Thanks for all the well wishes! They are really appreciated. I never would have thought that this would happen.

Wow! The nerve of some people! But I agree with Smalls, you will get all new stuff and that is the way you gotta look at it to keep from being mad about it.

Man that really sucks. I had a car get broke into along time ago I know the feeling. I hope they catch those turds that robbed you.

dang bullfrog thats horrible. good luck getting it back together. when we lived in a different neighborhood - one of the houses was burglarized in the middle of the night. that to me has to be the scariest... when you are so vulnerable - dead asleep. Id worry most about my family, etc. Not sure what id do if i caught someone... i hope you dont find out who it was and it was a co-worker, or someone you knew.

That would burn me more than anything.

When my sister went to Hawaii for 6 months as a nurse.... one of her co-workers who knew her broke into her house and stole her car. Used it for about 4 months then when My sis flew back and reported it stolen they found it with about 5000+ miles on it. Unreal what some people will do....

What kills me is no one saw her friend in the new BMW?!? for 5000 miles - crazy.

I know. I can't believe my neighbor, who's dog was going crazy she said. Never looked out the window. I'm always watching their houses when I see someone that I don't recognize the car being there before or something. On a side note: Everyone is telling me that I had an R11 driver and Fairway wood stolen too. HA HA! I totally believe in KARMA. I'm only going to claim what is actually missing. I don't need bad Karma cuz I tried to play the system.

That sucks. Last fall the house directly behind ours one street over was robbed. My thoughts are that since it had been cool they forgot to close some windows on a front porch or deck and it was a crime of opportunity. Plus that street is a lower traffic one.

We have 2 dogs, a 60lb Female Black lab and a little 35lb boarder collie mix. When someone comes to the door they don't know they are up on the love seat going nuts at the window. We are on a major cross through street with a lot of traffic, pair that with my next door neighbor being a detective who frequently has his unmarked car home, then a state trooper and a transit authority cop that live on opposite sides of the street about 20 houses down. Pair those things with the fact we have an older couple across the street that pretty much do nothing but sit on their front porch all spring/summer/fall I feel like for the most part my house is fairly safe. That's not to say something couldn't happen because anything is possible but I like to hope that criminals would look to other streets to try and burglarize.

Okay, I can rest a little easier at night. My house is now ADT Home Security secured... Full package and all! I guess my dogs won't lose their job after all...

What was the total cost to install? And how much a month. Do they do each window or just the doors?

It was 99 to install the basic package. And 44 a month. To add the windows they don't charge for intall but charge extra for the sensors. If at time of install you add windows, I think it was 75 a window for the sensors. If not at time of install they charge 65 to come out and not sure what they charge to install. And an extra $10 a month total for all windows. They also add fire monitors too if you want. I opted out of them for the simple fact my home's smoke/carbon monoxide detectors are wired thru my home. They have internal batteries if the power goes out. So does the equipment that ADT installed.

It was 99 to install the basic package. And 44 a month. To add the windows they don't charge for intall but charge extra for the sensors. If at time of install you add windows, I think it was 75 a window for the sensors. If not at time of install they charge 65 to come out and not sure what they charge to install. And an extra $10 a month total for all windows. They also add fire monitors too if you want. I opted out of them for the simple fact my home's smoke/carbon monoxide detectors are wired thru my home. They have internal batteries if the power goes out. So does the equipment that ADT installed.

Awesome that it's installed. The only caution about alarm companies is I believe some companies do an automatic re-new and also make sure you read the super-fine print. It can be a pain to deal with some alarm companies, like when you want your alarm fixed or want to cancel it. I think they have crazy cancellation policies that will cost you more than if you continue your contract (even if you alarm is broken!).

We are in sort of a quiet country area here and I am not one to overreact but your story makes me want to add dead bolts and another alarm system. Sorry to hear about the loss.

No need to apologize I would feel the same way.

Good luck with your insurance.

Peace of mind... priceless. Good for you, glad you were able to get this taken care of so quickly.

Hope they catch the loser or losers Bullfrog nobody needs to go through that crap , Keep your head up

We are in sort of a quiet country area here and I am not one to overreact but your story makes me want to add dead bolts and another alarm system. Sorry to hear about the loss.

I'm starting to think the country would be worse than the city. NO ONE around to see them do it...

We pay just a little less than you do with Protection 1. All the exterior doors are armed, all the windows on the first floor, and we have a motion detector mounted in the corner at the front of house in the off-chance a would-be burglar tries to get in via a fixed-glass window. Peace of mind IS priceless, especially on those nights I'm away on business and my wife and kids are home without me.

That sux man. This is one reason why I have an alarm system.

I have one now too. Still haven't heard back from the police. Sometimes I think they are useless.

Nothing worse than a thief. Stealing other peoples posessions that they worked hard for is the lowest of the low.

Well, I just talked to one of my buddies who is a Sherriff in my county, he buys his cars from me. He said he heard about someone breaking into my house but didn't realize it was me. So, he said he would get with the Sherriff who is working my case and help him! Yes!!!! The more the better.

sorry to hear Bullfrog....It happened to us when I was much younger..I still remember the anger and how much I wanted revenge! Privacy is one thing I love to have so the idea of someone coming into my space ticks me off. No respect for other's stuff.

I hope they find the scum and prosecute to the fullest!

Man, I'm so messed up in the head. I don't even feel like playing golf. If I don't have to be at work, I want to be home in case they come back. Me and my louisville slugger are ready! Come on dirt bags come back, I dare you!

Man, I'm so messed up in the head. I don't even feel like playing golf. If I don't have to be at work, I want to be home in case they come back. Me and my 12 gauge sawed-off shotgun are ready! Come on dirt bags come back, I dare you!

FIFY, because thats what you need :D

I'm considering getting a pistol! When I was in the navy, I was expert 9mm qualified. So, I may get me one. Should be easy enough since my criminal record is emaculant, non existant!

Back