Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

I’m back full bore on the graphite bandwagon in my irons for 2024, 23 was fun at times seeing I could still play steel….

But….

Why?

I’m back full bore on the graphite bandwagon in my irons for 2024, 23 was fun at times seeing I could still play steel….

But….

Why?
I'm going to have to, and I'm about to do something drastic. My left elbow is so unhappy right now. Ideally I'd go UST.

I'm going to have to, and I'm about to do something drastic. My left elbow is so unhappy right now. Ideally I'd go UST.
You’d enjoy the new standard Dart’s, all the good from the og recoils, but shockingly tighter dispersion imo.

You’d enjoy the new standard Dart’s, all the good from the og recoils, but shockingly tighter dispersion imo.
That's what I've been looking at closest.

That's what I've been looking at closest.
My biggest thing, I know what I’m getting with UST. There’s always a level of comfort and familiarity, but also that it’ll do what it claims. I appreciate that, especially compared to some of the other price points out there. Plus, they’re just effin great.

That said, I DO think that you would enjoy the Rapid Taper’s from XCaliber. They’re wild looking, but they freaking work, ball speed jump is real, but while keeping consistency.

My biggest thing, I know what I’m getting with UST. There’s always a level of comfort and familiarity, but also that it’ll do what it claims. I appreciate that, especially compared to some of the other price points out there. Plus, they’re just effin great.

That said, I DO think that you would enjoy the Rapid Taper’s from XCaliber. They’re wild looking, but they freaking work, ball speed jump is real, but while keeping consistency.
I did some reading about them (your articles) just the other day. Ball speed gains are a BIG attraction to me.

I did some reading about them (your articles) just the other day. Ball speed gains are a BIG attraction to me.
They’re very very real too, but without getting “loose” if that makes sense.

They’re very very real too, but without getting “loose” if that makes sense.
It does. I'm still hopeful my release pattern changes a bit with all the work I'm putting into it, but at the moment I don't really mind a bit of whip/load in a shaft.

But….

Why?
I probably should be. But I'm not sure.

But….

Why?
I need to do an iron shaft fitting again this year. I love the MMTs but feel like the 95s are too light. I'd like to stay in graphite as well, but want to move back to something heavier. Based on some swings with my old Edels as we get ready for the QC I'm kind of leaning towards steel in my wedges since I'll likely get that fitting done before my iron fitting. We'll see what the fitter says about that as well.

Been looking a lot at the UST Lin-Q M40X TSPX lineup of wood and hybrid shafts. I'm wondering about the blue wood shafts and black hybrid shafts, specifically, and might just order one of each to give them a shot.

I'm on a never-ending, always-failing mission to replace my 4 iron/4 utility with a hybrid. The latest one I have to try is a G430 5H turned down to 24.5 degrees. (A 4H would go too far for gapping.) If I could pair that with a low-low shaft, it might help keep me from hitting moon balls and give this thing a real chance. But I don't quite have the speed for something like a Ventus Black 9X. Wondering if maybe the Lin-Q Black 100 F4 might give me a little more feel in a low-low sort of option.

Also, for those who have hit the Blue wood shaft ... where's it sit in the blueboard universe? Are we talking something closer to Ventus Blue/Ventus TR Blue, or more like Diamana TB?

Been looking a lot at the UST Lin-Q M40X TSPX lineup of wood and hybrid shafts. I'm wondering about the blue wood shafts and black hybrid shafts, specifically, and might just order one of each to give them a shot.

I'm on a never-ending, always-failing mission to replace my 4 iron/4 utility with a hybrid. The latest one I have to try is a G430 5H turned down to 24.5 degrees. (A 4H would go too far for gapping.) If I could pair that with a low-low shaft, it might help keep me from hitting moon balls and give this thing a real chance. But I don't quite have the speed for something like a Ventus Black 9X. Wondering if maybe the Lin-Q Black 100 F4 might give me a little more feel in a low-low sort of option.

Also, for those who have hit the Blue wood shaft ... where's it sit in the blueboard universe? Are we talking something closer to Ventus Blue/Ventus TR Blue, or more like Diamana TB?
@hedley_lamarr08

I have the LINQ black 100 F5 in a Super Hybrid at 15 degrees and a King Tec at 19 degrees. Didn’t lose any distance with the change but the flight is lower and more penetrating. Feel is very nice as well.

But….

Why?
This is where im at also. Trying out the KBS TGI 110 in Mizuno Pro 243. Should be arriving Friday

Other than that I really want to try the Accra TZi 115 iron shafts

I also want to find a good graphite wedge shaft and am leaning towards SteelFiber private reserve wedge 130.

Saw Fujikura's new graphite iron shafts with velocore (Axiom)... had a hard ponder on those. 125grams....

Saw Fujikura's new graphite iron shafts with velocore (Axiom)... had a hard ponder on those. 125grams....
Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF

Just when I was pondering the new Ventus Blue. Sure just add to the list.

But….

Why?
I'll reshaft the CBs after the Goat Cup. Things are going well right now but its hard to beat the feel of graphite.

This is where im at also. Trying out the KBS TGI 110 in Mizuno Pro 243. Should be arriving Friday

Other than that I really want to try the Accra TZi 115 iron shafts

I also want to find a good graphite wedge shaft and am leaning towards SteelFiber private reserve wedge 130.
I’m a UST graphite guy, love me some Dart V

I have the 105X in my i230s but was very close to going 125X. Love them. Still thinking about getting a set with 125X -- mine are built to D4, but I historically do best with irons that have more weight overall, rather than just building to a slightly higher than standard swing weight.

Anybody compare Axioms to Recoil Dart V TSPX 120 and/or MMT 125?

The new diamana stuff has my attention I think due to nostalgia more than anything.

Back