It's the Gethering for me in '23!

Paladin

Otter be golfing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It's that time of year again for our Floridians, Georgians, and others in the greater Southland to start preparing for this year's pilgrimage to Valdosta where we will once again be done in by the ever-amazing Kinderlou Forest GC, along with the usual spate of shenanigans.

Dates: October 27-29 2023
Cost: $260 for lodging and two rounds.
Who: As many THPers and pals as we can!
What: Two stellar rounds at Kinderlou, trash talking about college football, steaks if we can get to the butcher on time, and ten-layer cake.

Tagging @T0AD and @Greg Kulbick to start spreading the word. Also tagging @adwillingham to finally follow through on making it out this year because I haven't played golf with him since 2015 and that needs to change.

Dudes attending:
@Paladin
@BigDill
@T0AD
@Greg Kulbick
@sunshine
@adwillingham
@Sox_Fan (lodging elsewhere)
@Tee1Up (Saturday only)
@Browndog

Dudes to harass until they agree to attend (send me DMs or just tag a buddy):
@Hibs
@Jeff Spicoli
@Junkyard
@Canadan
@outlawx
@MGoBlue

Last edited:
You have me on the wrong list @Paladin

I’ll be on the Dudes Attending side of the ledger. I’ll bring sarcastic attempts at humor, no promises on capable golf shots.

VERY interested in seeing you gents again

Put me on the dudes attending list. No chance I will miss the full weekend of festivities again. I can probably get a buddy from work to come also. He is a trash talking master.

Glad to see me on that bug the **** out of list! Pencil me in…

Hard ponder

I'm very interested. It's like a billion hours from Ohio, but I'll slowly make my way through the potential avenues in which i can make this work.

Mark me down in the "misses Hibler" category.

I'm very interested. It's like a billion hours from Ohio, but I'll slowly make my way through the potential avenues in which i can make this work.

I mean I’ll be there…

Dates: October 27-29 2023
Cost: Exact cost TBD, will update
Who: As many THPers and pals as we can!
What: Two stellar rounds at Kinderlou, trash talking about college football, steaks if we can get to the butcher on time, and ten-layer cake.

Tagging @T0AD and @Greg Kulbick to start spreading the word. Also tagging @adwillingham to finally follow through on making it out this year because I haven't played golf with him since 2015 and that needs to change.
OK, first, great tagline.
2nd. That's way more names I'd imagined seeing at this point. :oops:
Third. We may run out of beds and I ain't sharing with Greg.
Finally, we all know that even the closets are big enough to camp in, so bring it on!!! (It only drives the per night per person $ down)

Dude, it'd be stellar to see you again. Oh, and they have these things that will wisk you around above the highways and you could be here in a couple hours.
Besides, if you haven't seen it, you'll LOVE the Lou. It's literally one of the biggest hidden gems in Georgia, maybe the southeast.

You have me on the wrong list @Paladin

I’ll be on the Dudes Attending side of the ledger. I’ll bring sarcastic attempts at humor, no promises on capable golf shots.
THIS is big. Haven't had a Donne sighting in a while.

Last edited:
Very interested, but wont be able to commit until I know cost and what daughter's travel ball schedule will be.

:wavey:
see ya in the deep south.

OK, first, great tagline.
2nd. That's way more names I'd imagined seeing at this point. :oops:
Third. We may run out of beds and I ain't sharing with Greg.
Finally, we all know that even the closets are big enough to camp in, so bring it on!!! (It only drives the per night per person $ down)

Dude, it'd be stellar to see you again. Oh, and they have these things that will wisk you around above the highways and you could be here in a couple hours.
Besides, if you haven't seen it, you'll LOVE the Lou. It's literally one of the biggest hidden gems in Georgia, maybe the southeast.

THIS is big. Haven't had a Donne sighting in a while.
Once I got down the guys who committed from the '22 thread, plus the guys I know are in, the list grew pretty quickly. I wonder what their policy is on tents in the backyard/fourth green.

Maybe auction off beds and put money towards more ridiculous trophies?

First post updated to reflect cost. This is an amazing deal for this course and condo.

Screenshot_20230808_112650_Maps.jpg

Hmmmm, my calendar says I'm free as of right meow.

First post updated to reflect cost. This is an amazing deal for this course and condo.

Even though it is $30 more than it was 4 or 5 months ago when I checked into it for a buddy for a June outing, it is still a great deal!

My plan right now is to come down for the Saturday round and hang out for a bit afterwards, but not spend the night.

If old physically damaged people are allowed, I am waiting on my social director to ok this trip. Will let you all know something in the next couple days.

Back