Have a question:

The links provided in the lessons do not play within the post and must be clicked. It then takes you to GolfTec to view. Is there another way to embed the links so they don't require an additional click?

@AuzzieMatt how did you embed them in your posts? PM me if it would be easier.
I saved them to my PC from GolfTec and then uploaded them here. Just make sure you play the video before trying to do the save as.

1708177981472.png

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
How did folks vet their coach before jumping into lessons? Especially if your location has multiple coach options?

How did folks vet their coach before jumping into lessons? Especially if your location has multiple coach options?
for me - I didnt...just got randomly assigned when I signed up..there was one at my location I didnt want personally, but I didnt get them. I did research the coaches, but I didnt choose which one I got

I didn't really vet them, went in for the Swing Evaluation, while there actually met all 3 of the coaches at my location, worked with the one their system set me up with and when talking and getting to know him during the Swing Eval I decided it worked and I liked his teaching style. Figure if it didn't then I would just say so and ask to setup a different swing evaluation with one of the other guys.

Another I didn't. I got lucky and we clicked.

I actually did 2 different swing evals before choosing.

Same location or different store?
Same location.
I even spoke to my first one while I was there. I was concerned a little bit of awkwardness, kind of like going to a barber and asking for someone else. But honestly there wasnt at all.

Set my evaluation appointment for March 12th with Blake at GolfTec OKC. See where this takes me.

I just paid for an extra Swing Eval. Probably not the answer you wanted.

Same location.
I even spoke to my first one while I was there. I was concerned a little bit of awkwardness, kind of like going to a barber and asking for someone else. But honestly there wasnt at all.
Yep, same experience for me. They didn't care.

Just scheduled my lesson for next week.

Can’t wait till I get in for my evaluation then some lessons. Vacation and work are getting on the way of golf improvement.

Next lesson scheduled the 29th. Will hopefully get my first round in this weekend so will be able to discuss it with my coach.

Just scheduled my lesson for next week.
think I'm about to schedule my next one for next week as well

We started with wedges today , but he was happy with them so went to 4 irons. Lot of time getting more inside out path. Contact was good.

I've decided to get back into some lessons going into the season this year. Initial focus will be on irons. First lesson is this Friday! I'm genuinely excited about getting my swing ironed out.

I went to Golftec for my putter and wedge fitting for the Quest Cup. Ended up getting along with the coach who helped me out with those, so decided to take a shot on some lessons with him.

I didn't really vet them, went in for the Swing Evaluation, while there actually met all 3 of the coaches at my location, worked with the one their system set me up with and when talking and getting to know him during the Swing Eval I decided it worked and I liked his teaching style. Figure if it didn't then I would just say so and ask to setup a different swing evaluation with one of the other guys.
Which Golftec are you going to? I'm going to Fairfax right off Rte 50.

I've decided to get back into some lessons going into the season this year. Initial focus will be on irons. First lesson is this Friday! I'm genuinely excited about getting my swing ironed out.

I went to Golftec for my putter and wedge fitting for the Quest Cup. Ended up getting along with the coach who helped me out with those, so decided to take a shot on some lessons with him.

Which Golftec are you going to? I'm going to Fairfax right off Rte 50.

Yep, going to that same GolfTec in Fairfax off Rte 50 also. I see Jack Burke.

Yep, going to that same GolfTec in Fairfax off Rte 50 also. I see Jack Burke.
Same here. He was awesome in the fittings and helped me out a bit swing-wise during the wedge fitting so I figured why not? Can't hurt to get some work in before the weather turns. Once it does we should link up for a round sometime. There are a couple other NoVA golfers bumbling around here, but not a ton of organized events.

Same here. He was awesome in the fittings and helped me out a bit swing-wise during the wedge fitting so I figured why not? Can't hurt to get some work in before the weather turns. Once it does we should link up for a round sometime. There are a couple other NoVA golfers bumbling around here, but not a ton of organized events.
Yeah, I liked that he wasn't totally focused on the numbers, he will use them but it's not the only focus.

We should definitely get out sometime. I know @PharaohHB tried to organize some stuff last year for around richmond and I think is planning on trying again this year, so will definitely join that, and @PPFour12 and I get together some in MD and PA. Always good playing with THPers.

Same location.

In my experience, golf coaches are like doctors.

You stress and worry about having to have a conversation with your doctor that you want to go to another doctor. When the day comes your doctor says matter-of-factly, "Best wishes. Give me a call if I can ever help you again," and then they walk out to their next appointment.

In short, while pros may not really want you to switch to another pro, they're too busy to spend a lot of time worrying about it or chasing you down. They'll just wish you the best and then get on to their other students - no hard feelings.

Yeah, I liked that he wasn't totally focused on the numbers, he will use them but it's not the only focus.

We should definitely get out sometime. I know @PharaohHB tried to organize some stuff last year for around richmond and I think is planning on trying again this year, so will definitely join that, and @PPFour12 and I get together some in MD and PA. Always good playing with THPers.
Very cool. We'll take the local stuff to the appropriate threads/DMs.

Yeah that was kinda my take as well. Very easy to talk with and after I told him what I wanted to work on he said he thinks I should be able to get to a good place fairly quickly. I'm focused on irons mostly, but not shy about working on the rest of the bag either. Looking forward to starting again this year. It's been >7 years since my last lesson so it's beyond time.

Looking forward to my evaluation coming up on the 12th. I truly believe it will make a vast difference in swing.

Dude, that’s awesome! I hope the lessons go well!

Back