That sucks bullfrog. So sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear about this man!

that blows man, but try to look at the bright side. They didn't get your clubs and with no tv you'll have a lot more time to play golf :confused2:

Wow, sorry that happened to your Bullfrog! Glad you're insured but still it's terrible to know someone was in your house uninvited. I've been burglarized myself, and it's not a good feeling. I hated knowing someone was in my house. They stole my high-end VCR and all my remotes.

Since then, I've had a monitored alarm system in this house (and the last) and it definitely gives me peace of mind, especially when I'm out of town and my wife and kids are home without me. Like Spank said, it's cheap insurance and worth it.

Last edited:
I was robbed once, back in 1989 or '90. It's a helpless feeling. The worst thing I thought was that someone I didn't know was in my house going through my stuff.

The strange thing was that they left the Nintendo console and games which were sitting on the floor in front of the TV. Luckily I had renter's insurance so all but $100 was taken care of, but still someoen else was in my house. Sucked.

I had some stuff taken from me when I was in college, and for me the thing that sucked is that you lose, i don't want to say ability to be naive because that's not it, but it's along those lines. Now whenever I leave my house i'm always a little wary and paranoid that it's going to happen again.

great to hear you had insurance bullfrog, that'll certainly make it an easier blow to handle, and at least your dogs weren't hurt by the thief even if they didn't prevent said thief.

That's terrible. Good you weren't home as much more could have been at stake. Stuff is just stuff.

nope no problems in the area. And none of my neighbors were hit. I live sort of in the country and only have a neighbor to the north of me and across the road, the next nearest is 3/4 of a mile away. The problem is I have two huge dogs that were in the house. I'm surprized that they didn't do something unless they knew the person. Such as came over with someone or something along those lines. I have a feeling I know the person/person's responsible. Not that I know they did it, but that I know who they are.
Being retired from Law En. when I read your first comment that was the first thing that I thought of. How did they know your schedule. The time needed to take what they wanted. I hope it isnt someone that you know. That would be a huge betrayal. I just hope they find the low life before they get rid of your stuff.

Oh man Bullfrog, I'm SO SORRY to hear about this!! We were burglarized right after we moved some stuff into the house we live in now and we were like, "What kind of neighborhood did we move into?" It really is a terrible feeling. We lost all my husband's work clothes (nice suits), all his snowboard gear, 1/2 of my clothes and TONs of sentimental stuff. We hadn't unpacked so they just took everything they could (we moved over 1 full minivan loaded full of stuff b/f the day of the actual move). When we got quotes for alarm companies, they told me that just having the sign in front of your house "ADT PROTECTED" or whatever will deter the potential criminals by a huge amount. Something like instead of 1 in 5 houses being robbed, the stat goes to 1 in 500 for houses with alarms.

These people clearly knew your schedule - as you were just gone for three hours!! That's crazy. And they did it in broad day light. I hope your deductible is low and that you get some stuff to replace the old stuff. The worst for us was things like, "Um... where did that shirt go? Oh yeah, it was stolen." We still miss some of our favorite pieces of clothing, like old beat up sweat shirts. It's been over 5 years since it happened and we still talk about some of the clothes. LOL.

Dang, sorry bullfrog, that's horrible man. I've been through my share at the stores, but have never had my own house broken into. I had a neighbor get broken into while he, his wife and child were sleeping. They worked around the house checking windows and was coming in the daughters window when my neighbor jacked a slug into his shotgun. The guy fell back out and took off running, lol. I'm surprised they never caught the guy, should have been able to find him by his smell after hearing that shotgun pumping a shell into the chamber.

that blows man, but try to look at the bright side. They didn't get your clubs and with no tv you'll have a lot more time to play golf :confused2:

This is true! But it still sucks! On a good note, I got my putter cover today. I'm at least excited about that.

Thats good you have a happy moment today. Hope it gets better

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. At least you and others are safe.

Oh man Bullfrog, I'm SO SORRY to hear about this!! We were burglarized right after we moved some stuff into the house we live in now and we were like, "What kind of neighborhood did we move into?" It really is a terrible feeling. We lost all my husband's work clothes (nice suits), all his snowboard gear, 1/2 of my clothes and TONs of sentimental stuff. We hadn't unpacked so they just took everything they could (we moved over 1 full minivan loaded full of stuff b/f the day of the actual move). When we got quotes for alarm companies, they told me that just having the sign in front of your house "ADT PROTECTED" or whatever will deter the potential criminals by a huge amount. Something like instead of 1 in 5 houses being robbed, the stat goes to 1 in 500 for houses with alarms.

