Do you work out before or after golf?

• Before

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • After

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Walking to and from the cart is the workout. :p

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Makes for a nice early morning walk, perhaps? Haha.
Oh for sure. If no fitness center, I will get some bodyweight/band workouts in followed by a morning walk to start the day.

I wouldn't lift before golf, but I have done some light cardio like 20 minutes on the Peloton bike before golf and it seems to help loosen me up a little.

I'll go before.. but nothing too heavy or crazy. More of a light workout to wake the body up. I don't think I have ever worked out after golf

I do no workout at all on golf days outside of a pre-round warm up routine focused mostly on mobility. Strength training is for the other days of the week. IF I did want to get in a little workout, it would definitely be after the round, so I had full energy to play first.

Yes have done it many times. Some of our am tournaments if i get a late tee time, or in our club championships the (humble brag alert in 3-2-1) leaders usually tee off at like 1pm....so i'll often work out and jog beforehand

So far so good on the 10 AM heavy workout and the 1:30 tee time. Like yesterday, my muscles, feel primed and ready to fire, swinging it well again.

I am walking today as well

Here’s Koepka talking about going hard in the gym before rounds.
If you workout consistently, eat enough, and don't do anything stupid, you won't get sore.

I would work out and golf the same day. Did at the Grandaddy last year. But not everyone was obsessed with it like this year :ROFLMAO:.

I did a pretty hard deadlift set the day I did a club champion fitting and swung the club faster than I ever had.

And going hard in the gym before a round is not remotely close to as hard as they go in the gym.

If you workout consistently, eat enough, and don't do anything stupid, you won't get sore.

I would work out and golf the same day. Did at the Grandaddy last year. But not everyone was obsessed with it like this year :ROFLMAO:.

I did a pretty hard deadlift set the day I did a club champion fitting and swung the club faster than I ever had.

And going hard in the gym before a round is not remotely close to as hard as they go in the gym.

I literally needed the gym to feel alive at the Grandaddy. Survival mechanism, haha.

In the past ive struggled lifting before golfing in terms of muscle fatigue but once you do it enough you can get used to it. Body is good at adapting. Regarding warming up for your round id absolutely say that's why you were so loose during. Gotta warm the body up to golf its still a highly physical activity.

Reminds me of the golf ball doesn't fly far in the cold argument it's actually that your body isn't warm and muscles cant produce optimal force

Here’s Koepka talking about going hard in the gym before rounds.
Doesn't surprise me. If you're used to going hard and past the initial soreness phase, it's not a big deal. If you do a workout you're not used to, or go heavy when you haven't been going heavy, standby for misery!

Doesn't surprise me. If you're used to going hard and past the initial soreness phase, it's not a big deal. If you do a workout you're not used to, or go heavy when you haven't been going heavy, standby for misery!

I am super cognizant of what I’m doing prior to golf though. I won’t do heavy legs anymore prior to golfing. Most upper body workouts I’m fine with. But I’ll also avoid anything that’ll overly stress my core/lower back. Just have to be a little more careful these days.

When I was younger I did all the time . Now there is no way.

This is exactly what I’m doing today. I’m in route to the gym currently but it won’t be warm enough to play here until around 1 PM. It’s a heavy lift day but I think I’ll be OK with that rest in between.
So far so good on the 10 AM heavy workout and the 1:30 tee time. Like yesterday, my muscles, feel primed and ready to fire, swinging it well again.

I am walking today as well
I didn't feel much fatigue yesterday while playing after a heavy day but I'm absolutely feeling it today. Not a good idea going heavy then golf. I'll be continuing to go golf then afterwards heavy gym days instead.

Back