Lesson day.
Focusing on noodle drill to eliminate over the top and last time it was starting to get there.
I used to use the noodle as well and it helped a lot. Can even set it up yourself on the range with an alignment stick to support the noodle.

Lesson day.
Focusing on noodle drill to eliminate over the top and last time it was starting to get there.

Is that the one where the noodle is basically over top the ball (straight on your target line from behind it) and you are forced to swing down from the inside to make contact? Love that drill in that it really helped me and is one I go back to often.

Can I ask what you guys are paying for these lesson plans? They do not advertise it and make some vague statement about it varying based on blah, blah, blah. The initial swing evaluation here is $95 but I want to know what the continuing investment will cost me if I decide to take it further. Thanks

In some ways its like using an alignment stick. My coach was holding it in place and I had to basically swing without hitting it. Designed to get rid of over the top.

This works really well. I think many of their coaches use it for over the top.
I’m sure we will get to the noodle. First lesson after evaluation we worked on hand path. Then hands and club position at club parallel on the down swing. Lessons are going to be enjoyable. I took what we work on in lesson one to the range and course last week. Saw some real positives.

Can I ask what you guys are paying for these lesson plans? They do not advertise it and make some vague statement about it varying based on blah, blah, blah. The initial swing evaluation here is $95 but I want to know what the continuing investment will cost me if I decide to take it further. Thanks
I bought a 10 pack w/swing evaluation and one component fitting (either iron or driver) during their holiday sale. gave me a full year to use the 10 lessons which was $995 at the time. I will say even doing just the swing evaluation for $95 was would have been worth it to me as it would have given me an understanding of what was going on with my swing (and it gave me comfort with the instructor).

I bought a 10 pack w/swing evaluation and one component fitting (either iron or driver) during their holiday sale. gave me a full year to use the 10 lessons which was $995 at the time. I will say even doing just the swing evaluation for $95 was would have been worth it to me as it would have given me an understanding of what was going on with my swing (and it gave me comfort with the instructor).
Thanks man. That's sorta where I'm at. I have a never-ending toe miss with my irons that I wonder if the initial eval may help identify the issue. I know enough about my golf swing that I may be able to fix it if I know where the problem stems from. Do they have shorter duration packages than 10 lessons? Are they generally $100ish per session when averaging it out?

Thanks man. That's sorta where I'm at. I have a never-ending toe miss with my irons that I wonder if the initial eval may help identify the issue. I know enough about my golf swing that I may be able to fix it if I know where the problem stems from. Do they have shorter duration packages than 10 lessons? Are they generally $100ish per session when averaging it out?
I know they do have shorter packages, I do not know what the costs end up being. I jumped at the 10 lessons cause it gave me the full year to use them.

They have a 5-pack. That’s the smallest lesson plan they offer. Generally at the $100 per lesson price point

Is that the one where the noodle is basically over top the ball (straight on your target line from behind it) and you are forced to swing down from the inside to make contact? Love that drill in that it really helped me and is one I go back to often.
It sure is.

lesson tomorrow.. I think we'll probably just work on impact position again...it's been a tough one for me to get right

I screen shot this from my Clubhouse page.

1710882021154.png

Handicap has come down nearly a full point since I started lessons. Pretty excited about this

Handicap has come down nearly a full point since I started lessons. Pretty excited about this
i think Im pulling the trigger.

i think Im pulling the trigger.
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

I’ve been working on taking spin off of pitches and chips. Getting better at it after a few outdoor sessions. Will do a combine contest with @mtbloco tomorrow

Excited to see this in about a month

I screen shot this from my Clubhouse page.

View attachment 9249964
They have deals from time to time as well I think. Worth doing an evaluation to build the relationship IMO. I'm on the 5 lesson pack now (don't remember paying that much), but going to work with my coach to see how I can keep it going throughout the year once I get through those.

I’ve been working on taking spin off of pitches and chips. Getting better at it after a few outdoor sessions. Will do a combine contest with @mtbloco tomorrow
wait...we're have a low spin contest? You're doomed!

Have a practice scheduled for tomorrow and forced a local job until afterwards. Looking forward to it, then off again traveling Friday, short trip but still OOS. Boooo.

Last swing of the session felt like it was what is intended to be the goal. Of course the lesson times out while processing the video :ROFLMAO:

Coach talked with me about extending the package and probably will before March sale ends at lesson next Friday.

Don't think I'll be at a point I can just stop with what I've been provided with the ST+ experience.

Will also address a shaft fitting and lie angle as we get closer to the change in my swing. Will probably change the lie angle a bit I'm thinking.

What felt bad on swings is when I was getting closer to the goal via video. Crazy game we play.

Off to this stupid job thing

Had my lesson today, only a 30 mins lesson so didn't have a lot of time. Worked on getting a little more flex in the wrist (little bowing) to try and help keep the angle and get a proper launch. This was easier for me to do.. really only worked with smaller swings..but last swing of the day ..maybe 90% swing.. smoked it ...and hit the top of the flag stick and bounced off it ..so cool to see..wish I recorded it..but we were being rushed out by the next person.. already set my next appointment...hour long lesson this time..took a few swings when I got home before work..ball feels so good coming off the club..ready to groove this.. definitely gonna take some getting used to

After I did the evaluation I picked the 10 credits. Credits are 30 minutes which can be followed by another 30 minutes of practice. I’m opted to do 5 hour long lessons. If you buy the lesson pack $95 evaluation is then included. My evaluation and lessons ended up to be 720. They are running sale until the 29th of March. Blake told me they run specials like this a couple times a year. Usually spring and fall

Back