Is Golf A Sport?

• YES!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
I'm sorry about this one getting out of hand TC/JB. I really had no idea people would get so passionate one way of the other. I thought It was an interesting topic.

it is an interesting topic clay, but it's hard to keep emotions and whatnot under wraps sometimes. No need to apologize man.

it is an interesting topic clay, but it's hard to keep emotions and whatnot under wraps sometimes. No need to apologize man.

I just hated that it was MY thread that started all of this. Feel free to shut it down. You guys run this site! :)

I just hated that it was MY thread that started all of this. Feel free to shut it down. You guys run this site! :)

It's not a big deal buddy, it's really not. I figure if it needs to be shut down then JB can do it, he's been around all day.

this thread had to break some kinda record for posts not being a contest thread making it more epic
i think it rivals the threads that popped up during tigers controversy

It's not a big deal buddy, it's really not. I figure if it needs to be shut down then JB can do it, he's been around all day.

ok, no problem

Of course it's a sport, and I thought that everyone on here would agree, apparently not...

Oh, and do you think that it is just a little biased that you are asking on a golf forum? Haha

Just so everyone knows, I'm not racist.

Spoiler
I have a colour tv.

All jokes aside, Im really not a racist.

Wow. 'nuff said

other than I need to get a doctarate I guess

The funniest part is I dont think mods really got involved until after us sheep were well into it. I'd beat a deadhorse but Im on tapatalk.

To recap what Im taking away:

1. Clay is a genious
2. David Ortiz is the best athlete ever
3. Albert Haynesworth is even better
4. Golf isnt a sport
5. Golf is a skill
6. Golf is back to a sport
7. Mother nature is weak
8. We defined "tee it up"
9. JN and I believe tiger fish are real
10. Gus is also a genious
11. Im pleading the fifth on the first
12. One T is really Jeff Overton
13. Hawk is still funny when he gets angry
14. Success
15. Russ loves the L word.
16. Ole Gray likes beer
17. Canadians are real
18. Golf is a sport to some and not others. But everyone can agree we all love it. I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funniest part is I dont think mods really got involved until after us sheep were well into it. I'd beat a deadhorse but Im on tapatalk.

1. Clay is a genious
4. Golf isnt a sport
5. Golf is a skill
7. Mother nature is weak
14. Success
16. Ole Gray likes beer
17. Canadians are real
18. Golf is a sport to some and not others. But everyone can agree we all love it. I think.

Are we though, are we?

Spoiler
I have a colour tv.

We all know that buddy!

Last edited:
I know I'm a noob, but I have to ask. What is a Canadian?

the L word?... since when did sex enter this convo?... mmm L's
golf is not a sport... its a religion

1. Clay is a genious

Am I a genious? Or a genius? lol

Spoiler
I have a colour tv.

So not cool on so many levels when you choose to use certain words. And when you try to hard to be funny (clearly the case in this post), it can be 10000% offensive.

There is no need to apologize for the thread Clay. I thought it was a good thread until the arguing started.

methinks someone dost protest too much...

Absolutely a great thread. I think it still had it merits when the topic was discussed within a lot of the other stuff. I see both sides even though I have my own opinion. Funny because we were talking about this at work a few weeks ago.

There is no need to apologize for the thread Clay. I thought it was a good thread until the arguing started.

I blame the lack of spellcheck! I was really being serious though :) This was a great thread that definitely sparked a fantastic debate for awhile and still probably could go on. Being friends on facebook I get to see where you are coming from. You're an extremely thoughtful individual who has an opinion but you're open minded and open to learning. I do joke around a lot but Ill have moments of sincerity haha.

Jeff Overton is on THP? Did he put an end to this finally?

I already tried, the people didnt listen! I am over it. I am an athlete and I play golf!

1. Clay is a genious
4. Golf isnt a sport
5. Golf is a skill
7. Mother nature is weak
14. Success
16. Ole Gray likes beer
17. Canadians are real

Dude, I cant give rep, it says I have to give it to other people but this my friend was absolutely hilarious!!! Well played!

Hmmmm, well I think it depends on HOW you play the game. This is just my opinion but I think if you are using golf as an excuse to spend the afternoon riding around in a cart drinking beer and trying to hit on a beer cart girl that's young enough to be your daughter, then no I wouldn't consider golf a sport. If you are serious about the game, take time to improve your skills, try and stay in some kind of condition to play, walk the course, not get hammered while playing then yes, I think golf is a sport and just as athletic as any other.

Hmmmm, well I think it depends on HOW you play the game. This is just my opinion but I think if you are using golf as an excuse to spend the afternoon riding around in a cart drinking beer and trying to hit on a beer cart girl that's young enough to be your daughter, then no I wouldn't consider golf a sport. If you are serious about the game, take time to improve your skills, try and stay in some kind of condition to play, walk the course, not get hammered while playing then yes, I think golf is a sport and just as athletic as any other.

I 100% agree with this. It's just like any sport...take some baseball beer leagues. No one practices, they just go out, drink, play for the hell of it, then go to the bar and drink some more. Not sure if that's a sport either. Pretty much any argument against golf as a sport can be said about pretty much any other sport.

Back