How many of these did you play

At least 10. not bad right?

I lived on a golf course during this time period and would get a lot of balls on our property. With the exception of the Tour Edition, I have played them all. The one Callaway looks like the HX Tour, which was one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I played 14 of them for at least a round. That Strata was a vastly underrated ball.

I’ve hit a few of them, but I wouldn’t say that I played any. That was when I was just starting and didn’t know anything about golf balls.

Every one of them. When I was younger my Dad would walk through the woods and around the water on the course to find balls for me to play. I had no idea what a premium ball was, but I thought Slazenger sounded cool so in my mind, it was the best golf ball made.

Maxfli DDH was my go to ball for years. I didn't play the Pro 90, but I did play the pro 100.
Tons of spin but I cut one with a 3 wood. Not durable at all. After a few holes it would be visibly out of round!

I used to play the Maxfli DDH II when I was in college in Lubbock, TX. That ball would stay low and run forever on those dried out fairways, and would never scuff. Hurt like hell to play them in the cold weather though!

Definitely played the 20XI for too long :ROFLMAO:

I have gamed 5 of those and probably hit 11 or 12 of them.

2 of my favorite balls of all time are in there.

The original strata was an amazing ball at the time. Durable but still soft around the greens. Then they ruined it by putting the stupid bb in the middle and putting the playing cards suits on them.

The original Callaway hex tour that replaced the rule 57 was the best wind ball I’ve ever played.

View attachment 9221910
I don't remember playing the Nike TA2/SPN or a Slazenger of any kind and I'm not sure which Callaway ball is in the third row. I played a Callaway ball with the same logo as the one at bottom right but couldn't tell you what all it is. So, 13 possibly 14.

The Revolution was so good.
I played The Precept tour, Maxfli Tour HT, Titleist Tour Prestige, the Z-Blata, Maxfli DDH, Titleist Professional, Hogan and probably hit a few of the rest at one time or another.
I remember the Nike 20xi spun way too much, so I gave away 3 of the sleeves.
The Maxfli Revolution multilayer 90 compression was my ball for a couple of years when they were out, but I also found Maxfli to have QC issues and would get at least one dead, blemished, or out of round ball in a dozen.
The Revolution was out before the ProV1 hit the market, if I remember correctly
Maxfli always had a QC problem with the HT Balata as well, but they were less exppensive than Titleist Tour Balata.

I have gamed 5 of those and probably hit 11 or 12 of them.

2 of my favorite balls of all time are in there.

The original strata was an amazing ball at the time. Durable but still soft around the greens. Then they ruined it by putting the stupid bb in the middle and putting the playing cards suits on them.

The original Callaway hex tour that replaced the rule 57 was the best wind ball I’ve ever played.
I loved the original TF Strata. After playing the TF XL, this was a sub-90 compression(80ish?), but very durable, and was just the best around the greens at that time. I was learning the game at that time, but would go to Golfsmith to buy balls, and the Strata would have "bonus" sleeves attached to the box. If I remember, they were like $12.99 a dozen, and with the bonus sleeve, a good value. I would buy 2 boxes, and would have 30 balls for $26 + tax.. My buddies would ask me about this ball, but none would play it. They liked their Pinnacle Golds, or TF XL's...

When the Strata came out that's all I ever played. Not the longest but the feel and spin were fantastic.17143192727463813933730672516902.jpg

Ranking Episode 7 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Back