So the swing evaluation/lesson went well. Spent a lot of time talking with the coach. Going over goals and past experiences. Started off with couple swings. Right away two flaws that were easy to correct. Shoulders were too open and hips weren't rotating enough/early enough. Instantly felt more solid contact. The next big issue we tackled was my shoulders over rotating and separated which was leading to slightly over the top swing occasionally. That was a little harder to fix, but I believe we came up with a solution. The hour swing evaluation ended up going almost a half hour over. I probably only took about 20 swings the entire time. Very effective changes. He gave me some drills to work on. Probably will schedule the next one in a couple weeks. Going to try to grove these changes. We picked out probably 2 or 3 more things to deal with in the future, so definitely excited for that. Was a great experience. Having swing videos , lesson notes, and drills in the app make it very easy to keep up with the changes.

Linking a couple videos
Before swing - https://gt.golf/Msr0zY
After swing - https://gt.golf/85uFDa
Very cool.
Looking forward to following along with this.

I took 12 years from playing golf and, with being retired and having time to play again, lessons seemed like a good idea. I signed up for practice and did the eval. I had a lot to work on apparently, so I also signed up for a series of 6 lessons.

At first I was a little concerned about their method being too formulaic. However, my coach understood my physical limitations and worked with me. He got my head movement stopped on the backswing and downswing, plus we mad stance adjustments to get more turn. I am limited with a low back fusion of L3-L5.

Results: Despite the fact I am 70 years old, I did get down to an 7.7 index at the lowest. Currently I’m an 8.7. I can play pretty decent from 6000 yard tees or less, so I’m happy with that. I’ve shot my age twice this year so far and had a hole in one, plus 3 other holdouts for Eagle.

I’m going back this fall for another round. I got a package deal for 3 months of practice, 10 lessons and a full bag fitting. The fitting should be a laugher since I’ve pretty much done all my own fittings with GolfWorks stuff.

On top of that I plan to start TPI training soon. I’d like to get my swing speed back up over 90 and maybe get my 7 iron distance a bit longer than 135. A plus would be to get my index down to5 or less and keep it there too.

This is definitely something i'm going to explore early next year. There are some changes to my schedule coming that should totally free me up to make this happen.

A few other things I forgot to include. We went over strengths and weaknesses right at the start, and what I wanted to get from the lessons. He also volunteered to work with my current coaches to make sure everyone is on the same page. And since I have a history of back issues, he said to make sure to bring up if anything causes pain so we can find a way to deal with it.

I took lessons for the first time ever last year and it was through Golf tec. I enjoyed the process, as I knew there were things I was doing incorrectly compared to what the ideal positions would be, but needed to see it for myself. Golftec does a great job of that with the cameras they have, and I did see an impact on course within I want to say 2 lessons. Was able to improve my contact and consistency with my irons which was my biggest fault. If I had more time to play and practice I really feel I could have set some of my best scores and HC this year from it.

Man I lucked out at GolfTec this time around. Not only do I have Golftec but my instructor there is a St. Louis legend! Terry Grosch is one of those names you just know in the St. Louis golf community. He retired but still wanted to teach, which is why he’s at GolfTec.

Anyway, I had my first lesson with him this morning and he Immediately found the cause of all my issues unlike the other instructors I’ve cycled through lately who have put band aide over bandaide. Then I immediately played in a scramble and played the best golf I’ve played in years.

After working with him for 35 min, I immediately re-signed up for a 15 pack of lessons. It is unbelievable having this caliber of instructor who also embraces the tech and is also not going to fit me into some swing I cannot physically do!

Here is the press release on his introduction into the HOF!
So not trying to go too far off topic, but what was the fault?

Great to hear it had such immediate results for you, and hasnt left you wwanting to quit the game!

I have done both, and will let others go through it, but to me the fundamentals are the same.
I didnt have to worry about good grass or range balls which is nice. Instructor used similar mechanics, which I also liked.
When I was there for SE, my instructor prefered Chrome Soft, and they were fine...

So not trying to go too far off topic, but what was the fault?

Great to hear it had such immediate results for you, and hasnt left you wwanting to quit the game!

