.
yeah they aren't cheap but Amazon has them on sale right now. That's why I want my bike to sell quick. I'd bite the bullet, but don't really want to pull from savings for this type of stuff when it will be nothing out of pocket if I hold till it sells. throw the bed cover and side steps in and it's adding up.

Always wanted a Willys wagon and bought a restomod ‘61 a few years ago. It has been a fun ride but has proven to be less useful than I thought it would be and I’ve got it up for sale now.

35D788CE-B156-455F-BAA5-BDC3754BD22F.jpeg3A440A20-68FE-4A74-8D84-E77931826636.jpeg8C97522D-BB29-4440-832D-6FE65B2F3779.jpeg872CEB61-2B75-4A6E-90D2-C12083CB439F.jpeg

Attachments

• 486E12AC-641E-4198-902E-F8D5EB8DF484.jpeg
    486E12AC-641E-4198-902E-F8D5EB8DF484.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 5
Well, bike sold, so as soon as the check fully deposits into the bank, it's time for wheels & tires, side steps and bed cover. Oh and going to get some UST iron shafts too. :devilish::devilish:

Back