Who all has done the GolfTec swing evaluation? Really curious to hear about your experience after listening to the podcast this morning.
Just like anything it's all about the coach you find. I had an amazing experience when I first started in 2019. Broke 100 within 6-9 months of my lessons. Need to go back to them honestly.

I have recently done(March) a swing evaluation. My set up was perfect, but going into the back swing, swaying off the ball. Stopped swaying, better contact, more fairways. Have to remind myself during set up.. Nice people, no pressure to take lessons...

@AuzzieMatt thread is pretty darn awesome. His improvements have been insane. I think his coach should advise on his apparel too.
Thank you very much.

That last part though, well, no. :ROFLMAO:

@AuzzieMatt thread is pretty darn awesome. His improvements have been insane. I think his coach should advise on his apparel too.
Haha lots of good stuff in that thread. I'm still a little surprised by the setup but that is not everything clearly seeing improvements

See you in 6 months..maybe I will get some GolfTec lessons over the winter

Better make it 8 to make sure of the weather! :ROFLMAO:

Swinging by today to make an appointment for next week.. only had the initial lesson so far.. but out was a great one.. hitting the ball better at home and on course.. Ready for the next steps. There fractured hand really slowed down my momentum, but played a full round this weekend . Everything seems mostly fine, so starting the lesson back up next week

Swinging by today to make an appointment for next week.. only had the initial lesson so far.. but out was a great one.. hitting the ball better at home and on course.. Ready for the next steps. There fractured hand really slowed down my momentum, but played a full round this weekend . Everything seems mostly fine, so starting the lesson back up next week
Looking forward to your feedback and improvement

2nd lesson today. Worked more on downswing and shallowing out. First coach that was really able to help me do it with irons. We decided just with natural tendencies, I need to go back to drawing the ball. Was a shorter lesson so really only got to work on one thing. My golftec also just made the switch to SkyTrak+ . One quick thing I noticed was same club, "same" swing, ball goes further on their ST+ than mine..carry number looks more correct. So that's interesting. Will go into more details on my lesson when I get off work later tonight. Went straight from lesson to work.

So basically we started the lesson by talking about my last round and talking about shot shape. We tried making some changes to hit a more consistent fade. My current swing made my shot shape a little less predictable. I couldn't get my hands to exit low, so we decided to try to go back to what I'd consider my natural shot shape, draws. I have trouble shallowing out the club. But we finally found a way that makes sense in my head. Basically to really feel like I'm tilting and hitting up on the ball. Started hitting some nice draws. More consistent carry numbers and dispersion. We tried some drivers too, pretty similar results. Just need to groove this new swing. We talked about goals for next lesson, getting the hands in a better position through impact and being less flippy. We also talked about the game plan thing I'm on. Can go to any other golftec and use their facility to practice (for 3 months I believe) and I also will get a club fitting whenever I want as well. Super fun info to find out. Had some discussions about various clubs as well. Me being a Taylormade fanboy and he is a Taylormade staffer, was a fun discussion. Gonna try to go back in another couple weeks. Trying to get at least 2 more lessons in before my next tournament which is a Parent-Child tournament in the Pinehurst area in January.

So basically we started the lesson by talking about my last round and talking about shot shape. We tried making some changes to hit a more consistent fade. My current swing made my shot shape a little less predictable. I couldn't get my hands to exit low, so we decided to try to go back to what I'd consider my natural shot shape, draws. I have trouble shallowing out the club. But we finally found a way that makes sense in my head. Basically to really feel like I'm tilting and hitting up on the ball. Started hitting some nice draws. More consistent carry numbers and dispersion. We tried some drivers too, pretty similar results. Just need to groove this new swing. We talked about goals for next lesson, getting the hands in a better position through impact and being less flippy. We also talked about the game plan thing I'm on. Can go to any other golftec and use their facility to practice (for 3 months I believe) and I also will get a club fitting whenever I want as well. Super fun info to find out. Had some discussions about various clubs as well. Me being a Taylormade fanboy and he is a Taylormade staffer, was a fun discussion. Gonna try to go back in another couple weeks. Trying to get at least 2 more lessons in before my next tournament which is a Parent-Child tournament in the Pinehurst area in January.
Just now seeing this but good stuff. Have you been working on the stuff he gave you? Did you book your next lesson?

I am booking another lesson for hopefully next week.

I just did a 1 hour lesson in the series of lessons I’m taking from GolfTec. The latest thing we are working is getting rid of some extension in my left wrist after impact. I’m working on keeping my hands ahead of clubhead until the shaft is parallel after impact. This adds width to the arc and consistency with the bal flight. Did a skills assessment also. Told me pretty much everything I already knew. I did find at a practice session I can get another few yards with this move.

