9am evaluation appointment today. I am a little nervous. My swing always stinks during a lesson and I am assuming an evaluation will be the same. Would really like the evaluation to be based on my true golf swing not my nervous brain dead during a lesson swing.
They understand this happens, just relax and smooth it out. Don't chase course numbers. Easier said than done.

For the wrap on this lesson:

What he had to start with:
View attachment 9248321
Much less club around me and over the top of my head!

Here is where he got me to:
View attachment 9248322
A little less hitch at the top and a shorter back swing than when I first started (he still wants it shorter for now)

Looking forward too the next lesson in a few weeks when I'm not traveling again.

The journey continues...
That is so good to see mate.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
9am evaluation appointment today. I am a little nervous. My swing always stinks during a lesson and I am assuming an evaluation will be the same. Would really like the evaluation to be based on my true golf swing not my nervous brain dead during a lesson swing.
Relax and enjoy it. Mine yesterday was pretty stress free after a few swings to loosen up. My only concern when I started was being offset on screen. My sim we are centered on screen where GT you are offset to one side. Bays are set up for righties and lefties. My instructor made it very enjoyable.

Nice work @J4U !

Takeaway and backswing can take FOREVER to dial in, so be patient with the process and with yourself. It took me a year to get where I want to be and I constantly have to self-monitor to make sure I'm not regressing.

First round in after evaluation and first lesson. Video evidence and a couple modifications is already paying dividends. A takeaway check and improved hand path on down swing. Ball contact was so much better today. Need to continue working on hand path over the next few weeks. I believe this is a fix and not another bandaid.

Spent more time on range and short game area this afternoon. Working on staying centered without swaying off ball and hand path on down swing. New improved hand path is going to improve wedges also. Solid range session.

Next lesson is on the 27th after a quick trip to the mountains. I’ll be making practice swings in garage while gone. Don’t want to loose what has been gained.

How did it go.

How did it go? About like I expected.Very nervous and had the club in a death grip. Swinging to hard and hooking a lot. Really enjoyed all of the tech though. They put Zach Johnson on the screen next to me. I was very surprised that my back swing for the most part was good. My shoulder and hip rotations was more than I thought I could do. I believe he said my shoulder rotation was 97 degrees. I attribute the rotation to the MISIG training aid and about a weeks worth of You Tube golf stretching in the gym.

I was told to limit my back swing, swing smoother with less thinking, and aim for the second baseman for a inside to out approach. I was coming from the inside but then coming across the ball to the left as I was hurrying my swing. All in all it was a positive experience even though my normal swing barely made an appearance. I was hitting 7 iron in the 150 range and that is my yardage for golfing outside. Normally my distances on simulators are less than outside golf.

I am purchasing a 5 pack of lessons and look forward to see how much I can improve. I know that I will see more improvement when actually playing than when taking a lesson. I will never swing exactly like Zach but that is OK. Arnie said "swing your swing" and I agree. I can give it some nice tweaks though.

How did it go? About like I expected.Very nervous and had the club in a death grip. Swinging to hard and hooking a lot. Really enjoyed all of the tech though. They put Zach Johnson on the screen next to me. I was very surprised that my back swing for the most part was good. My shoulder and hip rotations was more than I thought I could do. I believe he said my shoulder rotation was 97 degrees. I attribute the rotation to the MISIG training aid and about a weeks worth of You Tube golf stretching in the gym.

I was told to limit my back swing, swing smoother with less thinking, and aim for the second baseman for a inside to out approach. I was coming from the inside but then coming across the ball to the left as I was hurrying my swing. All in all it was a positive experience even though my normal swing barely made an appearance. I was hitting 7 iron in the 150 range and that is my yardage for golfing outside. Normally my distances on simulators are less than outside golf.

I am purchasing a 5 pack of lessons and look forward to see how much I can improve. I know that I will see more improvement when actually playing than when taking a lesson. I will never swing exactly like Zach but that is OK. Arnie said "swing your swing" and I agree. I can give it some nice tweaks though.
Sounds like it went pretty well! It will get easier as far as the tension goes with your instructor as you progress.

Don't be afraid to ask "why" if something they ask you to do doesn't make since. Don't guess and think you know. Get confirmation. I made that mistake my first session and it only took clarification of "how" he wanted to get me there to clear it up.

Much like the likes and dislikes, what works for others and not for you in golf. This is no different and I think can be more debilitating if your both not on the same page in the why, how, and what is the goal reality.

Well done!

Also, the second baseman has been my focus, maybe was now that lessons are involved. It helped me overcome my flaws.

I think he is wanting me to get more towards second base (direct to target). Then when/if we get to shot shape, pick who will be my b*tch on the infield :ROFLMAO:

All hypothetical for me anyway right now. The road in front of me is long.

