Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

ebay is your friend..

man i really wish there was a store near me that sold these.. really want to try one. or two. or four.

they are hard to find in stores, Golf Galaxy near my office used to carry them but they quit so I guess I need to grab a couple off ebay

Received my Hirzl glove today. I have been wanting to get one of these since reading about them in this thread but just never pulled the trigger for whatever reason. I went with the Trust Feel version.
DSC_9405_zpse3c1fc2d.jpg

DSC_9406_zps29bb5ac3.jpg

DSC_9407_zps8e75ee29.jpg

First thing that jumped out to me is the way it is made. It appears to be very durable and well made. I have always been a $5-$10 FJ gloves every year kinda guy up until this point. Yeah, this glove is more expensive but you definitely get what you pay for. The grip on it is fantastic. I cant wait to get this out and hit some balls with it to see how it reacts. My only gripe is that they dont make cadet size in RH (I am LH). The fingers are a little long but I am used to it from every other glove I have owned.

Awsome man I think your going to love it.

I noticed our boy Michael Phelps using the Hirzl gloves on the episode where he was over in China playing. I need to find another one to have as a backup in case my gamer goes out. My gamer has been on my hand for every round and practice session since May 2012.

I noticed our boy Michael Phelps using the Hirzl gloves on the episode where he was over in China playing. I need to find another one to have as a backup in case my gamer goes out. My gamer has been on my hand for every round and practice session since May 2012.
I have a Softee that I ordered through Edwin Watts last July and even after a washing, it's still going strong. I need to find another too but can't find a RH XL on eBay.

For $25, they are a no brainer for me. Just got to get the size nailed down, I've found them to be a bit inconsistent.

The end of an era, I lost my Hirzl last week on vacation. I think the jealous TSA guys lifted it out of my bag. It was in use since May 2012. Now, I am off to Amazon to buy a new one, will get multiple sizes just to be safe.

I've looked at these in the store but the leather feels thick to me. I'm not sure if I'd like the feel.

I bought one last year after reading the reviews here about it and it was a great glove and it lasted forever until I decided to wash it and then the wife threw it in the dryer and it was toast. After that I was wanting to try some different gloves but never found anything as nice or durable as the Hirzl. They are very hard to find in stores but I lucked out when I was in Orlando for the Ultimate Golf event, I stopped by a golf store and they had some left and I found one that fit me so I snatched it up. Just waiting for my FJ glove I have now to bite the dust so I can put the Hirzl back into play. I too find there sizes to be a little off as I usually wear a Cadet ML in almost everything else but the Small seems to fit the best, it is a little tight at first but it loosens up quickly and I would rather have a tight glove than a loose one.

The end of an era, I lost my Hirzl last week on vacation. I think the jealous TSA guys lifted it out of my bag. It was in use since May 2012. Now, I am off to Amazon to buy a new one, will get multiple sizes just to be safe.

I just had to buy another one myself, not that the old ones had worn out, but an unfortunatly leaky bottle of Bullfrog in the bag doomed the two I had in there a few months back. I can't find anything else I like nearly as much.

I think I am going to try these

Bought one of these last year (the Trust model, I believe) and have been playing with it ever since. The back side of the glove is a little worse for wear visually, but the palm and overall integrity of the glove have really held up well. I don't use a glove for every shot and tend to take it off between shots, so that probably helps longevity somewhat, but it's definitely held up longer than the all-cabretta gloves I used to wear out a couple times a season! They're a touch pricier than standard gloves, but IMHO, they are worth it. Good gloves. Will buy again when I shred this one, though I have no idea how long that will take.

I just ordered a replacement for the one I received at Demo Day 2012.

These things last forever. I replaced it more because it had gotten pretty grungy cosmetically. I just wish I could find them in local stores.

I strongly urge anyone shopping for a new glove to test this baby out. You won't be disappointed.

Once again, thank you THP Demo Day for introducing me to a product that I never would have been exposed to otherwise.

Wow I'm happy this thread came up today. I just bought a pair off rockbottom. Went with the control. I tend to death grip the club sometimes and lose some distance so being able to know that I can loosen up and swing free should bring my SS up. Can't wait.

Wow I'm happy this thread came up today. I just bought a pair off rockbottom. Went with the control. I tend to death grip the club sometimes and lose some distance so being able to know that I can loosen up and swing free should bring my SS up. Can't wait.

Great glove here. Just picked up a new one in March. I think I had the first one for two years. I only use it in the summer, but it definitely got used. Love this glove.

Great glove here. Just picked up a new one in March. I think I had the first one for two years. I only use it in the summer, but it definitely got used. Love this glove.

Awesome. Can't wait. Did you wash it? and how often did you have to for those 2 years?

Awesome. Can't wait. Did you wash it? and how often did you have to for those 2 years?

Never washed it. And I probably averaged about 2 rounds a week for about 6-8 months of the year. Plus all the range time in the spring both years. I was at the range 3 days a week the first year that I had the glove.
I went to use it at the Texas Invitational this past March, and saw how bad it was looking. Went ahead and just got a new one the next week.

Happy that this thread came-up as well. I just picked up three of these at GTown on sale. One for my dad, step-dad, and myself. Father's day shopping finished!!!

I've looked at these in the store but the leather feels thick to me. I'm not sure if I'd like the feel.

The leather is definitely a bit thicker than a std FJ glove. I kinda like it.

Skimmed this thread so I apologize if my question has been asked already. How do these gloves fit, I have always used FJ xl size gloves but not sure how these are sized. Any help or advice appreciated.

My Hirzl Trust Control fits the same as any other glove I've tried - I'm a cadet large left hand. I like the glove but the white top material stains worse than Foot Joy or other brand gloves I've tried. It also seems to stretch and loosen up. I machine wash it and then rack dry it once every 2 weeks or so and it feels like new again. I like the way it feels better than others I've tried. It seems to bite on the club grip a little better, but not in a way that is uncomfortable. I feel my dexterity/club feel is the same as other gloves I've tried. And mine never stinks, a complaint some have with this glove (wash it maybe?)

do not wash it... I had many if these and washing it makes it crinkle hard. I don't know if they even make em anymore as gt does not stock them. One glove lasted me over 20 rounds.

The website is still up and running and ROCKBOTTOM has them for sale still. I haven't seen them in NZ but I've read a lot of good reviews that make me want to try them.

Back