Is Golf A Sport?

• YES!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
This may be one of the most unique posts I have ever seen. Its not even close to being correct, but it is certainly unique.

Thanks!

It pretty much does, long as i dont yell fire when there is not one, bomb on a plane, or some kind of threat towards the President, everything else is pretty much ok.

Yeah, you're wrong. A employer can fire you for speaking your mind.

The only speech that is protected by the first ammendent of the Constitution is speech against the government. There is no other speech in any other walk of life that the first ammendment protects.

This thread is no longer about "is golf a sport", and it either needs to get that way or it needs to go away. Don't make me flex my FLTC muscles.

This thread is no longer about "is golf a sport", and it either needs to get that way or it needs to go away. Don't make me flex my FLTC muscles.

If someone doesn't golf and they say it's not a sport tell them to go shoot under 90 their first time out. And if they golf and still say it's not a sport then idk..

edit- why did i quote this?!

Yeah, you're wrong. A employer can fire you for speaking your mind.

The only speech that is protected by the first ammendent of the Constitution is speech against the government. There is no other speech in any other walk of life that the first ammendment protects.

I and anyone else can always say what they want, the consequence for what is said is after the fact. I still said what I wanted....I just wish I never wrote an Opinion in this topic.

I and anyone else can always say what they want, the consequence for what is said is after the fact. I still said what I wanted....I just wish I never wrote an Opinion in this topic.

Really? So I guess I can commit murder right? Because after all I can do what I want. The consequence for my act is after the fact. The 1st ammendment does not give someone the right to say whatever they want. Which is what you originally said.

HAHAHA! Worst rebuttal ever.

Also, golf is as much a sport as football, basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey, track & field, spelling, cheerleading, cup-stacking, biathalon, lawn dice, or darts.

jeez this thread had gotten nice and calm, but now people are getting home from work or something and responding to posts from hours ago and firing up things that were quashed already, read the thread completely before posting...

If I'm being the voice of reason you know things have gotten out of hand

Really? So I guess I can commit murder right? Because after all I can do what I want. The consequence for my act is after the fact. The 1st ammendment does not give someone the right to say whatever they want. Which is what you originally said.

I clearly said say what I want. murder??? I dont know where that came from. We all are free to do what we want and all have to accept the consequences of the decisions we choose to make. The consquence always comes after the action, cause and effect. Someone copy and past the 1st amendment..

jeez this thread had gotten nice and calm, but now people are getting home from work or something and responding to posts from hours ago and firing up things that were quashed already, read the thread completely before posting...

If I'm being the voice of reason you know things have gotten out of hand

Sorry, I post as I read! Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's bad. I think most people realize that someone is catching up, as Mustang is the only one who got mad at me for bringing up his silly comment after some time went by.

JNR, things got out of hand a LONG time ago! hahaha

I clearly said say what I want. murder??? I dont know where that came from. We all are free to do what we want and all have to accept the consequences of the decisions we choose to make. The consquence always comes after the action, cause and effect. Someone copy and past the 1st amendment..

James Madison said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Nothing about the unlimited protection of speech. Nothing about being able to say whatever you want. You can still get punished for what you say. Just not by the police or legislature.

Sorry, I post as I read! Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's bad. I think most people realize that someone is catching up, as Mustang is the only one who got mad at me for bringing up his silly comment after some time went by.

JNR, things got out of hand a LONG time ago! hahaha

I didnt get mad I was just saying that they said drop the discussion.

Freedom of speech covers much more than the spoken word.

I just want the freedom to play my favorite sport - Golf!!!

It pretty much does, long as i dont yell fire when there is not one, bomb on a plane, or some kind of threat towards the President, everything else is pretty much ok.

My point is saying that i feel in no danger for my life, number one I would never do that at a golf course because that is not proper eiquette, number 2 why would he give a rats ass about what I think when he is a millionaire, i know dam well he wouldnt get physical with me, it just wouldnt be smart for his career, the 1st amendment lets me say whatever i please. My opinion has no effect on his life. And finally I fear no man.

You said the 1st lets you say anything you want. You even came back and gave examples. This is not even remotely close to being true.

Now you want to change that and say "well of course there might be consequences".

I give up. You can keep doing this over and over again.

You are correct. For example, if what you say is construed as a threat by the receiving party you can be arrested, e.g., "I'm going to beat the [expletive deleted] out of you." If the person felt that was indeed going to happen you could be arrested for that. The first amendment does not protect that kind of speech, as well as many others.

Racing is not a “game,” but it is a sport!

Racing is not a “game,” but it is a sport!

Yea because they posess the great SKILL of driving a car, when it all boils down to it....the machine is doing all the work...

Saying the car is doing all the work is the same as saying the golf club is doing all the work. Both require a skilled user to achieve success. Silly!
A professional racecar driver’s heart rate will stay over 110 BPM for hours at a time, and you cant call time out when you want to think things over.
For some perspective, I think it is safe to call ancient olympic games as the root of organized sport… And they participated in chariot racing! Some even believe chariot racing was the event that founded the olympic games! So yes, without question, racing a car/horse/bicycle/lawnmower/plane/etc., is definitely a sport.
Besides, when ESPN started airing spelling bees and calling them a sport is when I lost any respect for anyone arguing otherwise.

Saying the car is doing all the work is the same as saying the golf club is doing all the work. Both require a skilled user to achieve success. Silly!
A professional racecar driver’s heart rate will stay over 110 BPM for hours at a time, and you cant call time out when you want to think things over.
For some perspective, I think it is safe to call ancient olympic games as the root of organized sport… And they participated in chariot racing! Some even believe chariot racing was the event that founded the olympic games! So yes, without question, racing a car/horse/bicycle/lawnmower/plane/etc., is definitely a sport.
Besides, when ESPN started airing spelling bees and calling them a sport is when I lost any respect for anyone arguing otherwise.

They really called it a sport? Or entertainment? It is the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

i hate when im marking my ball and i see a luge on the green... its almost as bad as cleaning sunflower seeds in your line

If racing is a sport, then so is spelling. Their hearts are racing. They have to think through the spelling process while their hearts are pounding. Sure, there is no exernal physical aspect of it, but internally it is challenging.

i hate when im marking my ball and i see a luge on the green... its almost as bad as cleaning sunflower seeds in your line

At least you only have to worry about that during the Wintertime. And usually only during the Olympics. Do they even compete in luge if it's not the Olympics?

i dont know but keep them off the greens... now i feel like spitting sunflower seeds

At least you only have to worry about that during the Wintertime. And usually only during the Olympics. Do they even compete in luge if it's not the Olympics?

Yes, there's a World Cup of luge racing just like sking/snowboarding. In certain places it's suprisingly popular.

Luge is for wussies... Skeleton is where its at they go down head 1st (luge might go faster though)

images

Back