Blake pulled up Zach Johnson on my swing comparison also. Says he uses Zach a lot. Tony Finau was my back swing comparison. I did enjoy the optimotion a lot. Have 5 hours of lessons paid for. Looking forward to seeing what progress can be made.

Had my first lesson on Friday. Definitely a little humbling in more ways than one. Seeing your swing on video with all the metrics they're able to put up about your positions really lays it all out there bare for you to see. Also a great reinforcement that I need to lose some weight! 😅

We're starting with irons. After the usual 'what do you want to get out of this?' conversation he had me start hitting balls. Instructor said my setup was good and we went through my swing. Backswing positions were good, but I was setting my wrists early and hung the club out a good bit at the top, which is not a huge surprise. We'll get back to those two in a minute. On the downswing somewhere about halfway down my shoulders are swaying back, which puts me in a bad position for iron shots (and probably anything). I was also cupping my lead wrist, which explains some of the contact issues I've seen.

This is where he dug in a bit. He threw up metrics on the screen that showed my shoulders as they move towards the target. It made it really easy to see where I was leaning back, and for the rest of the lesson we worked on that issue alone. We talked about feeling like I was engaging my core muscles a bit more on my back swing and really focusing on keeping my shoulders moving towards the target. Didn't do a ton of full speed swings but the after video was way better even after just a few swings. Staying connected in my backswing led to a much better wrist position, the club was level with the ground at the top, and I was getting a more complete shoulder turn from 85˚ to 90˚. When I was able to keep myself from swaying back I was also in a much better position at impact. I'm not saying it's a cure all or that I started hitting ropes out there (there were a couple), but it's crazy how much one little detail can totally impact all other parts of the swing.

I've got some drills to work on, both on the Golftec site and some that he gave me. Short week for me this week so I won't be back until next week, but excited to keep working on it. I know that there will be more to learn here for sure!
Sounds like a solid experience so far

For the wrap on this lesson:

What he had to start with:
View attachment 9248321
Much less club around me and over the top of my head!

Here is where he got me to:
View attachment 9248322
A little less hitch at the top and a shorter back swing than when I first started (he still wants it shorter for now)

Looking forward too the next lesson in a few weeks when I'm not traveling again.

The journey continues...
All the videos and explanations are great 👊

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Sounds like a solid experience so far
It has been. Out of town last weekend and work exploding in my face has kept me from the range to work on it, but I've been doing some drills with no club. Hopeful to get a range session and a round in between now and next week. If I'm happy with my progress I'll get another scheduled then. Really just trying to make sure I'm locking in what we did the first lesson before trying to put more on top of that.

Got some range time in. Feel like I'm getting closer but still not quite grooved. Had some stinkers and some that felt awesome. Went ahead an booked another lesson for next week so we can keep working on it. Will try to get to my round this weekend early so I can work on it a bit more before we play.

Went for another lesson today. We talked about my latest round and I thought my irons were pretty solid but needed work on my woods focusing on driver. Left too many out right. got warmed up and took a few swings, my coach Jack the went to the video and we noticed that I was missing more on the heels of the club but my path was good. So he thought maybe I was crowding the ball a bit, wanted me to address the ball with the toe of the driver, a few swings with that and center strikes were back. Ball was still trailing a bit right, so we looked at the backswing again and I was sucking the clubhead in just a bit, so worked on that as well and found a combo that had me around where we wanted. So homework on the driver takeaway and setting up further the ball. Next round on Saturday.

I had my swing evaluation tonight. Captured a lot of my faults. But also saw a lot of things I do well.

I came in with a draw backswing and a slice downswing. No surprise my initial lesson is to work on the downswing.

1710476626405.png

Here are the notes from my swing evaluation.
IMG_4964.jpeg

Lesson today. I hit my 7i so good first few swings, we moved on to 40 yard wedges.

IMG_0506.jpegIMG_0505.jpeg

He set up a green over water to hit wedges too with three different height targets. I was actually able to hit the lower trajectory wedge I’ve been after. Now for a lot of practice on that feel.

Won’t be at the range for about a week. I did however bring a club along so I could make practice swings in garage. Snow is a little deep to swing outside here. In Colorado for a week. Then it’s home back to range with another lesson scheduled shortly after we get home.

Lesson day.
Focusing on noodle drill to eliminate over the top and last time it was starting to get there.

Lesson day.
Focusing on noodle drill to eliminate over the top and last time it was starting to get there.
What is the noodle drill?

Lesson day.
I sure wish there was a magic pill to solve that problem. Good luck today. I have same issue next lesson is on the 27th.

What is the noodle drill?
In some ways its like using an alignment stick. My coach was holding it in place and I had to basically swing without hitting it. Designed to get rid of over the top.

I sure wish there was a magic pill to solve that problem. Good luck today. I have same issue next lesson is on the 27th.
This works really well. I think many of their coaches use it for over the top.

Back