Just now seeing this but good stuff. Have you been working on the stuff he gave you? Did you book your next lesson?
I've only been able to work on it a couple times since the lesson because I got swamped with work. I have tomorrow off so I should be able to get a decent practice session in. Havent booked my next one yet, but will probably be booking it soon. Hoping for one more before christmas, and then the next one before Jan. 10th.

I went to Golftec years ago for a lesson package. My instructor and I started to make progress, with my toe strikes. Problem was they went through bunch of coaches at the time and I had three coaches within a few months. So, I stopped going but I want to go back now that they are out of the Golf Galaxy building and seem more stable. I intend to start lessons again after the holidays.

So I have my swing evaluation tomorrow. Any tips going into this?

So I have my swing evaluation tomorrow. Any tips going into this?
Enjoy it. Remember you are auditioning them as they are doing the evaluation. There will be a light sales pitch, but most importantly take it all in and enjoy it

So I had my swing evaluation at GolfTech Fairfax today. I met all three instructors at the facility as two of them were at the front desk. My coach, Jack, was working with someone so Andrew showed me to one of the three hitting bays I would be in today. I warmed up for a few minutes then my coach came in and we introduced ourselves. Jack had me sign a consent form and went through their new student questionnaire with me. I mentioned that I had been to GolfTec about 10 years prior and he explained how its the same basic concept, but their understanding of the Golf Swing has adjusted over time and so has the technology since you don't need to wear any harnesses now, it's all built into the camera/computer system.

He then had me take about 10 swings with my 7 iron. He then pulled up my swing and had a side by side with Rory McIlroy, which made me laugh, but Jack assured me he was just showing Rory to demonstrate some wrist positions and weight transfer stuff. He then proceeded to walk me through my swing, things that were good (backswing was in a good spot mostly just need to stop the club from coming across the line, and things that needed improvement including the flipping of my wrists, the lack of lower body usage, and my chicken wing (all things I have heard before). We then started talking about how we were going to start fixing the problems. He talked me through a drill, then he showed me it so there weren't any questions, and I proceeded to work on a drill where i get in my setup position, then without moving anything else i hinge the club back as far as i can to try to get it parallel then swing through to around 1/4 through swing trying to keep the club on the right side of my body. We worked through this a bit and he then showed me a recording of the drill and how it was improving my lower body usage along with the wrist conditions.

We worked with this drill the rest of the session adding in a small pump back after the wrist cock and taking the club through to about 1/2 way. This along with keeping my club pointing to the left corner of the room on the backswing is my homework.

Overall I really enjoyed this session. I think Jack picked up on what my swing did quickly, and the drill he showed me seems to really help. Now it's up to me to put in the work before my next lesson. Luckily I have picked up the holiday gold package so I have 10 lessons and 10 practice sessions to use within the year (along with either a driver or iron fitting to come later). I've scheduled a few lessons out taking one every two weeks so far. I'm pretty excited.

So I had my swing evaluation at GolfTech Fairfax today. I met all three instructors at the facility as two of them were at the front desk. My coach, Jack, was working with someone so Andrew showed me to one of the three hitting bays I would be in today. I warmed up for a few minutes then my coach came in and we introduced ourselves. Jack had me sign a consent form and went through their new student questionnaire with me. I mentioned that I had been to GolfTec about 10 years prior and he explained how its the same basic concept, but their understanding of the Golf Swing has adjusted over time and so has the technology since you don't need to wear any harnesses now, it's all built into the camera/computer system.

He then had me take about 10 swings with my 7 iron. He then pulled up my swing and had a side by side with Rory McIlroy, which made me laugh, but Jack assured me he was just showing Rory to demonstrate some wrist positions and weight transfer stuff. He then proceeded to walk me through my swing, things that were good (backswing was in a good spot mostly just need to stop the club from coming across the line, and things that needed improvement including the flipping of my wrists, the lack of lower body usage, and my chicken wing (all things I have heard before). We then started talking about how we were going to start fixing the problems. He talked me through a drill, then he showed me it so there weren't any questions, and I proceeded to work on a drill where i get in my setup position, then without moving anything else i hinge the club back as far as i can to try to get it parallel then swing through to around 1/4 through swing trying to keep the club on the right side of my body. We worked through this a bit and he then showed me a recording of the drill and how it was improving my lower body usage along with the wrist conditions.

We worked with this drill the rest of the session adding in a small pump back after the wrist cock and taking the club through to about 1/2 way. This along with keeping my club pointing to the left corner of the room on the backswing is my homework.

Overall I really enjoyed this session. I think Jack picked up on what my swing did quickly, and the drill he showed me seems to really help. Now it's up to me to put in the work before my next lesson. Luckily I have picked up the holiday gold package so I have 10 lessons and 10 practice sessions to use within the year (along with either a driver or iron fitting to come later). I've scheduled a few lessons out taking one every two weeks so far. I'm pretty excited.
That is awesome @TWright971 and similar to what I went through.
I will be doing another session in a couple of weeks and they will see if I have made progress on the swing with the drills he gave me.

Back