Sounds like something ( apps running in the background ) is sucking the life out of your battery
That’s what I was thinking, but checked battery diagnostics and nothing looks out of whack.

I opted to upgrade from my 12 Pro due to some lagging battery life. I like the larger screen of the 15 Plus.

The fun part was watching an older customer accuse the staff of stealing her phone hours earlier as I transferred my data to the new phone. Kudos to the staff for keeping their composure even as they were threatened. They went home to 'call the cops' but called from their cell phone a final threat...from their cell phone that they accused the store of stealing...:(

That’s what I was thinking, but checked battery diagnostics and nothing looks out of whack.

you checked the apps usage time in the battery health. You'll see a list of all apps and the percentage of battery used by each app.

Also the biggest hog is Location Services and a lot of apps could be using your location to better provide info for a certain app. Under location Services ( under Privacy & Security) , you will see the apps using the location feature. .Most of mine are set to while using the app, like maps for ex. . You do have the options of Never, Ask Next Time or While Using. It really depends what location features you need for an app to function.

Is it bad to leave location services on?

The short answer is yes. Leaving location services turned on will make your battery drain faster. This is because a phone's GPS chip draws extra power to run. GPS constantly transmits your phone's location & calculates distances using nearby satellites

Last edited:
We upgraded from Xrs to a 15 Pro Max and 15 Pro. Wife likes that the Pro is actually slightly smaller than the Xr. I’m loving the extra focal length options and the two day plus battery life. Wasn’t that good initially. Took a few days to line out.

Much much much faster.

Be sure to create a backup of your old phone. My phone to phone transfer was flawless, but I could only transfer my wife’s stuff successfully from an iTunes backup. I’m hearing this is happening infrequently.

We upgraded from Xrs to a 15 Pro Max and 15 Pro. Wife likes that the Pro is actually slightly smaller than the Xr. I’m loving the extra focal length options and the two day plus battery life. Wasn’t that good initially. Took a few days to line out.

Much much much faster.

Be sure to create a backup of your old phone. My phone to phone transfer was flawless, but I could only transfer my wife’s stuff successfully from an iTunes backup. I’m hearing this is happening infrequently.

I dread doing this for my wife's iPhone to a brand new one. She has a old 6s, she loves the size, but its not compatible with a lot of NEWER upgraded apps she uses. So we look to upgrade. But I think she gets a new phone, not sure which one the carrier is offering.

We just ordered a 15 Pro for our son for Christmas. His battery is failing and the Apple Store gave us a $480 trade in on his two year old 13 Pro.
What was the battery health percentage? My daughter is at 86% health and won’t replace it until it dips below 80%

She uses it and has to charge pretty quickly

We just ordered a 15 Pro for our son for Christmas. His battery is failing and the Apple Store gave us a $480 trade in on his two year old 13 Pro.
Did they know the battery is failing? I’m getting $830 for our 12s from AT&T.

The cell companies always overpay in trade, because you only get that trade in full by staying with them for 3 years.
Its just another way to do the "here is a free phone with a 2 year contract" like they used to do 20 years ago.

If I was willing to switch carriers I could get a lot more than $480 but I’ve had AT&T service before and their coverage is poor at our Naples condo and at our rural MN lake cabin. I also prefer buying from Apple and paying the $9.99 monthly AppleCare rather than getting the inferior insurance offered from Verizon, TMobile, or AT&T. The customer service at an Apple Store is way ahead of anything form the big 3 cellular companies.

Much much much faster.

I somehow lost everything before June of this year.

I didn't get my first iPhone until like August, no idea how that happened and then the 15 pro max just a month or whatever ago.

I'm rather bummed about it.

I'm with @JB that they don't care.

I got more in trade in for my SE than what I paid for it just a couple months earlier.

They just want you locked in. The money comes from the service not the phones, from a margin standpoint (at least it used to).

My gosh, this has turned into a "fun" little experience, thanks to AT&T.

Oh no. What’s happening?
Basic CS type stuff. 3 different visits, 3 different price quotes. Store being closed when it is supposed to be open, 2x.

I am a couple of days in. Big surprise...the battery life on the new phone is a huge upgrade over the battery on my 3 year old phone. It does seem faster, too. I kind of wish I would have gone with the Max for more real estate.

The screen on my Flip 4 went out for the second time. First time Samsung replaced it, was quoted $550 this time. No thanks. I’ll give Corning a few years to get the glass right and try again.

Picked up a 15 pro, so far so good but it’s only been 2 days.

My 12pro started having problems mid-December and the IT Dept finally got the 15pro to me today. I need to figure out what is new, but it is nice to be able to have cell service again. It got to the point that I could only use my phone with WiFi and it would drop that constantly. Very strange.

My 12pro started having problems mid-December and the IT Dept finally got the 15pro to me today. I need to figure out what is new, but it is nice to be able to have cell service again. It got to the point that I could only use my phone with WiFi and it would drop that constantly. Very strange.
Biggest thing new is that your old charging cables won't work anymore. :LOL:

Biggest thing new is that your old charging cables won't work anymore. :LOL:
And the high speed USB charging doesn’t happen with the USB blocks you might have in your home. Gotta buy the 20w new block for that.

I was a day 1 adopter of the iPhone 15 Pro and to be honest, I regret it. My screen continues to have intermittent freezing issues, and they aren’t repeatable in a way that would allow me to warranty it. I am also having the issue where the screen turns black but the phone is still on, do all the touches register as some action. The only way to get it out of that tailspin is to hard restart. Additionally, using the camera to read barcodes, QR codes or similar is impossible if you are using anything it the native camera app. It’s faster, but battery life is only slightly improved over my prior 12 Pro with a recent batter replacement.

I am not loving this phone.

And the high speed USB charging doesn’t happen with the USB blocks you might have in your home. Gotta buy the 20w new block for that.
I have been charging mine with my laptop charger recently, and wow. It’s fast. It’s probably also terrible for the battery.

I was a day 1 adopter of the iPhone 15 Pro and to be honest, I regret it. My screen continues to have intermittent freezing issues, and they aren’t repeatable in a way that would allow me to warranty it. I am also having the issue where the screen turns black but the phone is still on, do all the touches register as some action. The only way to get it out of that tailspin is to hard restart. Additionally, using the camera to read barcodes, QR codes or similar is impossible if you are using anything it the native camera app. It’s faster, but battery life is only slightly improved over my prior 12 Pro with a recent batter replacement.

I'd take it to an Apple Store and have them check it out. Even if it's not repeatable, the glitches might show up in their diagnostics, and the camera thing should be easy to reproduce. Apple's CS is pretty good, I've never had them fight me when I had a glitchy iThing.

On my 7 Plus, the camera would sometimes just go black and/or freeze when you opened it. It didn't do it all the time, but it did it often enough that it was aggravating. I took it into the Apple Store, explained what it was doing, and they handed me a brand new phone and helped me transfer everything over to it.

I went from a 11 to a 15pro about a month ago and love it. Huge difference in battery, screen and camera quality. I have the apple case and its a great set up for me so far. I am invested in the apple eco system and its nice to move to the USB-C also. I do need a car charger now, but the battery lasts to long I have not need to charge even using GPS.

Man. That's a real bummer. I've not had any issues with the PM. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

Back