These people clearly knew your schedule - as you were just gone for three hours!! That's crazy. And they did it in broad day light. I hope your deductible is low and that you get some stuff to replace the old stuff. The worst for us was things like, "Um... where did that shirt go? Oh yeah, it was stolen." We still miss some of our favorite pieces of clothing, like old beat up sweat shirts. It's been over 5 years since it happened and we still talk about some of the clothes. LOL.

You can buy the signs on ebay. Also the stickers for the windows. Surely you can pick up a fake keypad too.

You can buy the signs on ebay. Also the stickers for the windows. Surely you can pick up a fake keypad too.

Good idea Smallie, I might just do that myself, those stats are pretty eye opening that patty posted.

sorry to hear about that bro... sad to say i also know the feeling as do several others in here
was getting ready for work one day and went out to the driveway and my motorcycle was gone... needless to say i was late for work that day hahha

Well I leave and go to work today at 8 am. And sure enough I come home for lunch at 11. And someone broke into my house. They stole my 46" Toshiba tv, 1000 watt sony surround sound system with dvd. Blueray player, pneumatic tools and drill. I can't believe the nerve of some people. Needless to say, ADT will be here tomorrow. If I was here and had a gun, I would shoot them in the "F"ing face. Sorry for the attitude but I'm a little upset right now.

The same happened to my friend twice. They broke in and stole everything just about. They got ADT and the guy's came back and kicked in the back door. This time the alarm went off but not before they grabbed his Cal Ripken Jr. autographed ball. The alarm went off at 11:08 am. Those guys have some balls. He too would like to shoot them.

Being retired from Law En. when I read your first comment that was the first thing that I thought of. How did they know your schedule. The time needed to take what they wanted. I hope it isnt someone that you know. That would be a huge betrayal. I just hope they find the low life before they get rid of your stuff.

Retired LE here too, NYPD.

Also my first thought. Most burglars are looking for the quickest, easiest hit. Many don't even stake out individual homes as much as they do neighborhoods in general (although, admittedly, in the Bronx we dealt mostly with crack-heads for burglars). Large dogs which make their presence known are a deterrent for the vast amount of burglars, even crack-heads. The most talented, career criminals will already be armed with treats for the dog or will first go to the fridge to give the dog(s) ample food to occupy them and gain their trust.

Unless you've made some large purchases lately which were obvious to see (new TV's box out by the curb, etc), I'd find it hard to believe that a burglar randomly picked out your home with a couple of large dogs barking and growling away. Gotta go with "known to complainant" here.

So sorry, best of luck going forward.

glad my chihuahuahua hates everyone except fam lol

Good idea Smallie, I might just do that myself, those stats are pretty eye opening that patty posted.

You totally should. I meant that the signs alone will act as the necessary deterrent. I can't believe they sell them on ebay! I should totally get some for my in laws! LOL.

Nope not gonna fake the signs. I'm having a system installed tomorrow. They will be here at 3. I have my sister and a friend of her's spend the day here. Until I can come home to meet the ADT guy. I'm someone who believes in Karma. I have never done anything to anyone that would make me deserve someone invading my personal space. I truely hope they find the guys even if they don't find my stuff. They found half of a hand print. And they took something to test that I know the thief touched. It was in one of the drawers they took. They even took the drawers my games and dvds were in. The whole drawer. OMG I need to quit thinking about it.

Nope not gonna fake the signs. I'm having a system installed tomorrow. They will be here at 3. I have my sister and a friend of her's spend the day here. Until I can come home to meet the ADT guy. I'm someone who believes in Karma. I have never done anything to anyone that would make me deserve someone invading my personal space. I truely hope they find the guys even if they don't find my stuff. They found half of a hand print. And they took something to test that I know the thief touched. It was in one of the drawers they took. They even took the drawers my games and dvds were in. The whole drawer. OMG I need to quit thinking about it.

I hope who ever did it is in the system when they run the prints. I Feel bad you have to go through it. Like Wmac I'm from NYC. It is yelling some1 you know. You would be amazed at how many people steal from friends & relatives. Hope they catch them so you can have some satisfaction. I'm saying a little prayer for you Pal ,so that you may find peace Fast

No need for you to apologize buddy that is terrible i would want to do the same thing, sorry that it happened to you. There are sorry, pathetic people out there i hope you get some justice.

Sorry to hear about what happened man, that really sucks

Back