It's the Gethering for me in '23!

A wee bit foggy this morning.

IMG_0456.jpeg

Hit them well fellas!!! I think I flew over Valdosta this morning.

Are you guys having any inside matches? Or just playing your own?

Kulbick eagles 7!!

Through 15
IMG_0458.jpeg

The Gethering is coming to an end for this year. There’s talk about next year building it back up with more players. Lots of fun. Beautiful course. See y’all next year.

IMG_0459.jpeg

The "winner" this weekend is @adwillingham

There is no set criteria, but he hit a lot of good shots today and bettered his score from yesterday. He also drove a long way, and tried to sneak out early to avoid the awards presentation. Close, but not fast enough .

20231029_131446.jpg20231029_131505.jpg

I have every intention of making it to the next one. Looked like a great weekend.

I have every intention of making it to the next one. Looked like a great weekend.
Barring a major health issue or homelessness, I will not miss this in '24!

The big bird has landed! Way to go @Greg Kulbick

View attachment 9217489
We're gonna need some details. Did he drive the green or hole out a short pitch? For those not familiar, here are a couple of photos of the 7th; it's a short-ish par 4 at 364 from the tips, but there is a lot of trouble lurking short of the green.
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG
Regardless of how it was accomplished, nice work @Greg Kulbick!

I drove the green to about ten feet. Flag was on the right and it just snuck past the greenside bunker and up the slope. Probably 275ish, all because @DannyLe

Just pulled in at the house. I had a great time this weekend gents, and I hope everyone made it/is making it home uneventfully.

Just got home, already looking forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will there be a Spring Gethering or only fall?

I just got home. Two accidents causing a traffic jam, and a rest stop for dinner made this the longest drive home to date.

Had a great time with everyone. Hopefully next year we get more participants. It’s seriously one of the best weekends with friends. A great time from the moment you get there until you leave. Don’t miss out.

Back