We worked with a noodle across the shoulders to feel the correct chest rotation back with weight moving forward into impact we also worked on set up - getting a little closer and trying to stay more flat footed.

We also added in the door jam drill.

I am heading back tomorrow morning to do some work on the driver. I am still hitting that too low on the face.

That’s intriguing- I know GolfTec has gotten some bad reviews in the past, it sounds like there’s been some improvements and advances in the coaching. Like everything I’m sure it’s instructor dependent, but I may take a look at the two close by here myself.
I never understand the bad reviews. It is like anything. You need to get the correct coach but the process is very digestable with the right coach.

I am interested to get back in the sim to see what my ball speeds are compared to what I was back in March and Feb. I was ticking of building my own indoor practice area, but I am space limited. Plus, why spend the money when I have this facility available.

This summer, I got all the way up to a 15.6 - i was playing golf like ive never played before. Last week, I broke 80 for the first time since before Covid. It was not a fluke - I shot an 83 and 94 this week and I’m now back in the single digits - 9.5 GHIN.

I can attribute this success to the GolfTec instructor i now have. I’m back to playing golf instead of hoping I keep the ball in Play!

This summer, I got all the way up to a 15.6 - i was playing golf like ive never played before. Last week, I broke 80 for the first time since before Covid. It was not a fluke - I shot an 83 and 94 this week and I’m now back in the single digits - 9.5 GHIN.

I can attribute this success to the GolfTec instructor i now have. I’m back to playing golf instead of hoping I keep the ball in Play!
Very cool to read about your journey and the fact you are under a 10 hcap now! Congrats

Wow, your golftec rooms are like 3x the size of what we get here. They feel very cramped here
The old facilty sucked. It was so bad corporate bought it from the franchise to make it proper.
Very cool to read about your journey and the fact you are under a 10 hcap now! Congrat
this is my second round with GolfTec. I am so happy because I have one of the best instructors ever in Missouri and I have all the technology that GolfTec offers. It has been a blessing!

Its really a shame that they don't open a facility where I am. I get it, we are a smaller center, but year round indoor golf instruction would be great in our climate.

This winter alone I think we are getting two new facilities with the ability to shot track and have instruction. Obe will probably end up being offseason only though.

me and my instructor have been playing phone tag trying to schedule my next lesson, unfortunately got my finger smashed up pretty good yesterday, so I'm benched for a few weeks...hopefully nothing broken...super bummed, was feeling really confident with my swing at least on the ST+

me and my instructor have been playing phone tag trying to schedule my next lesson, unfortunately got my finger smashed up pretty good yesterday, so I'm benched for a few weeks...hopefully nothing broken...super bummed, was feeling really confident with my swing at least on the ST+
That sucks! Heal up quick and get back at it!

Who all has done the GolfTec swing evaluation? Really curious to hear about your experience after listening to the podcast this morning.

Who all has done the GolfTec swing evaluation? Really curious to hear about your experience after listening to the podcast this morning.
I second this.

I had a swing evaluation and took lessons and GolfTec years ago when they still had to hook you up wearing a sensor belt and straps over your shoulders to get your numbers. It was great back then and really helped me in sorting out my Iron swing back then.

I am planning on going back this winter once some things on my schedule get cleared up. Want to go into next season on a high note.

I did it this spring. My swing had morphed over time into something less repeatable. I mostly wanted to fine tune and just unlock the app to schedule practice sessions. Well, it sowed me a lot of what I was doing that was inefficient and I was moving all over the place. It was amazing I even could get the club back on the ball. After that I decided to sign up for lessons.

I was skeptical at first with all the position analysis and comparisons to tour pros that they would try to fit me in a swing that physically I could not make. Turned out, that was not the case as there was a lot of give and take. Everyone has to make some compensations due to physical limitations, the question is how can you do that with what you have to work with. It’s been pretty successful for an old guy like me. OTOH, I play nearly every day and, this winter, I am taking golf fitness and flexibility seriously to limit my compensations. YMMV.

Haven't heard the podcast yet, but I did the swing evaluation, pretty solid stuff, my coach was able to help me with something I've been struggling with for years.. I posted about it on the first or second page of this thread.. finally going back in a week or so...had some issues with timing and a fractured finger lol but seems like that's all better now

Back